Old 04-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152

Height: 5'4

Question Fitness Programs

Hello Everyone!!! I'm new to the site and was wondering if I could get a little help picking out the right fitness program!. I was surfing the web and came across Shapely Secrets and man do they sell it to you! The site makes you believe its just that easy. Although I was wondering what has worked for everyone else such as Slim in 6, Turbo Jam, Gilads Program, Windsor Pilates, ect.. I was just wanting to see which program gave you gals the best results before I go off and spend some money! Thanks for the help
briannawants2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 139/137/120

Height: 5'4"

The problem is, at least in my experience, that fitness programs work differently for everyone and that everyone has personal likes and dislikes.

I like running and Turbo Jam for Cardio, Amy Bento for strength training, and adding some yoga and pilates to my workouts. But that's just me.
poppins3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 11:16 PM   #3  

Thank you so much and I agree-diff. 4 everyone- So I'm going to try one of the programs out there and get back with everyone to let ya know how its workin 4 me..
Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I would honestly recommend going to eBay to look for some of the "system" dvd sets-the kinds that they sell you on the informercials. If you want them to work, you have to WORK...and there are lots of people who do theirs once or twice, and after realizing it IS a workout...then they sell them.

If you really want an infomercial set...compare the price of buying it new through them directly, and then you know what would be a good deal on eBay.

I personally don't use any of the infomercial "sets". Most of them are simply cardio, strength training, or Pilates workouts-nothing special about them compared to workout dvds that you would buy on Amazon/Collage Video, or even Wal-Mart or Target.

Winsor Pilates, and some of the others even sell single dvds now at Target and Best Buy and other stores.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM   #5  

Thanks 4 the help. As of now I am really motivated and just thought that one of the sets could get me off to the right start as I would be trying to follow a 'program'. So I'm gonna start surfing Ebay right now!!! THANKS
Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/244/143

Height: 5'6''

If you are new to Pilates, avoid Winsor Pilates. I know it has some good testimonials but there are much better videos out there that show the proper technique and are safer to do without the guidance of a certified pilates instructor. I like Ana Cabàn, who does the Gaiam Pilates videos. I have Pilates for Weigh Loss and the Maintenance one and I think she's really great. Winsor has this flashy promotion but IMO they are more about quantity (how much you can do, how many moves you can cram in that many minutes... and look at the amount of videos they are coming out with!!!) and less about quality.

As far as recommendations, it all depends from what you like. I don't like traditional aerobic videos for instance, but I usually enjoy dance videos (but no latin exercise dvd!!) and most kickboxing workouts. On the other hand, I also really like both yoga and pilates (but I'm against "fusion" ). There are a lot of choices out there - one idea could be to go to Amazon and read the review, or go to CollageVideos and check out the dvd previews so you get a better idea of what it's about.

Good luck!
FitMomEB is offline   Reply With Quote