3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   JULY Feather's Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/262035-july-feathers-chat.html)

JossFit 07-26-2012 07:39 PM

Philana and Dottie - Thanks gals :)

Ugh, I miss my hubby already... I have exactly 5 more weeks until I get to go out to Colorado and see him again. I suppose in the meantime I'll just be getting back into my routine and workin on my fitness!

I'm having a bit of a separation pity party today and just feel sort of ho-hum. I had wanted to get up and hit the gym for an awesome workout, but I ended up sleeping later than I wanted (which makes me feel like a slacker) and then about 45 minutes into my workout I got HORRIFIC muscle cramps in both of my quads! I have NEVER had muscle cramps like this, and I sort of felt like a weenie for calling it quits, but I could hardly even walk let alone finish my workout with a run as I planned. It was seriously debilitating! It just goes to show that my body is still all dehydrated and jacked up from the vacation and my last couple of days of crappy eating.

I got home and after a bit my legs felt better, so I decided to finish off my cardio day with a 45-minute Zumba "Sculpt and Tone" DVD. It wasn't intense or anything, but I burned a few calories.

Right now I just want to eat.

philana 07-27-2012 03:54 AM

Dottie: Sorry to hear about the hectic stuff at work, but it looks like an end is in sight so hang in there! Which sports on the Olympics will you watch? I plan on watching anythinng cycling (so road and track) but nothing else really.

Joss: Sucks that you have to be without your hubby so fast again, but getting back into your routine sounds like a plan!

--
I am such an idiot. LOL. I walked more than normal yesterday and it was warm and my sandals are a bit too big since I dropped the 30lbs. I had not thought much about that.. but now I have huge blisters on the soles of my feet! These are the sandals that I walked the entire middle east in. Half of europe. They are my buddies. Dangit.

So, blisters, sore muscles and TOM started. First day of TOM is always ****. But I am gonna go to the beach. I want to cancell, but I wont. I just wont cycle the 24miles to get there. Train it is.

krampus 07-27-2012 09:33 AM

ARGH, one of those mornings. Had to get up at 6 to drive friend to the train station, went back to bed instead of gym-ing, ran late, got home with a two minute window to get ready and the landlord/third roommate was sh!tting in the bathroom so I didn't get to weigh myself or dry-shampoo my GREASY hair, was late to work (boss was later so it's OK!), bleh. I feel borderline Asperger's being this distraught and anxiety-ridden that I didn't get to weigh myself this morning.

Also, it's my ex boyfriend of 5 years' birthday today, and I feel like I should call him because he called me on my birthday, and I still have guilt bouncing around about our relationship ending (it was my call). Hunnnggggffffffff.

philana Enjoy the beach today! It's a shame about those sandals wearing out. They've been trusted companions of yours. But its probably worth it to weigh 30 lbs less, yeah?

JossFit I'm so sorry about your crappy crampy workout, not the most encouraging start to the 5 weeks of waiting to see your HUSBAND again but things will get better! "Sculpt and Tone" huh. I wish it were that easy, that our bodies were made out of play-doh or something...

DottieMae Keep on keeping on! Glad you'll be reclaiming your lunch time soon in the future. It's really important to have that respite from other people's demands to break up the work day. What Olympic event are you most excited about? I'd say women's weightlifting but I don't have a TV so who knows.

LeilaJey Have fun w/your sister!

pixellate Where did you go???????

crazygurl61 07-27-2012 02:07 PM

Hi everyone! Beautiful wedding photos Joss.

Personal drama happening and a bit off track but moving onward and upward!!!

JossFit 07-27-2012 04:23 PM

Philana - I'm definitely trying but it's not easy getting back on plan! I feel fat, bloated, tired and bummed out right now. I think after I ditch some of these vacation pounds (lots of water and a few real lbs I'm sure) I'll be coasting on autopilot again. I'm just white knuckling it a bit until then.
I'm sorry about your ouchy blisters! I guess you have an excuse to go find some new comfy ones you can wear during all that walking.

Krampus - Yeah, "sculpt and tone"... it was lame, but better than nothing.
Did you end up calling your ex? I would say it depends on how YOU feel about it. He is your ex after all, and your new BF is super cute and obviously things there are great so it's not like you want anything romantic with your ex. If guilt is the only reason for calling him, I would just let sleeping dogs lie. If, however, you are genuinely wishing him a happy birthday and still want to be friends, go for it! Just make sure that since you are the one who ended things you might not be making things worse for him by contacting him. Even if you aren't intentionally leading him on, sometimes it's the nicer thing to do to just let the healing process happen for them.
I don't know... food for thought.

Crazygurl - Good luck with the "drama"... I hope it's nothing too awful! Thank you for the compliment too :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bleh, decent workout today, but aside from that I haven't accomplished too much. I did go out and buy a bunch of frames and a photo album for the prints from our wedding, and I may have accidentally started an addiction in the process; I went and bought... SCRAPBOOKING materials! :o I always find myself looking at all the sparkly stickers and such when I'm in the craft stores but I've never put together a scrapbook before. I decided to just get a few things, and so far I've put together a couple of pages in our wedding scrapbook.
My husband is super sentimental, but in a much more "dude" kind of way. He saves little things from significant events, but he doesn't really do anything with them. He told me today that he has the parking stub from when we went and did the incline (where he proposed) and that I could put that in our scrapbook. I think that's a good idea. :) He has a bunch of things like that so it would be a nice addition.
He also is a fantastic artist, so maybe when his hand heals up and he can draw again I can get some white pages and he can ink them all up for me to use as background pages. I know it will be mostly my project but I can include him in it a bit.

Another side effect of scrapbooking is that I can use it as a distraction when I'm feeling snacky! LOL I was working on it for a couple of hours earlier and didn't even notice, so I'll bet it's a nice tool to have when I want to snack out of boredom or some other emotion. Yeah, it can be expensive... but so is going out and buying food to much on!

crazygurl61 07-27-2012 05:36 PM

Ok so I didn't feel like saying anything but long story short I work with some youth at my church. Although I teach elementary school I work with the high schoolers sometimes. I thought I had my Facebook set on privacy settings that were strick but I guess not. Long story short a lot of things got misconstrued and two or the moms had been upset me being a "bad influence" for sometime so here is what they did- they asked me to meet with them for coffee yesterday because I was going to take some of the kids on a day trip and they said they wanted to talk details. Then when I got there they ambushed me and put all of this stuff about my personal life on the table that I'm not sure how they knew but apparently a lot of parents have this thing now where they can get all their kids texts and internet things emailed to them, so any way I felt embarrassed and awful about the specifics and cried and apologized for upsetting them. They promised the details would stay between the three of us but asked me not to talk to their kids which upset me because I know I am a good person and a good role model but like everyone I make mistakes, and how am I to know what people are saying about me behind my back or that things said electronically are being scrutinized. One of the women I had known about a year and the other woman I had never met before so it was just....horrible. I left sobbing and knew I had to meet my husband and pastor at church a bit later for an unrelated issue so I headed that way.

I decided to tell my husband about what happened but not my pastor because according to the women the issue was "done" and they wouldn't bring it up again and they wanted to move on and honestly I do too. I have to get away from this idea that telling everyone everything all the time and talking it to death is good. The good thing was that the other meeting with the pastor went better than expected but again it was over a touchy subject but at least we got some resolve. I am trying to think of whether or not I will go to church this Sunday because this whole situation is just crappy. The other situation involved someone who used to be a great friend changing personalities and the friendship falling apart (not just with me but a lot of people noticed the change) and anyway, her job is in a position that is a "sister" job to mine, so it became drama and I think it's finally resolved because her true colors are coming out. I need the magic pill for not feeling crappy about things and moving on.

Also, I am trying to re-think all of my involvements and plan my schedule for two weeks from now when teaching starts up again. I'm thinking I may want to try exercising again. Another long story short I stopped when I got diagnosed with anxiety disorder in 2010 because it aggravated my symptoms. I think I might want to do a once a week class.

As much as I do a lot of philanthropy and charity work I also think I need to plan some more time for fun in my marriage and also for me, as selfish as that sounds, and my friends. I have one really great friend Julie who has been with me through the whole process, I also feel like I need to re-evaluate who is getting my time and my prioritys.

I'm better news I am really proud of my husband because he has been riding his
bike all of the time and working on a healthier approach to things. I think our marriage is going great and it's nice to be on the same page health wise.

I'm sorry I'm blabbering on about myself- it has been a rough week!! I had this ebay drama with a broken dish and a lot of stupid little things. I am maintaining my weight but not loosing.

Has anyone else ever even through something totally crappy and moved on? What helped?

Thanks everyone who made it to the bottom of this post!

JossFit 07-28-2012 08:56 AM

Crazygurl - :hug: Ooohf, that is a tough situation! I've never had to deal with anything like that myself, but I know that these days social media can be a killer, even if you aren't being in any way inappropriate with it. I do have one friend who is a teacher (early elementary age) and she uses FB very conservatively for that reason. She's a lovely respectable woman anyway, but even just pictures of her out with some friends at a bar can make it look as though she's some wild woman, when in reality she's usually the sober one just stopping by to say hello before heading home!

I wish I had some great advice, but I don't really have anything profound to contribute. :( All you can do is what you did; apologize, don't get defensive, and do your best to show the parents they can trust you with their children. I think you handled yourself just fine, and it will pass in time.

I also think that you have the right idea in trying to focus on the health and happiness of your marriage and nurturing some friendships right now. Doing that, along with taking the time to get into those exercise classes should help to boost your mood a bit! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this morning was the post-honeymoon weigh-in... 118.8 lbs, so I'm up 4 pounds from my low pre-wedding weight of 114.8 lbs. Considering that I have only been back OP 3 days that's really not too bad. I know my body fairly well, and I think that I am probably still holding a pound (hopefully more) of water.

Overall, my goal is to hang out around 116.5 lbs (Yes, so specific with that 1/2 pound in there!) so I really don't have all that much damage control to do in order to get back there. I think I can probably have that 2+ pounds off in 2 weeks.

Alexistrophic 07-28-2012 10:29 AM

(((((Crazygurl))))
I'm so sorry about this whole mess. I'm no stranger to the world of church politics and I swear that sometimes the church can hurt you like none other. Make a list of all your BEST qualities (generous, caring, energetic, creative, etc.) take a moment realize any changes you might need to make, then realize that this one incident does NOT define you as a person, nor does it negate all your good qualities.

I actually did have a similar situation when I thought that I had been passed over for a job because of my linkedin profile... (don't know if you remember that from last month's thread...) turns out that was not the case AND they even came back to me to ask if they could "revisit my candidacy"... Um, thanks but NO. So you never know the difference two or three weeks might make.

Just my personal opinion, but I think you should go to church on Sunday. Take extra time, look fabulous, and hold your head up high. And if you're feeling strong enough, walk right up to those two women, look 'em in the eye, and say hello.

((((Joss, Krampus, Philana, DottieMae, Pixellate, LeilaJay))))))
Sorry for the drive-by, but trying to get up and moving to go to a friend's bridal shower. Giving myself a "slow Saturday" morning and taking my time, but gosh if it doesn't frustrate me... New job still has me kind of knackered, but is getting easier. I still need my whole weekend to recover.

Hope everyone has a fantastic one!

Mountain Mamma 07-28-2012 03:01 PM

Hello all! I'm back from the wedding and honeymoon

Nice to see you back, Joss. Missed your motivating posts!

Beautiful photos.

JossFit 07-29-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mountain Mamma (Post 4419656)
Hello all! I'm back from the wedding and honeymoon

Nice to see you back, Joss. Missed your motivating posts!

Beautiful photos.

Welcome back! LOL, my posts are motivating?! I always feel like such a whiner! :o

-------------------------------------------------

Today's cardio workout went much better than last Thursday's workout... no debilitating leg cramps keeping me from my run! Whoot! I'll have those pounds of lickety split!

