Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:23 AM   #1  

Smile Newbie!

Hi folks

I'm a newbie here, looking for a bit of support and suggestions. I started out a several years ago now at 115kg, and after a lot of dedication and a lifestyle shift I'm now at 71kg. A few months ago I had a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin from my weightloss, and just recently had scar revision surgery to get rid of a small amount of excess skin that was left over from the first time.
Swelling has been CRAZY this time, so I'm pretty sure that I'm actually around 69kg but I won't know until the swelling calms down again.

At any rate, my goal weight is 65kg (143lbs). At 170cm that will put me pretty much smack bang in the middle of the healthy range on the BMI scale.

I'm here because the diet program that I used to lose the 40ish kgs that I lost initially seems to have folded. I was going to go back to it, because the personal support that the forum provided gave me the motivation and support that I needed when I found my own motivation to be a bit lacking. Sadly, that group of people seem to have moved on and I'm hoping to find just as nice a group here to help me on my way

I work in a strange mixture of physical and sedentary type roles, some days I will get a solid 40 minute boot camp style training session in and some days I'm glued to a desk from go to whoa. With a young family it's very difficult to get a dedicated work out in and as a result a good portion of my weight is tied to my diet more than my exercise. Although I guess most people are the same anyway heh.

I'd love any suggestions that anyone can offer on diet plans etc. I've done a lot of different things although if I'm honest the most effective one has simply been calories in vs. calories out. MOSTLY I need support, competition, and commiseration to keep me going so I'm hoping that there are a few people here who're ready to jump in with a foot to bum if I'm not behaving myself .
KittyExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:02 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

S/C/G: 176/176/145

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC, KittyExpress. Congratulations on your weight loss, that's quite an achievement!

You might benefit from chatting with some of the other maintainers here. I've only been at this for a few months myself and don't have a lot of the experiences that you and other folks losing a significant amount of weight have so I'll just keep my yap shut and let others who have been in your shoes offer their wisdom.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and wish you luck. This place is great for inspiration, support, and accountability so I'm sure you'll do well. I hope you're all healed up from your procedure soon too! Take care.
LovesToTravel is offline   Reply With Quote