Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/172/130

Default Yoga Booty Ballet

Hi all! I got the Cardio Cabaret with my Turbo Jam Advanced set and it looks pretty good. Does anyone do Yoga Booty Ballet here? What do you think of it? Has it helped any?

Thanks!
thirdangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #2  
No More Excuses

S/C/G: 220/203/160

Hi Thirdangel ~~ I have both Turbo Jam and YBB. I love, love TJ...just can't get enough of it. I've tried YBB Hip Hop Abs and Cardio Carbaret and like them both. The only bad thing I can say about YBB is that they should have left off the spiritual aspect of it (IMO, it's all about "self" worship...not my thing). Although I like the yoga aspect, I don't like the spiritual stuff that's included with it...just give me a good stretch. I know many will argue that yoga is about making a mind/body/spirit connection...and that's good if it's your belief. I do not stray from my beliefs...just don't want to be influenced in any type of way. So, I just try to block out that part when I'm doing the workouts. If I had to choose between the two, it would definitely be TJ...I think it works me harder and it's more fun. Whenever I'm not participating in a TJ challenge, I try to throw a YBB w/o in once a week just to mix things up.
bbobsgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #3  

I love love love YBB!

The "spirtual" stuff for me is nice, more like love your body love your life, they aren't trying to make you believe in something.

They are a lot easier than Turbo Jam but for me it is really great to have something for when I don't feel like working out. I can almost always convince myself to do a YBB because they are fun, a little dancing, a little yoga, and some kookieness. I don't even have to change clothes! I do think they are great workouts for your mind and body.

If you like Cardio Caberet you should like the other ones, my favorites are the other lives (especially) go-go and I love Pajama Time from the master series- all restorative yoga.

If you want to follow a program (and have more money than me!) you should get the whole set, otherwise find them used on ebay and amazon.
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

I cannot get past the name. I don't think I'll ever be able to give YBB a fair shot as I seriously think the name is ridiculous.

I do like Carmen Electra's Strip to Fit DVD...it's a nice workout for a day I want to take it easy. And when I want to push myself, Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body is an AWESOME & intense workout. Tamilee Webb is NOT annoying at all - very low key but motivating.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/130

I did the Cardio Cabaret last night and I realized how much I also need to work on my flexibility! I don't mind the yogi stuff as it's very similar to what I was exposed to in Tae Kwon Do. Strong and healthy minds help create stronger and healthier bodies! I don't think I'm going to do the whole system though.

Thanks for all your comments!
thirdangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
I cannot get past the name. I don't think I'll ever be able to give YBB a fair shot as I seriously think the name is ridiculous.

I do like Carmen Electra's Strip to Fit DVD...it's a nice workout for a day I want to take it easy. And when I want to push myself, Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body is an AWESOME & intense workout. Tamilee Webb is NOT annoying at all - very low key but motivating.

You think YBB is a ridiculous name but "Strip to Fit" isn't???? The workouts you named are WAY different then Yoga Booty. I love Turbo Jam but I do try and get a YBB Live workout in once a week. I never bothered getting the Goddess set as many said they weren't as good as the Lives. I would like to get the set that came after the LIVES sometime when I have some extra cash. YBB doesn't burn as many calories for me as Turbo Jam does which is one reason I don't do it as much but it is nice to do on those nights I want a lower key workout but one that still moves your body in a different way then say step aerobics.

I don't mind the spiritual stuff either because it does get me more in tuned with my body. I need to work on the breathing part. I don't breath correctly (deep enough) and they say that is one reason for weight gain. I can see how it doesn't get the oxygen deep inside like it should.

Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote