Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:30 PM   #1  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Thumbs up Feathers' Favorite Fitness Tips!

I thought it would be a good idea to post our favorite fitness tips! It's not easy getting to and staying at this weight, so what is your secret? What has brought you this far, weight-wise, and/or what is helping you stay here?

Also, please feel free to post any tips that you see, but haven't tried out yet, that you think will assist others in reaching/maintaining their goals. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by HungerWerks; 02-20-2015 at 12:48 PM.
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:34 PM   #2  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Talking

I found this one today while walking on the treadmill at the gym. It's from "Fitness" magazine, September 2014 issue:

"Q: What is the max number of days a week that I can do cardio?"
"A: Seven. Just vary the intensity; do no more than three intense sessions a week."
Old 02-20-2015, 12:47 PM   #3  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

This is from 3FC poster SoMuchFattitude, who has lost over 100 pounds. I found this on her blog, http://somuchfattitude.com/2015/02/2...ngle-damn-day/. It really is some heart-felt, inspiring advice:

"Anyhow, I’ve really spent the last couple of weeks working on me. Working on my confidence. Working on making myself number one and focusing on my happiness. This is no easy feat.We all struggle with it.

"We say things to ourselves that we’d NEVER let anyone say. Why is this? Why is it okay for me to say, “Dammit, Danielle. You are so stupid. You never should have done that. What the **** is wrong with you?” or “OMG – Look at your thighs. Seriously. That **** is disgusting. Cover it up, Shamu.”? Because honestly, if ANYONE else said that to me I’d flip out. I’d lose my **** like nobodies business. So, I’ve been working on only saying things to me that I’d be okay with anyone saying.

"With that being said, I am straight up feeling myself again. These curves? Yes, please. Doing my makeup everyday? Yes, please. Putting outfits together? Yes, please." snip

Bravo!
Old 02-21-2015, 11:50 AM   #4  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

I don't know IF you've heard of Dr. Mercola, but I really like his approach to health. Here are some benefits of intermittent fasting I just found on his website:

Limit inflammation

Improve circulating glucose and lipid levels

Reduce blood pressure
Improve metabolic efficiency and body composition

Cause significant reductions in body weight in obese individuals

Help prevent type 2 diabetes, as well as slow its progression

Reverse type 2 diabetes

Improve pancreatic function

Improve insulin levels and insulin sensitivity

Reproduce some of the cardiovascular benefits associated with physical exercise

Protect against cardiovascular disease

Modulate levels of dangerous visceral fat

Reduce LDL and total cholesterol levels

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fit...ting-diet.aspx

Amazing!
Old 02-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 65 inches

Default Love It!

My favorite tip would be to find what you love and work it! The way I lost weight the first time was adjusting my diet (I did South Beach and I'll be going back to South Beach starting tomorrow) and doing Zumba! I love Zumba because of the energy and the sweat, plus it felt like dancing not working out.

Now, I found that I also love, love, love to run. I completely understand the runner's high and committing to running three times a week (with a treadmill) isn't a challenge because I don't have to go anywhere. I live in New England with about 6 ft. of snow, not going out is a big draw.

It's said that if a man does what he loves, he won't work a day in his life. Same can go for fitness. If you love, you'll stick to it.
crunchymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #6  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymama View Post
My favorite tip would be to find what you love and work it! The way I lost weight the first time was adjusting my diet (I did South Beach and I'll be going back to South Beach starting tomorrow) and doing Zumba! I love Zumba because of the energy and the sweat, plus it felt like dancing not working out.

Now, I found that I also love, love, love to run. I completely understand the runner's high and committing to running three times a week (with a treadmill) isn't a challenge because I don't have to go anywhere. I live in New England with about 6 ft. of snow, not going out is a big draw.

It's said that if a man does what he loves, he won't work a day in his life. Same can go for fitness. If you love, you'll stick to it.
Great points! Love your take on that saying.

I've read that South Beach can help battle cravings - nice!

I see that there's Zumba for the Wii - that may be the way to go for me, because, like you, I like working out at home.

Thanks for the tips, CrunchyMama!
Old 02-23-2015, 12:43 PM   #7  
Mandy

S/C/G: 153/153/120

Height: 5'5'' or 165cm

Oh, my goodness, I have so many! Haha most of them are just small motivational quotes, though. It's probably 'cause, when it comes down to it, keeping up the habits I already have isn't too difficult on its own since I'm taking it nice and slow, bumping up my weights very slowly, keeping only healthy food at home so I can't really binge here anyway...I'm perfectly capable of keeping it up since I don't need to know anything more than I've already researched to make progress, it's just training my mind that's properly difficult.

Here's some I reblogged on my tumblr (: (lessfatmoremuscles if anyone wants to chat or follow)

"Success is the sum of small efforts, day in and day out."
"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
"Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off excellent."
wendybirdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #8  
Hungry for Health! (-:

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendybirdx View Post
Oh, my goodness, I have so many! Haha most of them are just small motivational quotes, though. It's probably 'cause, when it comes down to it, keeping up the habits I already have isn't too difficult on its own since I'm taking it nice and slow, bumping up my weights very slowly, keeping only healthy food at home so I can't really binge here anyway...I'm perfectly capable of keeping it up since I don't need to know anything more than I've already researched to make progress, it's just training my mind that's properly difficult.

Here's some I reblogged on my tumblr (: (lessfatmoremuscles if anyone wants to chat or follow)

"Success is the sum of small efforts, day in and day out."
"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."
"Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off excellent."
Love them all, Wendy! I'm definitely one for taking it slow. I find if I take my time, a better quality results ensues. And calmness seems to generate more calmness.

The "small efforts" just can't be stressed enough. It all adds up and "every little bit helps"!