Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default What's your routine?

Hey guys,
I've been officially "off diet" for a good while now.. maybe 4-5 months and stable at 142-143 lbs. I want to get to 130, that was always my initial goal but I feel like I'm literally stuck. I'm eating 1500 cals a day and working out 3x a week but I don't think that's enough since nothings happened at all.

In terms of calories, I can't see myself going lower because I struggle to keep it at 1500.. I am constantly hungry, not bored-hungry, but my stomach is always growling. I remember when I lost all the weight Id drink alot of coffee to help keep myself full but I quit caffeine for health reasons and now it's alot harder.

So, those who are 5'6-5'7 ish and around 140lbs, how much do you eat, how much do you exercise/what type?
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I am closer to 150, but I eat about 1800 cals and exercise irregularly, average running 2x/week. I am rarely hungry - I aim for a 40/30/30 (carb/fat/protein) ratio including 35g fiber. Have you tried increasing your protein to see if that helps with hunger? Decaf coffee/tea?

I would like to get to low 140s to see how I feel and how hard it is to maintain, but I still struggle with my current maintenance at times and will revisit that thought in the new year!
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #3  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

If I include when I screw up and binge- I average about 2100 calories/day. I cycle calories so each day is usually between 1300-2000 calories, (with a binge going to about 4,000 calories every 10 days or so- not planned :,( )

I exercise 6x/week. usually it's weightlifting (p90x right now) on Monday Wednesday Friday- and then running Tuesday Thursday and a long run on Saturday. But I also teach dance classes 4-7 hours each weekday where I'm at least on my feet the whole time if not conditioning with my students or demonstrating dance steps.
My weight has stayed pretty stable for the last 6 months or so of this!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'6''... and a half

I really don't even know how many calories I eat anymore... Sometimes it's 1000 (busy days or days I'm not feeling well, I have IBS), sometimes it's 1800 (when I bake cookies... This seems to happen at least once a week, and for other reasons, i.e. being hungry), and then twice a month I have "binge" days, which is about 3000 calories. So, I average about 1,300 calories a day, I guess.

I practice hot yoga every second day (with a double class at least once a week) and I'm half way through week 2 of Insanity, so I do get quite a bit of exercise in.

I was in the 140's for at least 2 months and what got me out was, well, I got sick (for two weeks or so, so I was pretty sick) so I was definitely eating less, but I also upped all my liquids (I drank A LOT of tea! - unsweetened) and had mostly small meals or snacks (because I couldn't keep a lot of food at once down). I also slept more, which only allowed about 5-8 hours of "eating" time in my day, so I kinda fell into an IF type diet some days.

So, I don't think you need to eat any less, maybe just change what you eat (more protein, less carbs, maybe?) how much of it (small meals or snacks), and when (within an 8 hour period, or something), at least just to re-kick start weight loss.

Last edited by EricAnn; 11-18-2012 at 02:13 PM.
EricAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187.4/176.8/155

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana77 View Post
I am closer to 150, but I eat about 1800 cals and exercise irregularly, average running 2x/week. I am rarely hungry - I aim for a 40/30/30 (carb/fat/protein) ratio including 35g fiber. Have you tried increasing your protein to see if that helps with hunger? Decaf coffee/tea?

I would like to get to low 140s to see how I feel and how hard it is to maintain, but I still struggle with my current maintenance at times and will revisit that thought in the new year!
Macros really effect how full I feel. Clean fat and protein can help satisfy, make sure you're getting enough.
Becky Quilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 PM   #6  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I think I have a pretty similar goal... I'm 5'9" and have been maintaining at around 148lbs. for awhile now... I set my ultimate goal at 127lbs. because that's what I weighed when I finished college and was in pretty good shape... So I thought why not? I mean dare to dream, right? Anyway... I've been eating around 1500 calories a day (although somedays I go over by about 200 calories)
I've tried going down to 1200 with not much success... And as far as exercise goes... I run 5 or 6 times a week (about 40 miles a week) along with some swimming, biking, Pilates, yoga, and some weights... I my main goal there is to start training to run another marathon next spring...

The things that I've been considering to get to goal are trying to stick to a pretty strict PSMF to jumpstart me and IF'ing... The PSMF for fat loss and the IF'ing to help manage hunger... I'm realistic and know that this is probably going to be really tough (who knows, maybe impossible?) but I'm willing to give it a try... My hope is that if it works, my body will except it as its new set point and maintaining it won't be next to impossible... I want to altleast try to get there to find out...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I stay around 1500 cals, but keep my carbs low, and protein/healthy fats high. This puts your body in a state where it burns fat instead of glucose, which increases the speed that you lose weight and helps your body appear more toned, since it helps reveal your muscle.

I kickbox for an hour 3 times a week, and run for 20-40 minutes twice a week, and I have been losing pretty consistently and slimming down quite a bit on this plan.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote