Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #1  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Default Those last few pounds feel IMPOSSIBLE!!! (venting/support thread)

Hey all.

I kind of wanted to make a venting/support thread for those who are soooo close to goal but just can't seem to get there. I know I can't be the only one!

My story: I've been bouncing between 130-133 pounds for the last YEAR, and it is driving me nuts! I just feel like... I'm totally fed up with trying so hard and not being able to break through that 130 barrier... and I guess... I've been struggling for so long to get to goal, and I'm exhausted and cranky about it, and I just want to remind myself that just because I haven't gotten there YET doesn't mean that I'm a failure, and that I'm not the only one struggling with this!

So, if you want to VENT... or if you have advice about how to keep your sanity when it feels like the changes are happening painfully slowly... go right ahead! Let's let those last few pounds know who's boss!!!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 109.8/107.6/105

Height: 5'2"

I totally understand how you feel. You need to realise and appreciate how far you've come! Be proud of your accomplishments so far and realise that these last 'vanity' pounds are a total different ball game. Something different will need to be done -> increased or different forms of exercise? Or lower carb higher protein? etc.. just ideas
flexichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #3  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Even thought I am good 30 ponds away from "venting"; I hear ya!!!! From 172 lbs to 160 in my case, it was easy!!! Just cut back on a few sinful things. --- I have been there with you; trying to go from 130 pounds to 120... I felt like I had to chew my arm off! -- I am "struggling" a bit at 160 pounds, but it is my own doing....I can easily bring myself down to 135 pounds, if I put my mind in to it.

Don't let anyone make you feel like that your battle is inferior. It is a lot easier to go from 250 to 200 than from 130 to 120!!
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #4  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I agree with flexchick; maybe you could try to switch up a few things around? At some point, after I lost the first 30 pounds on WW, I kinda stalled and wanted to give up, but than I tried something new and started CC and it got me the feeling of ''something new'' to put more energy in it.

You could also try a new workout routine or something like that!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 145/125/123

Height: 5'4"

Hey, I was thinking of my own vent/rant post and I saw your thread. I'm stuck at 57kg, about 124 lbs, I think. I've been here for about 4 weeks and it's driving me crazy!! About 2weeks ago I started 30day shred and because of that I've lost inches (for which I'm thankful) but I just want the scale to move. Only a little, only 2 kg.

For 3 days I was 56.5 woohoo. But today it was back 57. It haunts me. It visits my dreams. Follows me down the street. Or not.

I know it's really good to lose inches and I guess I'd rather be smaller than lighter. I tell myself.

Anyway you're not alone.
Just Dance Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #6  

I find that the few times I have been able to really buckle down and lose those last few pounds, I gain it right back anyway.

I wish you better luck!
Way2goU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #7  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Don't let anyone make you feel like that your battle is inferior. It is a lot easier to go from 250 to 200 than from 130 to 120!!
Thank you thank you thank you Sum38! I have always felt like such a loser for not being able to take off those 10 pounds... I totally am used to thinking "other people can drop 50 or 100 pounds, I am really bad at this..." But that makes me feel a lot better!

Just Dance Girl and Way2goU, best of luck! I'm sorry that you both have been struggling so hard. But... you can do it! Keep trying!

Thank you flexichick and Turbo Mammoth for the ideas! I may need to exercise more & eat more protein... I generally find that that helps.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #8  

Just wanted to update you since I vented here--I lost a kilo!! (Our scale only does kilos and is mechanical). I was 56.5 for a couple of days and then back to 57 yesterday, and today .... 56!!

Of course who knows what it'll be tomorrow, but I'm savoring the moment.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at 160 for an entire year, maybe fluctuating 158-161, but could not break past that for any consistent amount of time. This was alternating between months of working out/eating great and months of not doing anything...couldn't budge. Now, not only have I gone up a few, but I can't get them back down! I've been changing it up by doing a TON of strength training, and I'm hoping that in a few weeks I will start seeing some changes. My hardship now is figuring out how to eat. I'm always hungry! it seems SO counterproductive to eat 2100 calories in a day when I'm trying to loose, but that's what it normally takes to make me feel satisfied (note, not even FULL...but not hungry).

Loosing the first 35-40 seemed kinda easy...changed some bad habits, ate less (but didn't focus on anything but nutrition and only eating when hungry, I didn't count calories), and got on an elliptical...that's it! This time around I am working my A$$ off, making every meal a perfectly balanced meal of calories/nutrients.....sigh.

Maybe I should think less and it will happen?
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

I was definitely in the same boat. I lost 10-15 lbs in about 5 months, which isn't fast, but the loss was very consistent (at least .5 lbs lost per week) Then I got stuck at 132. I was 132 for nearly 6 months, it was driving me crazy, I was working out, cutting cals, and my weight just wouldn't budge.

What got me past that dead stop was switching up my exercise routine (I guess sometimes muscle memory causes exercises to become to easy, and incorporating new exercises can burn more cals, and build different muscles) and switching up my diet (I used to do low cal -1200 or less- now I do low carb 40 carbs or less with 1500 cals).

But yeah, it's hard, but if you are diligent and stick with it, eventually that number will melt away. My advice is just change it up-- if what you are doing doesn't work, try something new.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:50 PM   #11  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

As somebody who is not as close as you to goal, but is trying to figure out how maintenance is going to be, things like this scare me! Because basically you've been still working your plan to lose... but have only been maintaining. What happens when you get to your goal? Are you going to be able to ease up on your plan, or is it going to have to remain pretty much the same?
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #12  

I was looking at maintanence too. It really seems to depend on the person. Some people (women, I don't know about men) maintain at about 1800 - 2000, others are at 1400 - 1500. I don't know if the difference is muscle mass or how overweight they were. A study was done that indicated that formerly obese people have changed their metabolisms whereas formerly overweight people haven't.

All this to say that it's very individual and kind of scary.