Old 06-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #1  

Default Turbo Jammers!! Thoughts please.

I have been trying to learn the moves ever since I recieved the video on Thursday. I am finding it very difficult to maintain the tuck. Has anybody else had diffculty learning and performing the moves? Is not being able to do the moves correctly going to inhibit the results I see?

I am having fun with this. I love how Chalene keeps "you" the audience as the focus. She is so encouraging and cheerful. My son, 7, loves doing the workout with me and we just keep laughing about how goofy we look trying to do the moves. Hey, as I told him, at least we are trying!

--Sara
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #2  

Sara, I have been doing Tubo Jam for about two weeks. I still cannot stay in the tuck position for all the moves, but I have still seen great results. In fact, I still cannot get through CP all the way through without stopping and marching in place to catch my breath. I did the 10 day challenge that just ended, and even though I was not doing all the moves at 100% (I would say more like 60%) I still lost 3 lbs. and 10.5 inches. Just keep at it. Everytime you do it you will pick up more.

Just keep pressing play!
mookiemunchkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

if you are having trouble go back and do Learn till you can do the movement and then stick to the 20 minute until you can get it..
Pretty soon it will be natural to do...Some movemtents you will not be able do the tuck, like kicking. So dont worry about it so much. just work on proper form and you will do great!

Turbo Jam is awesome!
sunshinedaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  

I still have trouble with the tuck - or remembering to tuck. I am finding though that I've started doing it without even thinking about it so it does come. I've read though that you shouldn't let not being able to do the tuck stop you from doing Turbo Jam - that it doesn't take away from the exercises (this was from a Beachbody post). I stopped concentrating on doing it so much and just went with it - I would get too frustrated at not being able to. And part of the problem was that I have a big stomach and it's one big round tummy (like a pregnant stomach) so if I was doing it, it was hard for me to even tell. Just tip your pelvis forward. Good luck!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #5  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Don't give up...eventually you will get better and better with the moves. I've been jammin' for 2 months and I finally, this week got the "lift your hip" move. I was trying to do it, but my body just would not cooperate until this week...for whatever reason, I just did it. So, you will improve...just be patient and keep pushing play.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #6  

i have been having the same problem. i just purchased the dvds last week and i am participating in the challenge that started yesterday. i have a horrible time with the squats and kicks. i am so uncoordinated......lol....good thing nobody is watching me when i exercise. man, that would be embarassing. but i believe honestly that with patience and endurance we can all learn those moves.
therefore, keep jamming everybody.
Mom2Seany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #7  
Domestic Goddess

Hang in there with that tuck! I'd done a lot of Lotte Berk before this, so I was already all too familiar with the sensation...it is odd, and if your stomach, like mine, precedes you, it can be hard to tell if you're doing it correctly...but as you continue, you're sure to pick it up. And it makes your back feel soooo good - an excellent stretch for the lower back, and I find I do it even when I'm not Jamming to relieve tension.

Keep going! You're going to love the results!
zennifer is offline   Reply With Quote