Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

Default Emotions at the end of the road

I'm not really sure how to put into words what I'm feeling, but I'll do my best. Does anyone else feel like it's a bit of a letdown in a sense when you reach your end goal? I feel like so much of the last 2 years of my life has been consumed with weight loss & goals, & now that it's coming to a close, it's a bit of letdown. I feel like I don't know what to focus on. I'll obviously stay in maintenance mode, keep up the healthy eating & exercise, but it's a weird transition from using all your energy to achieve a super important goal & then BAM! You're done!

Does that make sense? Does anyone know what I'm trying to get across? Have you felt that?
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #2  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

I totally know how you feel!

When I decided I was going to lose weight, at 185 pounds, I had set 140 as my big first goal. And when I reached it, well, there is no doubt that I was happy, but most of all, I was more in a state of ''okay... what now?''

It feels you've been focusing on weight loss forever and suddenly, you don't live on this purpose anymore. So weird...

I kinda went around this issue by figuring out that my body was not quite where I wanted it to be anyway (yet). So I guess I have to figure out what to do with myself when I'll finally be okay with how I feel about my body
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #3  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

From what I hear, planning weddings are similar - you spend all this time for this big event and them BAM it's over... (my husband and I just did the courthouse thing).

I guess I would find some other focus - maybe a fitness goal? or an education goal? or a work goal? Goals are important! Just time to find a new one!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #4  
Do you even lift, bro?

S/C/G: 125/109/110

Height: 5'3''

Yeah, totally. The last two years of my life have been so consumed by food issues that trying to let go of old habits and just live life and maintain this weight is difficult. I wonder what it would feel like to wake up and not have to think of food and calorie counting 24/7.
Aidanqm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #5  
Michelle :D

S/C/G: 85/64.1/56

Height: 164cm

I think this is what i am afraid of - what happens at the end?
Im not expecting a parade or anything but im so scared i feel let down by the whole anti-climax of the whole thing, i have read about so many people losing weight and then feeling utterly depressed at the fact they have nothing left to live for.
I like the idea of then adding another goal to head towards but when your whole life has been about weight where do you turn?

I hope you find your peace and your happiness, please let me know when you do and how you did it!
Fortunate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #6  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

I feel that way at times. I try to remind myself that my real goal is ultimate health; there are always things I can do to be healthier (physically, spiritually, mentally, financially, socially). I love life.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #7  

I think this can come from thinking weight loss will change their entire life. unless you're going from a weight that truly affected your lifestyle or mobility -(like i know a few people who get winded while walking and need breaks unfortunately)- to a normal weight I don't think its going to be that way.

The first time I lost weight (150 to 124) I was overjoyed at the small changes that had big significance for me personally. For example, I was happy that i was finally okay with wearing shorts because my thighs did't rub together. I was also happy that I didn't have to fight to get into my jeans anymore and that i didn't have a muffin top.

I didn't expect it to change every aspect of my life or make me a new person so i wasn't disappointed when that did not happen.

Not downing anyone's expectations, I'm just saying enjoy the small victories.

Last edited by BeautifulBrownT; 04-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.
BeautifulBrownT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Maddie--I recently hit my goal and I know how you feel. I agree with a few others that have said it's time for a new goal. For me, I'm focusing on finishing up my NROLW program and hitting my one year goal anniversary at or below my red line weight. I'm just going to keep changing up my goals because I'm sure I'll always have plenty to work on.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote