Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/138/135

Height: 5'6"

Default gained a pound - what the heck?!

i have been on this diet for two weeks and can't seem to lose very much. i'm watching my calories and working out. i am frustrated b/c i keep going up and down! argh, i am soooo frustrated!!! why did i let myself gain this weight?!!! help!
gabrielbeth
gabrielbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 146/138/135

Height: 5'6"

okay, i know i am nit picking way too much! so....
nevermind
i guess i am expecting instant weight loss and i just need to give it time.
gabrielbeth
gabrielbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #3  
luvbug78

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5 ft and 3 inches

What diet are you doing?
luvbug78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #4  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I definitely think you need to give it a little more time. When I started limiting my calorie consumption, I think it took about 4 weeks for me to see any real progress on the scale. But now I'm down 25 pounds. You'll get there, too.

Also, a gain of a pound could easily be water. My weight easily fluctuates by three pounds throughout the day (I know this because I weigh myself far more than I want to admit). My morning weight is almost always 2-3 pounds lighter than the night before, my weight after I eat is higher, my weight after I work out is lower, and on and on.

There are all sorts of reasons why you might be retaining enough water for it to show up on the scale: that TOM, just before that TOM, you got a little dehydrated because the weather is getting hotter or because you exercised or because you drank alcohol, you ate something with high salt content, etc. etc. I recently allowed myself to get overly dehydrated playing tennis and my weight was definitely up by a couple of pounds for a few days while my body re-hydrated itself. (And don't think I took it calmly either--I was very freaked out about it. There was definitely a lot of swearing and moping.)

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote