Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #31  

Dee. I love your posts susanb...your so motivating, out there walking in freezing temps..God bless ya!
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Dee, yes that's better. Now if I forget ... you remember how old I'm getting would ya?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:14 PM   #33  

Height: 5'7"

The e-book that I downloaded was like 250 pages, so I'm pretty sure it's the exact same thing. They scanned it in, made a .pdf, and then sold it like that. Pretty nifty invention, those e-books.

Susan, I know ... I know, I know, I KNOW! I KNOW better! That's what makes me so furious at myself. And of course the scale was up another .4 this morning, so now I sit here (well, early this morning -- nekkid and empty) at 146.4. I am just miserable about it, especially seeing that I was around 139 about a month ago. And THIS, my dear friends, is how a regain happens. You get a little too loosy-goosy with the plan, a slip here and a slip there, and before you know it, you've gained back everything you worked so hard to lose! Well, it has never, EVER happened to me and it never will, and I WILL get a handle on it before it goes any farther. Period.

Thanks for the !! I am sufficiently put back in line now.

And my poor DD is so upset and worried ... tonight is the night she drops the hammer. I told her to call or come home if it gets too traumatic.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #34  

Morning!
Hey Kat, how did your wee gal make out?
Thanks Dee. I am indeed very blessed!

Today is day 10 of BFL for me. Upper body for lifting. I'm not sure what the BFL powers-that-be would think about my walking every day. But I just love it. It makes me feel proactive or something. A BFL/BFFM mix a la Susan.

It's actually a couple of degrees above normal here lately. I'm taking advantage of that before the snows set in. 8C today and the sun is shining.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:56 AM   #35  

SusanB: What are all the initials in your post for? DFF or Bfb ( i forget since i am off the page now) i have frequent senior moments too

KatP I also am at 146.6 exact as you, lets support each other and try to get it together. Are you exersizing yet? Thats what i need to do. Are you on FitDay?

I just have to lose weight now that im not drinking my wine evernight!!!
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #36  

BFL is Body for Life. I've liked their food lists for a long time and am incorporating the Body for Life for Women exercise stuff.

BFFM is Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto. He has diet and exercise tips and tweakings too.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

I'm not exercising but should. Hopefully by the first of the year I'll be able to. I had a broken ankle earlier this year, complete with nerve and tendon damage, a dislocation, and a big screw in my foot holding the whole thing together. There is no feeling on the bottom of my foot, and my ankle still doesn't bend and hurts if I try to. About all I can manage is arm weights and a few other things that don't really seem to do much. No bike, no elliptical, no walking, etc.

My dd said it didn't go well at all, and she was pretty upset. She came over in the middle of the night and slept at our house. I guess she just needed to get out of there so she could get some rest. I think she'll be okay though. She knew it had to be done and dreading it was making her sick.
Katpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #38  
Think thin

Height: 5'2"

Oh Katpo, I can empathize. Twenty years ago I got a severely broken ankle and a busted PCL in my knee. I used to have screws and wires in the ankle, but they came out in a later surgery. I know how frustrating it is when you can't walk! I don't have good flexibility in those joints, now, so it's been a lot of trial and error to find activities I can do and like to do. I hope you keep up your spirits. Your foot will get better!
Jazzbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

I did not make it to the gym yesterday and I will not be going today. Instead, when I get out of school, I will go for a 45-60 min. walk/jog around my neighborhood. I'm trying to exercise atleast 4x a week. I'm FINALLY seeing changes! I'm very happy. very MINOR changes but hey they're changes! even my boyfriend noticed. Ive been trying to eat as healthy as possible even though breakfast this morning was a biscuit with egg, cheese, and canadian bacon on it and potatoe wedges & OJ but I had a granny smith green apple and a granola bar for lunch and Ive been drinking my water. Im going to weigh myself tommorow morning.. I also want to start doing squats and donkey kicks for my glutes. <- this guy is funny. lol.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 AM   #40  

I really like squats. They make me feel strong! I think I look like a real weightlifter

I was contemplating walking in the drizzle this morning and was thinkin' ... I love autumn! I can still walk in a t-shirt and windbreaker. What a lovely time of year!
Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 177/134/132

Height: 5'5

Hi guys!

I have had computer problems this last week. I couldn't access this site, and then when I finally did and typed a message, the stupid thing lost everything. Bummer. Anyway, I've been totally good these last few weeks. My goal is to eat right and exercise until Thanksgiving. I have even been following my old weight watcher plan to make sure I stay strong until that day.

Have a great week.
Dena
Den@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 219/167/159

Height: 5' 9"

Yay! I finally lost a pound! 3 weeks of dieting has paid off! LOL! I expect to see more by next week, I have been retaining water this week.
LeslieFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #43  
Ilene the Bean

Yay Leslie on the weight loss...

Today I made it to the gym for 50 mins of cardio then went shopping with SIL, her sister and a GF at the Costco in Ottawa, it was a good day...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:07 PM   #44  

Hey everybody! I'm kinda moping around the house this sloppy wet day. A bit of a headache and bored ... ya know? ... so I'm sitting at the computer posting posts that have no redeeming qualities.
I'm trying to hook up a money management programme to syncronize with the bank and I'm not having much luck. I also don't have the oomph to get mad at it -or- try anything fancy. It'll all still be sitting in limbo the next time I look.
I think when my dryer's done I may have a wee nap.
I could do more legs.
I could clean the kitchen.

Oh I have already done cardio and legs and my eating is right on plan. It's just that yawning chasm between now and supper ....
Old 11-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #45  

I took an ibuprofen and went to a quiet room and did yoga type core exercises. It was great and by the time I had to make supper, I felt much better.

Today is cardio day for me ... and I'm looking forward to it..