Old 04-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Default After Turbo Jam?

Hi all -

I’ve been lurking around for couple of months now and finally decided on calorie counting and exercising instead of crash dieting (which hasn’t done anything for me but help me gain 50 pounds in 2 years but that’s a whole ‘nother story).

About a month ago I started using Turbo Jam and I have to tell you that I luhhhve Chalene LOL She is so energetic and positive, and not in an annoying way. It’s the first time in my life that I actually look forward to working out. I’ve been doing it every week and following the beginner schedule. I love how before I even know it, the workout is over and I burned 600 calories in an hour even though I do the low impact modifications (I broke my leg when I was 14 and had to have a surgery, my leg didn’t bother me at all until the last 3 years, I am now 23, and all this weight hasn’t helped at all, it’s so depressing to be in pain when you’re just walking, I don’t do anything but go to work )… I started the advanced schedule this week so I’m still using Turbo Jam and I definitely will keep doing the 20 minute workout and the cardio party for life

Now, I’ve been reading a lot about how we should weight train so I was looking at Chalean Extreme for my next purchase but since I still have so much weight to lose should I hold off on that? Should I go for TurboFire instead? The thing is, I can’t be jumping all over the place because # 1 my leg and # 2 I live in an apartment…. Do you guys have any suggestions? I really like Chalene so that is why looking at her workouts, but most of the BeachBody programs seem really good, I was looking at Power 90 as well. I just bought Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred since she has a lot of followers in this board, and I could add that on to my TJ workouts this month if it’s not too hard LOL.

I’m so sorry this message is so long, I didn’t even realize it until now!!! Anyways, please give me any suggestions and ideas, I will really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to being more active in this board as most of you ladies are my inspirations Thank you kindly!

-Gaby
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #2  
Oujisama no Sakura

S/C/G: 270/264/162

Height: 5'9"

I like Turbojam, and its pretty easy to keep up with...except those step punches...Next Im trying Turbofire....looks hard....lotta jumping sounds bad for an apartment....
kanohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I love TurboFire. =)

It has low impact modifications if you don't want to jump.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #4  

Turbo Fire is GREAT. I live in an apartment and I do it anyway. Its a great workout and has some strength training mixed in, specifically with resistance bands. BUT, the bands didn't come with the basic package I got, even though there are a few workouts that use it. They are bought separately or with the deluxe set (I think). Kinda annoying.

I also LOVE ChaLean Extreme. I've been doing it for almost 2 years, mixed in with other workouts. It made a HUGE difference in my body. I invested in the Bowflex Select Tech weights and it was SO worth it. If you go the CLX route definitely plan on investing in some weights, even if its just a few sets of dumb bells instead of the Bowflex weights. Remember, the point is to lift heavy.

Turbo Jam also comes with Turbo Sculpt, which I LOVE. I think it's a great workout and you can do it with lighter weights, like 3 or 5 pounds. If you haven't done much weight training in the past this would be an excellent starting point.

As far as waiting to lose more weight before you start with weights, don't do it!! Lifting weights will actually help you lose fat faster. Plus it's always good to give your body a break from higher impact cardio.

Whatever workout you choose, you'll have success if you stick with it. I personally love all of the Beachbody workouts (especially anything by Chalene!). Good luck!
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/194/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for replying to my post, everyone...

Kanohane, I love TJ, it's so much fun. I find myself singing too and getting hyped with the "party train" right when start kicking LOL. let me know how it goes with TF!

TheBunneh, thanks for letting me know about the modifications, I'm really glad to know about them. I always follow Mindy when I do TJ.

I'm really leaning towards Chalean Extreme right now, and getting TurboFire after finishing the first round of CE! MUSCLE BURNS FAT! lol. I have pairs of 2lb and 5lbs dumbbells. Is that enough weight or would I have to invest in some heavier ones?

Tiffany, I checked your blog and I really liked it, and then I noticed your last post was almost a year ago how's everything going? moved to NJ? I'm from Manhattan, work in midtown too, boring job, looking for a new one. My dream is to move to Jersey LOL
fatsincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote