Old 05-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #1  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Question Tae Bo or Turbo Jam???

I am looking for some input on which workout is better?

I have knees and a back that are sensitive to possible injuries... (I must be reasonably kind to them - proper form, etc. - tried pilates - hurt my back... )

Have just given up gym membership (recently moved and now it is too far away) - I am looking for something that will make me sweat, build muscle, and help me to lose some extra pounds that I put on over the last school year.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

PS - I have had a hard time sticking to DVDs/Videos in the past - I need something FUN!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #2  

I have done both.

I tried Tae Bo twice. The 1st time I hurt my back. The 2nd time was no better.

I recently bought Turbo Jam off of E-Bay. So far I do enjoy it. It comes with 5 workouts on 2 DVD's. Some of the workouts I LOVE others I don't care for. I find the music more fun and I find this workout to be motivating. I always work up a good sweat too. Even when I am only doing the Learn and Burn and 10 mins standing ab routine.

I often buy lots off workout DVD's but I get bored of them after a week. They are either
a) Boring
b)not motivating no good music

I have previously used Lelsie Sansone, Karen Voight, Tae Bo, Pilates and weight videos.

Turbo Jam is my fave right now by far.
89fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #3  

I have been doing Taebo for seven years in February - although I hardly pick a Taebo tape out to except Fat Blaster every once in awhile. Now I could say I was burnt out on Taebo but I'm not . . . I am just looooooving Turbo Jam. It is so darn fun that you don't even feel like you are working out that it makes all other workouts seem really boring. I even tried one of my step workouts the one night and it was like "is this ever going to ENNND???"

Taebo is a lot faster moving - Billy goes through everything fast. After being injuried from it once and having to quit doing it for nine months, I learned not to keep up with the others in the videos so my kicks for awhile, weren't as many or as fast. Now I can keep up again but I don't push it because I know it will injury me if I do.

My vote is Turbo Jam but I guess I don't have to tell ya - you probably could already tell that!!!!

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote