Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 AM   #1  
Domestic Goddess

Arrow Turbo Jam 10-Day - The Sequel!

Good Morning, Turbo Chicks!

As promised, I'm starting another 10-day push to get ready for my doc appt on 6/29. Shall we? Any takers?

I haven't been on the boards in forever...but not because I've given up or lost interest or anything! I was lucky enough to get a job working from home a few weeks ago, and although this means being online a great deal, there isn't a whole lot of time to do fun things online, such as visiting this site. But I'm returning to my regularly scheduled groove and managing to fit everything in - things like feeding people and cleaning the house.

Because guess what I have still managed to do 4-5 days a week, even with my new job? I'm so proud to tell you all, I've been doing three Cardio Parties + the Ab Jam DVD each week, as well as at least one and sometimes two Turbo Sculpt sessions + the 20-min Jam each week. I can honestly say I'm working out for an hour at a time, at least four days a week . I can't believe it - three months ago I didn't even have the energy to get my butt off the couch and go for a walk. (Though admittedly, three months ago it was still icy cold outside - this being Michigan and all. Still.)

And, even without dieting - at all - I am still losing weight. I just can't get over it. I have pretty much eaten whatever I want and I am still losing a pound or so a week. (I have not reflected these changes in my slider yet, though, because as I think I mentioned earlier, I don't know how accurate my scale is and I really, really don't want to have to slide it back up after leaving my doc's office. So I am waiting till the 29th and will report the grand total at that time. The loss may be less than I thought it would be, but then again...)

Which brings us back to the latest, greatest TJ 10-Day, starting today. I'm doing 1300 cals per day, and in addition to the suggested CP-CP-TS schedule I'm going to do the Ab Jam with each CP, and the 20-Minute Jam with each TS. One hour per day, ten days straight. I'm so excited to see how it all turns out next week.

Well, I have to rustle up some breakfast real fast and get to work. If anyone else is joining me, happy Jamming! We Can Do It! And to everyone who's been working so hard over the last month, doing their own 10-day programs, Go Girls! It's time and effort well-spent and you'll never, ever regret it!

Jam On!
zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #2  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Thumbs up Count Me In!!!

Zennifer,

My 10-Day challenge ends tomorrow. I will commit to doing your challenge on the 29th as I need the motivation to reach my goal weight. There's just something about accountability??

Let me know what the requirements are (i.e. posts measurements/weight, etc.)

Thanks for keeping the challenge going.

Linda
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 AM   #3  

I will be happy to join in starting Thursday morning! My turbo jam doesn't arrive until late tomorrow. I cannot wait to be a part of the Turbo Jammers!!

Sara
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #4  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

I guess I misread your post---when are you starting the challenge?? I see that 6/29 is when you go to the doctor. Sorry for the confusion SaraD.

If you are starting today, then I'll still join--just will continue the program.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM   #5  
Domestic Goddess

Excellent! TurboMimi, all I'm doing is checking in each day to confirm that I've exercised and to see how everyone else is doing. Also, I signed up with FitDay (it's free!) and I've linked it so, to keep myself accountable, anyone who wants to can look at it and see how I'm doing diet-wise. I really want to keep my cals around 1300 per day since that's doable.

SaraD, join in whenever you can! You're going to love this workout.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:12 PM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

I soooo want to join in but i cant order untill payday (thurs 22nd ) now i know everyone out there has probably said it a million times but im at work and cant read every post so just if anyone knows quickly where do i order the complete set for CHEAP we are kinda tight on money right now we just moved and it took it all?? thanks and i know you guys hate repeat questions but if i dont have to dig it would be great info for me
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #7  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

707Goodness - Several others have ordered it from QVC--it's cheaper, the shipping is ceaper and I believe it arrives sooner. Check it out.

You will love Turbo Jam and the individuals on this sight are very supportive, motivating and a great bunch of people.

Hope you can join us soon!

Linda
Old 06-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Zennifer,
I'll be here! I need to stick with my workout schedule and keep close track of the eating too! I will probably alter eating program a little, but will be sticking with the healthier foods and watching the calories as well as protein/fat/carbs.
Count me in!
nail-lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:09 PM   #9  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Zennifer,

I so sorry to ask this again, but I am "Blonde". What day are you starting? Today, tomorrow? I was going to post your challenge on the other thread, but don't know when to tell them you are starting.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #10  

I think she's starting TODAY! Or, rather, yesterday. Because if she has the appointment on the 29th, and 29 - 10 (days)= 19, she should have started on the 19th, which is yesterday?

