Old 04-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #1  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Talking Billy Blanks Boot Camp

Has anyone tried it? I just got it yesterday and did the first 15 mins of the the basic boot camp and thought WHEWW...I am so sore this morning. And be prepared to sweat your butt off with it. I think that it is going to show some great results! Just a suggestion if anyone is looking for a new exercise program to try out!
C.C.
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:12 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

Ultimate, or Elite? I have both, but I haven't done the Elite yet. I just reviewed Ultimate for 3FC. I really liked it! The original Taebo hurt my knees, but the Ultimate wasn't a problem. I am in no way in good enough shape to do the whole Ab video, though. I can do 15 minutes or so and that is it. Those jackknife exercises are torture!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:13 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

CC - I am copying this to the fitness video forum!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:05 AM   #4  
CrazyCrystalcc

S/C/G: 223/223/160

Height: 5'2

Default I have...

I have the Basic Training, Cardio, AB and Ultimate. I've only did the Basic and tried the AB.
CrazyCrystalCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 02:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

I have the Cardio one, about 30 minutes, its amazing! I love it. I feel that I really worked out after
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #6  
Becca

S/C/G: 157.5/143/120

I have the Bootcamps...LOVE THEM!!!! this will be in the rotation with TJ once I order it!!! I've tried them all Cardio,Ultimate,AB,Basic Bootcamp I do
the lower body bootcamp every now and then
beccafries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Have any of you tried the boot camp elite? I am thinking about ordering since I love tae bo but have read a couple of mixed reviews. What do you all think?
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:37 AM   #8  
Becca

S/C/G: 157.5/143/120

I never have looked into the Elite...I gonna stick with the reg Bootcamp for now...is it suppose to be harder than BC ?
beccafries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #9  

I have never tried any of the boot camps so don't know anything about them. I was just looking at the elite boot camp since that is the new one out there. I'm just hoping some of you have tried it and can tell me what you think before I spend the money.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:24 PM   #10  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

One of my bands broke. Does anyone know how you go about getting new ones.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:25 PM   #11  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Its worth the money. i dont know about the elite. I have the Ultimate, Basic Training, and Ab bootcamp. i love love love it.. I get the most satisfing sweat from it, (better than when I was running 5miles in 45 mins on the eliptical) and I am seeing results only 3 weeks into alternating between the videos. Legs are looking more toned, my stomach is starting to scoop in, getting some definition in my shoulders.. I say A+++. I will say.. its hard work though.. but ya cant give up. take a break shout obscenities and get right back into it.
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 12:26 PM   #12  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

teahoney - I need new bands too because i lost them.. they are on the billy website for 14.95
Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #13  

I posted this on another forum but here's my thoughts on Elite Bootcamp. To sum it up - I love the bands but don't like the workouts except the Lower Body one. I love the first Bootcamp series especially Ultimate BC and also love the Cardio Bootcamp (the 45 min one not the 30 min one)
I have been doing Bootcamp Elite Maximum Power Mission 2 (Mission 1 is WAYYY too easy) and I think it is easier than the original ones - even easier than the basic bootcamp. It is just different really. There isn't any cardio, or pushups or ab work - no squats either. I do love the bands tho - way more intense than the original ones. I am a intermediate to Adv exerciser and can do Ultimate BC 3x per week - I wont say with ease but I won't say it is too hard either. I prefer the orginal Bootcamp series to the Elite series except I like the Elite bands better. I will give my opinion on all of them.

Mission 1 (Basic one) - It is very easy - he goes very slow and uses the bands very little. Early beginners MIGHT benefit from this DVD - it reminds me of his Instructional workouts. It is nowhere near the intensity of the Basic Bootcamp workout. 30 mins

Mission 2 Maximum Power- I have seen results from this but I think it is because of the new bands. The reason I say this is because last week I did the Ultimate Bootcamp again after not doing it for a couple of months and it was MUCH harder than it used to be and I was very sore afterwards. I never got sore off that workout even after the first time I did it with the older bands.
Anyway, I have been doing Mission 2 in place of my Ultimate BC for the past 2 months. I have seen some improvement in my arms and I like the leg section where he doubles the bands on each leg. My legs are much more toned. Like I said I am not sure if it is the bands. I do not like Mission 2 as much as Ultimate BC so I am going back to Ultimate BC. I miss the ab work, floorwork and pushups from that. Plus it is kind of short in my opinion- I like to workout for 1 hour at least. 40 mins.

Rock hard Abs - I did this one once. It is half standing and the second half is floor. I kept having to pause it to figure out how to put my bands. And I had bruises on my arms the next day from the bands. I didn't think it gave too great of a workout. I do my ab work on my stability ball after my workouts now and am really happy with doing it that way. 30 mins.

Upper Body Workout- I did this once and he uses hand weights. I liked this so - so. I used 3 lbs weights on it but I could have gone up to 5-8lbs. I probably wont do this one again - no point since I do the workouts that use the bands. 30 mins.

Lower Body workout - I am doing this as my Saturday workout. I REALLY felt this one every time I did it for at least 2 days afterwards! He does standing work for half and floor work for the other half (I think). He does lunges, squats, cross lunges, one move that is really hard but I can't explain it here, some cardio and the floorwork. He does not use the bands. I really like this one. 30 mins.

Fat Blasting Cardio Elite- I did this once and I prefer either Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2 or Taebo Get Ripped Advanced above this. It does not use the bands and does not make me sweat as much as I like doing cardio. 45 mins (I think)

Edit - I forgot to mention that I don't really like the music that much - it seems to be louder than Billy.
Rozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:48 PM   #14  

Height: 5'9

I have the regular Bootcamp. I love it! I'm confused though....according to the workout schedule, you do the basic training one day, the abs another then the ultimate. But, it also mixes the cardio bootcamp in. I have a problem with that....My box set thing only came with the Ab Bootcamp, the Basic Training and the Ultimate Bootcamp. Where is the Cardio Bootcamp?????
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #15  

Rozy, I'm so glad you told me this. I have been doing tae bo for a while now and love the workouts that I already have but have been wanting to add to it. I'll have to search around for the other boot camp you mentioned.

I also like the longer cardio. I usually do and hour a day myself and don't see much use for the real short workouts. I'll check out the Taebo Get Ripped Advanced too.

Thanks!