Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #1  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Smile Walking Into the One Zeros

Welcome to "Walking Into the One Zeros"! I'm trying to get there myself, and need some more motivation, as the pounds seem more resistant here. So I hope this thread can help anyone who's going for this goal.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Default Keep

Today's weight: 114.1
Goal for tomorrow morning: 111.5, in order to continue with a half-pound loss each week.
The method: For the first time during this particular diet - maybe three years in duration? - doing a kind-of real fast, i. e., no food for the day. Did have a large cup of coffee with one tablespoon heavy cream.

Have a lot of housework and stuff to do today, so hopefully that will assist in the loss. No time to do formal exercise (angel on the shoulder says "But you have time to post on the internet for a couple of hours, eh?" Cheeky! ).

Edit: Possible contributing factors to not having usual progress: no formal exercise this week, and adding 200 "free" calories when I take vitamins (to help digest them and to make sure they get taken).

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-26-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 128.4/115.8/105

Height: 5 2"

I cannot wait to be rolling into the one zero's! Hopefully by the end of March I will be joining you!
Happy to be moving downward and at 117.6 today!
wedeburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

Power to you HungerWerks! I'm not there yet (and actually don't know if I'll ever be), but I hope you find people with similar goals to share this journey with you.

I can't imagine ever being in the one zeros, but I know that people's bodies are built very differently. As long as you are doing it in a way that makes you feel healthy and good.

It's been challenging as a petite woman figuring out what my goal should be - a lot of my IRL friends have told me my goal weight of 115 is "unrealistic" or are worried I'll develop an eating disorder getting there, but really I think that 115 will wear very differently on someone's who's 5'3 as I am compared to someone who's 5'8 or 5'9. More reasons I'm grateful for the support here on this forum!
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:43 AM   #5  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Thanks, everyone! Your encouragement really means a lot to me.

Jen: I am so hungry, and really looking forward to our pizza party tonight! We're making low carb and ordering the new Pizza Hut flavored-crust pizza, so we can make that all-important comparison!

Wedeburn, you have a new low - congratulations! You are workin' it, girl.

Omnomgirl, the weight you've chosen is right in the middle of a healthy BMI. I think, for the average person, BMI may be a good reference measurement to find a safe weight goal. And anything above an 18.5 is supposed to be fine.

You're never going to believe this, but I still have POINT ONE pounds to lose to get to my one-half pound loss goal for the week (111.5). I've already jogged/walked for a couple of hours, taking it from 112.3 to 111.6. I'm hoping just sitting around for an hour will do the trick.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-27-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:11 AM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I pray joy and peace for you. #heretosupport
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:30 AM   #7  

this question is for you, HungerWerks, or anyone else who has had this experience----did you find it harder to go from 120 to 111? or was it equally as hard to lose during your entire process? thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #8  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl81 View Post
I pray joy and peace for you. #heretosupport
That's wonderful - God bless you!
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #9  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedeburn View Post
this question is for you, HungerWerks, or anyone else who has had this experience----did you find it harder to go from 120 to 111? or was it equally as hard to lose during your entire process? thanks!
It's been about the same. I have a set program - 8400 calories plus in total per week. Two days of 3000+ calories each per week. About 600 calories per day, starting on Sunday, until I hit a half-pound loss for the week. Then alternating Up Days and Down Days until Sunday, which is always a Down Day. I rarely rarely rarely get more than two Up Days in a week.

Some individual weeks it's harder, because, like this week, I didn't work out at all. But some weeks I don't work out, and get that half-pound loss fairly easily. Some weeks there are holidays or special visits, and that can make it harder to lose. But it always happens.

In general, though, it's about the same every week - lots and lots of hunger, but great joy in the food I do eat. And I haven't been sick in so long I don't remember when it might have been, plus I have a lot of energy, since I eat very healthily, for the most part.

That's probably way TMI, but I wanted to be thorough. Hope it helps! Thanks for keeping us apprised of your journey.

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-02-2015 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Thanks for sharing what works for you, Hunger. You have mentioned that really slow loss, close to goal is better for the skin. Just curious as to whether you have read on, heard about, or have personal experience with this? I ask, because my skin suffered irreparable damage after the severe weight gain with my 2nd pg. I'm towards the end of the journey, and wanted to get your take on it.
Oh, and God bless you!

Last edited by kifli; 03-02-2015 at 01:30 AM.
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:04 AM   #11  

I am really interested in that question as well......slow loss allowing your skin to recover and not sag.....that would be wonderful! I have come to the conclusion that even if I reach my goal of 105 and my skin is sagging a bit, it is WAY better than being overweight. At least you can look good in clothes!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:51 AM   #12  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kifli View Post
Thanks for sharing what works for you, Hunger. You have mentioned that really slow loss, close to goal is better for the skin. Just curious as to whether you have read on, heard about, or have personal experience with this? I ask, because my skin suffered irreparable damage after the severe weight gain with my 2nd pg. I'm towards the end of the journey, and wanted to get your take on it.
Oh, and God bless you!
I was meaning how well your skin hugs your body. My high weight was 230 or so, and I still have stretch marks. Maybe they'll never go away, and that's o. k., because it falls under the category of something I can't do anything about. There's probably a magical cream somewhere that might help, but I'd be too much of a cheapskate to buy it.

What I was addressing is best illustrated with some history: I was ill a few years back, and lost probably forty pounds or more very quickly, and I had a lot of loose skin.

I'm having about the same amount of weight loss now, over the last three years or so - the same forty pounds! - but my skin is more conforming to my body. There's still loose skin - that's just going to happen as we get older - but it's a lesser amount, and I think that's due to the difference in the speed of the weight loss.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 03-02-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Thank you, Hunger! Yes, slow loss for less hang My loose skin is from stretch marks due to a large pg belly. We'll see what happens once I reach goal.
Also, thank you for your vitamin input. Something I have neglected to do, but need to eventually implement...sooner rather than later, hopefully.

Last edited by kifli; 03-02-2015 at 10:27 PM.
kifli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 02:10 PM   #14  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

Praise be to God, I made it (109.7 this morning)! The most remarkable thing is how much harder it was to get this last pound lost than all the ones before it! Massive amounts of thanks to everyone for their support. It has made all the difference!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:45 AM   #15  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

One thing that's happening in the 108s is a HUGE smile! It's just such a freakout being here.