3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   JULY Feather's Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/262035-july-feathers-chat.html)

krampus 07-14-2012 08:10 PM

Hi all, just a drive-by. I was 124.2 at 1 PM today after being up but not eating or drinking for a few hours. Lost half an inch off my waist and hip measurements - 30.5-24-34 is pretty OK with me!!!

It's unbelievably hot today and we were just out for several hours at a ribs festival. I had 5 individual ribs, a big ice cream cone, and lunch pre-ribs was a brown rice sushi roll and half a salad. Also a piece of toast with butter. Who knows what the rest of tonight will bring...I guess I'll volunteer to DD to keep the drinks in check.

JossFit Quick, google "which foods go to my hips and butt first?" and pray for the best! Good news, it's probably easier to gain a couple pounds than lose them real quick.

TurboMammoth You know, you're right about the ice cream. I kinda overdid it last night and today...but ice cream is just so good...and YES, Raine Maida is HOT, I saw OLP in 2001 and it was lifechanging. They were one of my #1 favorite bands growing up. So good, enjoy the concert!

philana Glad you got over being sick. Resetting "normal" food is a hugely important thing in lifelong weight loss maintenance, so you're ahead of the game there :D

pixelllate 07-14-2012 11:40 PM

JossFit - you and your fiance belong on a romance novel cover! Gorgeous!!!
Krampus - YAY!!! Teeny waist!

LeilaJey 07-15-2012 09:21 AM

Ended up going to a bar in the end for a few games of pool last night but I just drank diet coke, phew, probably for the best. Up .4 today but that's ok, I had a few cookies too :D

Going cycling now.

TurboMammoth 07-15-2012 09:45 AM

krampus : killing mesurements! and wait, a RIBS festival!? Ahah, so COOL!

leilajey : have fun cycling! :)

went to the music/firework festival last night and I had 2 beers, 1 beaver tail and some popcorn. I'M 138.4 this morning, but the popcorn was sooooo salty, I'm probably retaining a gazillion liters of water!

The OLP show was SO SO SO SO AMAZING last night. I kept grabbing the boyfriend arm (right on his sunburn.hehe) squealing at every single songs. It was feeling in the 90,s all over again! Plus the crowd was more old, which was better than last thursday when we were in the middle of all the 16-18 years old of the town. Oh, and Raine Maida is so FREAKIN HOT. Awww, I'm in love. LOL

JossFit 07-15-2012 10:33 AM

How is it SUNDAY already?? Ugh! I just realized I leave for Vegas on Thursday and haven't written my wedding vows yet... I should probably get some notes down on paper or an outline of some sort tonight. I'm pretty much just going to wing it, but an intro and conclusion might not be a bad idea.

I love my Sunday morning workouts... so nice! I really despise doing cardio outside (not a big fan of running anyway and the humidity is redonkulous right now) so I hit the gym to get that done. On Sundays there is rarely anyone else in there so instead of wearing my ipod I put on a corny movie and jump around from machine to machine. Today it was Sleepless in Seattle... classic! I love being able to jump around from machine to machine without worrying that I'm bothering people or taking time to wipe them down until I'm all finished. I usuallyl end up with a pretty awesome workout.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philana - Oh my goodness, your cold sounds terrible! I'm glad you're feeling better now. I totally know what you mean about the shift from "diet foods" to just... food. It's sort of a weird realization, but I had that same ah-ha moment myself a while ago.

Krampus - The problem is, I know any quick weight I put on would be of the squishy variety, and that's not what I want. Dangit! LOL I think it will be okay in the end. Who knows, maybe the travel will make me bloat and retain a bit of water. If not, I've got safety pins and double sided tape! haha
I'm diggin the idea of a ribs festival. We NEVER have crap like that around here; yet another reason why I'm looking forward to moving to Colorado Springs next year!
Oh, and a 24 inch waist?! Go girl! Just because of my frame and my ribs I can't possibly get any smaller than I am now, at that's like 25 inches. I can't even imagine being smaller than that!

Pixelllate - LOL I hardly think we make "romance cover" looks status, but yes, he's quite handsome. (He's got a nice booty too) hahaha ;)

Leila - I hope you had a good ride! I'm sure those cookies were put to good use. :) Being up .4 is nada, no worries!

Turbo - I was drooling over your description of a Beaver Tail from earlier... I would love to try one! That must be one of those regional specialties. Growing up in Washington State, our big fair foods/festival foods were scones (I'm pretty sure everyone knows what a scone is) and Elephant Ears. Those are basically these HUGE flatbread/tortilla things that are bubbly and crispy on the outside with the perfect bit of chewiness to them, and they're topped with butter, cinnamon and sugar. It all melts together and is just perfect. It's a bit messy as finger food but oh so good. mmmmmm... :hungry:

I also had to google Raine Maida... nice! I had no idea he was such a hottie! I would have definitely enjoyed that show. ;) I'm sure the older crowd made it much more fun too. I can't friggin stand teenagers... LOL

Uh oh, I found a picture of Elephant Ears...

http://www.thefair.com/_assets/galle...d358_13430.jpg

LeilaJey 07-15-2012 12:41 PM

Joss You guys are absolutely stunning! Lovely shots :) also if you really want to try some Jaffa Cakes you can get them on Amazon. Good luck with writing your vows.. it's a nice idea to just wing it too, but having a conclusion and opening is a good idea.

philana aww that sucks, glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the normal food!

krampus Awesome measurements - way to go! Enjoy the food, it all sounds damn tasty.

turbo Glad you had a great night! Sounds like a good time and that guy is totally hot so I can see why you're in love ha ;)

-------
Had a great cycle, it was soo windy that I was exerting myself a lot going DOWN hill. I felt so fit going up them again on the way back though haha. Went for an hour, so that'll do.. gonna have burgers and roast potatoes for dinner. Yum yum.

I feel way fatter this week than ever, or at least like I did when I started. It's weird. I think I'm still a bit bloated though so maybe that's it. Very frustrating anyway as last week I was feeling pretty damn good about myself.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Alexistrophic 07-15-2012 06:03 PM

Joss ~ Agree w. pixellate that you belong on a romance novel w. your hunky fiance. You're bound to feel more inspired for the vows as the actual event gets closer. :hehe: for the "private gym".

Krampus ~ How exciting for new lows. Paving the way, girl! That BMI thing is amusing, too... It's more a stage of life thing with the boss - he's winding down and I'm ramping up. I've just had such a great time with him.

((((((Pixellate, Crazygurl))))))

LeilaJay ~ Hurray for cycling! And that bloated feeling could be the fluid in your body re-distributing. Never know... When you lose, your "adipose tissue" definitely re-settles itself. Don't let it get you down.

Philana ~ Good to see you back on here. Glad you're feeling better.

Turbo ~ Thanks for the wishes! My bosses daughter got back yesterday and we're planning a massive sushi fest tomorrow. (Kinda secretly whole lotta glad that I accomplished my goal of being out by the time she got back, b.c now I feel like it takes the pressure off of both of us...) Woot woot!

That concert sounds tres fun, too!!!

~~~
Am kind of running around trying to get ready to start the new gig on Tuesday!!!! Organizing wardrobe, cleaning room, etc. Sheesh! I get down on myself wondering why I hadn't organized this sooner, but then I remember that just because I gave my two weeks at the other job doesn't mean that anything in my life has stopped.

I'm SO psyched to be starting this new gig, but kind of feel like I'm driving myself crazy! I just want to be started already!!!

Here's to a great new weeeeek!

DottieMae 07-16-2012 08:10 AM

Hi Ladies,
I've been away for so long I don't know where to begin catching up. I'm really proud of myself for being able to say 'no' so much this weekend. 'No waiter, I really don't want a beer even though I'm at a brew-pub leave me alone!' 'Yes, I only want a salad and a cup of soup and no for the second time I don't need an appetizer!' Lol. Dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday out.

I didn't weigh in on Sunday but am happily at 131.8 this morning. Yesterday afternoon I went to return a pair of sandals to Old Navy and since they were having a super sale I had to look around. Things were pretty picked over but I saw a cute skirt and a pair of shorts - which I desperately need. I normally wear a 6-8 there (def. vanity sizes there), but of course I've lost weight. I walked away wearing a size 4. crazy! Still, I know their sizes run big and I'm not really a 4 but wow, what an ego boost in general to see I'm down 1-2 sizes (no matter that the sizes actually are). Happy dance!

We're going away for a long weekend this coming weekend and I hope I can continue to say 'No'. My sister in law is already describing all the places we'll eat - which include 'ice cream sandwiches that are made with fresh waffles' 'amazing nachos' 'tater tots' and that for a late night treat she'll be making smores. Yes, we are camping by an amusement park. gah! I've already packed some healthy granola bars, and have some veggie burgers + I'm making a nice light pasta salad with beans and plenty of veggies. I'm sure I'll indulge a bit which is ok, I just don't want to over indulge.

-----------------

Alexistrophic - Congrats on the new gig, and the awesome feeling it's giving you!

LeilaJey - are you close to TOM? I always feel fat then even if I'm down lb-wise.

JossFit - Having something together is a great idea! Good luck! My hubby and I had decided on a part we'd recite together, then we each wrote a piece to say to each other. Of course a plane went over head as we were saying them and then we both sort of forgot the recited part and started laughing mid-way through. oh well. You guys look too adorable in those photos.

krampus - You are killing it! 24 inch waist. I am jealous! :) Apparently on the BMI thing I match someone from Rwanda.

TurboMammoth - We need pics of your hot dress! ;) Also have you ever tried senna tea? And Our Lady Peace is giving me flashbacks to the 90s and college!

philana & crazygurl61 - Hugs to you both!

Alexistrophic 07-16-2012 09:10 AM

Yay, Dottie Mae! Saying "no" is the beginning of a revolution. I was also reading a study that people who say "I don't eat that." rather than "I can't eat that." tend to weigh less overall.... Something to be said for setting and claiming your own boundaries.

