Old 03-23-2006, 09:23 AM   #1  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Calories burned with fitness videos?

I am wondering if anyone knows how many calories some videos burn, such as WATP (for the different miles), Tae Bo, and so on? Is there a way to find out?
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

It really does depend on you, how much you weigh, how much muscle you have and how much energy you exert doing an exercise. I can imagine someone really working it in TaeBo burning 300 calories while someone else burning 150 calories.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #3  

That totally depends on the person doing it. Like any exercise, the more you weigh, the more calories you will burn. For example someone weighing 250 lbs will use up more calories than someone weighing 150 lbs. Why? because that person has to burn enough energy to move their 250 lb frame with each step, move, jump etc... This one reason that a lot of people who have a lot of weight to lose find it easier for the first 20 lbs than the last.

Other factors that can influence it are how much muscle the person has, age etc...

One great way to tell is use a heart rate monitor. I just bought a new Polar F4 (about $80.00 at Target) You input your age, weight, etc.. and it monitors calories burned based on your heart rate. It helps you keep yourself in the right heart rate zone for weight loss, improved fitness etc... The polar website has a ton of great information about training as well. Check out www.polarfitnesstrainer.com for some good information

There are some online calculators that can give you a ballpark about how many calories a certian activity uses by entering your weight and time, but it isn't going to be as accurate as using continous heart rate monitoring, because your HR is the only way to measure the intensity.
LucyGoosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 236/230/140

If you go to Kraftfoods.com under health and then under tools, they have a caculator for different exericises based on your weight. That's what I did yesterday.
buckneram is offline   Reply With Quote