Anyway, I'll just use this to keep myself motivated too, but I will be doing more than just Cardio Party and Turbo Scuplt. I'm adding Turbo Jam Live and Ab Jam too! I'm going all the way, baby!!!!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zennifer
Good Morning, Turbo Chicks!

Which brings us back to the latest, greatest TJ 10-Day, starting today. I'm doing 1300 cals per day, and in addition to the suggested CP-CP-TS schedule I'm going to do the Ab Jam with each CP, and the 20-Minute Jam with each TS. One hour per day, ten days straight. I'm so excited to see how it all turns out next week.
There we go. It starts today, the 20th!
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #12  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Ok, I get it now. I agree, Hampster, I'm doing additional workout videos too. It will make it more interesting and will keep the momentum going!!

Got to get to work!!
Old 06-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #13  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Default Count me in, too!

Hi Zennifer ~~ I'm back for more...please count me in on your challenge! BTW, congrats on your new job. I would love to work from home, unfortunately, as a systems administrator (other duties include training & technical support) I'm forced to come into the office daily.

Anyway, glad to see participants from Turbomimi's challenge. We're dedicated to getting this done. Let's keep it going.

BTW, I'm checking off CP Remix for today...it's done. I'll probably do the 20 min. w/o when I get home from work. I'm also on Day 3 of a 21-Day personal challenge to avoid sweet treats (i.e. cake, cookies, soda, candy, ice cream...you get the picture).
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:32 PM   #14  
Domestic Goddess

Hey all!

I'm so happy to see that I have more friends along for the ride! Whoohoo!

Okay, enough exclamation marks!!!!!!

Turbomimi, yep, I did start up again yesterday. I've timed it so that (oh, the shame - heehee) when I'm done with my doc appt, I can go out and have a nice dinner and a glass (or two) of wine and maybe even dessert to celebrate the finish line of this particular challenge.

Darcy, glad to see you again!

Hamster, Welcome to this 10-day Jam! I know you and Turbomimi were doing another 10-day challenge earlier this month. Wow! Keep up the fab work!

Bbobsgrl, hello again, happy to see you here! I think you're going to make that mini goal, no problem. Thanks for the congrats on the new job. I feel very lucky indeed...Ann Arbor is a really, really, REALLY expensive town to live in, and every extra dollar helps, esp since daycare here is astronomical. Now the issue is keeping the kids out of my hair while I work (my daughter is on summer vacation now, which means twice the interruptions - but don't get me wrong, I'm delighted she's home and her little brother is too. It's just hard for both of them to see Mom as anything but their personal chef/referee/camp counselor/vacuum cleaner). These changes are shaking up their world a little, but I do believe it's a change for the better.

You know, I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt for me to do a ten-day challenge once a month until I get back into my fave jeans, my "skinny 14s" (I'm actually built so that a 12 or a 14 can look pretty svelte, esp since my whole family tends toward the size 24 end of the spectrum...anyway, since I've been jamming, I'm able to button and zip my second-tier fat jeans, size 16, but they still aren't really fit for public consumption yet - too much muffin top to leave the house comfortably, not to mention doing things like sitting or bending (grin). BUT I did order a new bathing suit this summer, size 18, and we all know that you order a size up if you want your butt properly covered, right? Anyway, it arrived yesterday and I tried it on with trepidation, but, voila! It fit beautifully! I actually felt sort of cute in it. The not-jiggling helped in that regard. I must cop to the fact that it does indeed have a skirt, but it's just long enough to cover the troublesome tops of my thighs, and it's a much more modern, youthful looking swimsuit than I wore last year. (Some of you may remember my first 10-day challenge thread...I vowed I'd never wear last year's suit again, and gosh darn it, I'M NOT!)

So, I'm finished with CP and Ab Jam (whew, that's a burn) and I'm off to make a healthy lunch. Hope you're all feeling motivated and ready to have a really fabulous Challenge...
Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #15  

Hey, everybody.
I am new to this site. After reviewin everybody's posts on the Turbo Jam i decided to give it a try. I was torn between that workout and the TransFIRMer. I hope this will work. I am worried that I might not be able to keep up. I am not very good at dancing......lol! I just want to look more attractive for my husband's homecoming from Afghanistan.
Mom2Seany is offline   Reply With Quote