~~~
Got a ton of cleaning/organizing done last night and feel so much more organized and ready to go. Unearthed outfits from the back of my closet and feel like my work wardrobe has tripled without buying a single outfit. (ugh - on the downside, feel slightly sick from all the dust swirling around in my room...) Now to plan out and lock down what I'm wearing for the first week. Hurray!

Having a sushi/shopping date w. my oldest friend. Just got in my 2.5 mile run/walk. Not my goal of 10,000 steps (5 miles) but definitely better than nothing. Had to work against inertia this morning as allergies have me feeling all stuffy, but as usual, was fine once I got going.

Here's to a great week!!!

krampus 07-16-2012 10:22 AM

EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 129.4 this morning, I'm never eating P.F. Chang's or dessert ever again.

Yesterday was the bridesmaid dress hunt. I picked up the first dress off the shelf in a size 4 and it fit perfectly, which blew my mind because the woman at the store said they run small. This style looked and fit great on everyone (from 5 feet nothing size 2 to 5'8ish and size 10) who was there yesterday, but the seventh bridesmaid needs a 26W or bigger and probably won't be thrilled about wearing short strapless chiffon: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_...esmaid-Dresses

TurboMammoth 07-16-2012 11:04 AM

Joss : Our Beaver Tails actually looks a lot like your elephant ear, but I think the beaver ones are a bit thicker! And yes, Maida is hoooot. We were already about 10-12 meters from the stage and could have get even closer if the boyfriend-fireworks-enthusiast would have let us come closer to the stager earlier instead of standing on the side to watch the fireworks LOL

leilajey : it's annoying to ''feel'' fat. It's even worst when you tell someone that you feel it, because well, you DO, and they get all ''but you're not fat blahblahblah'' I get you, right now I feel like I'm pregnant with mu bloated tummyyyy

alexis : Oh wow, a sushi fest! I hope you'll have a great time with you friend :)

DottieMae : rocking a size 4!! great job!!! ''ice cream sandwiches that are made with fresh waffles''?? seriously?? Who is making those, some freaking angels riding unicorns pooping rainbow? God I'm drowling right now (I'll try to post a pic of my dress, I'm plannign to wear it soon! :D)

krampus : The dress is really pretty! But as you said, you might get trouble making the 7th like this one, she might not feel super confortable in it.

139.4 FTW!!!!!! Freakin weekends, freaking burger! Blaaah

Today I'm drinking coffee to poop, drinking water to pee my life and eating a salad for lunch!

krampus 07-16-2012 11:23 AM

LeilaJey I hear ya on feeling fat/bloated, let's not feel like this any more. Cycling will help that! :D

DottieMae WOOO size 4! I feel like people always use size 2 or 4 as the "no need to ever be that thin" marker in conversation. Even if you do overindulge, it won't last forever - that all sounds excessive yet fun.

Alexistrophic Nice work on getting stuff organized. I always say I will clean and organize on weekends but I always just fart around endlessly and get nothing accomplished...

TurboMammoth I am doing exactly what you are today. I am having horrible rabbit junk food poops. :(

LeilaJey 07-16-2012 12:26 PM

Alexis Good luck organising everything! That's always exciting coming up to a new chapter in your life.

Krampus That dress is stunning! It's great that everyone looks good in it too, it's tricky to get something that suits lots of body shapes. Is 26W plus size? I don't understand sizes. :\ Good luck pooping.

Turbo Ahh I know the feeling, it's hard to vent to people without them reacting like that. Good luck pooping and peeing to you too haha

Dottie Ice cream sandwiches with waffles sounds amazing.. anyway, you can do it! Indulge a little and enjoy yourself :)

---------------
Caught my reflection today and I felt like I looked huge. I don't know maybe what I'm wearing is unflattering. I shouldn't be surprised as I was 140 a few years ago and I didn't remember feeling particularly thin/any different and I'm not even there yet. Maybe I have a small frame, I guess it's just daunting thinking about how much further I'll have to go. Once I get to 140 I'm taking it 5lbs at a time though. Trying to stay positive.

Feeling really dizzy for some reason. So if anything I just wrote there doesn't make any sense that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. ;)

LeilaJey 07-16-2012 12:39 PM

Earlier on in a second hand shop I picked up a pair of trousers size 8uk/4us so I could work my way into them and I just tried them on and they fit ha, vanity sizing or what. Ah well, I'll enjoy it. :D

krampus 07-16-2012 01:32 PM

US sizing is UK sizing minus two. So a US 26 is a UK 30. The "W" is for "women's" which is sometimes tacked onto plus sizes (plus sizes are sizes 14/16+ depending on who makes it). Most stores don't carry anything bigger than a 26 or so.