I am soooo not ready to go back to my office tomorrow... I want to stay on vacation forever!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

philana 07-29-2012 12:13 PM

Krampus: Oh, that's a tough one - calling the ex. About the weigh-in: QUIT THAT! LOL. Keeping track of stuff and making an effort to drop weight is fine, but really it should not mess with your emotions when stuff goes differently than planned. It's not all important ;).

crazy: I don't really know what to say about your issues with those church people, other than - breathe, get through this and in a months time it's all forgotten. And fix your FB (throw people that ar enot your bestest friends off your friendslist if you have to). Goodluck! Hope you stille njoy your work with the kids, that's what you do it for in the end. To give them a good time. Not their moms.

Alexis (((hugs))) - drive by anytime! ;)

---
It's my bday today. That's not a big feat or anything. We all get those. What is friggin awesome though is that I ran half a marathon distance. So 13.1miles. In 2h30m. I am superduperproud. Now I can run any lesser distance and know I will survive. I can start working on my speed.

As to calorie-counting, it's been hard. Not with eating bad or anything but food I don't prepare is so hard to guess what is in it. After tomorrow I'll have a less busy social week and will be home more and can just feel nice knowing I keep track of my calories. But even without exact counting I know I have been in a deficit, so after the muscle soreness from the run subsides and TOM is gone I can see the result I hope.

JossFit 07-30-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philana (Post 4420369)
It's my bday today. That's not a big feat or anything. We all get those. What is friggin awesome though is that I ran half a marathon distance. So 13.1miles. In 2h30m. I am superduperproud. Now I can run any lesser distance and know I will survive. I can start working on my speed.

As to calorie-counting, it's been hard. Not with eating bad or anything but food I don't prepare is so hard to guess what is in it. After tomorrow I'll have a less busy social week and will be home more and can just feel nice knowing I keep track of my calories. But even without exact counting I know I have been in a deficit, so after the muscle soreness from the run subsides and TOM is gone I can see the result I hope.

Happy belated birthday! I hope that even though it wasn't a "big feat" you still did something a little special and enjoyed it... maybe even had a cupcake? :) I really haven't done anything special for my birthday in the last 4 or 5 years, mostly because I'm always deployed. Last year on my birthday I was in the states, but my husband had just proposed two days prior and had been so worried about the ring and the proposal that he forgot about my birthday! haha
We ended up going out for sushi, and that was just fine with me. :)

More importantly though, congrats on the run! 13.1 miles is just insane in my book. I could probably do it, but it's just never been a goal of mine. The furthest I have ever run is like 7 miles. I figure if I'm ever in a life threatening situation where I have to run continuously for more than a few minutes, I'm probably screwed anyway. I work on sprints more than anything. There are phases that I go through where I like longer runs (5-7 miles is long for me) but inevitably I injure myself and scale it back again.

As far as the calorie counting goes, I wouldn't sweat it too much unless you notice you are gaining or unless you have a specific goal in mind right now for weight loss. I am back on the calorie bandwagon so that I can get these honeymoon pounds off, but I plan to go back to a more relaxed maintenance after that.

DottieMae 07-30-2012 11:52 AM

Hey everyone,
I was a busy bee all weekend, but did get some time in for relaxing. Got to sit by the pool for a bit, but did feel lazy. I meant to get up for an 8am yoga class, but that does require me getting up by about 6:45 and I just didn't want to do it. Not on a Sunday. It was the only time I could go though without paying for a babysitter as my husband had plans the rest of the day. In fact this week he's getting to celebrate his birthday (which was earlier this month) by going to a tennis tournament EVERY NIGHT. So I'm on my own with my son. It doesn't bother me except it means I don't get my late night workouts. I'm going to drag my butt out of bed for 6am yoga class at least twice this week. Else I'll feel like a real slacker.

philana - Happy belated birthday! And congrats on the half marathon! The furthest I've ever run is about 7 miles so I'm always in awe of the distance! Nice work!

crazygurl61 - (((hugs!))) I don't know what to tell you. Lock down facebook and maybe have some friends/friends of friends test it out for you and send you screenshots of what it looks like just so you're feeling ok. Facebook is such a hard one. And as a Mom I can tell you a lot of Moms are just CRAZY when it comes to their kids. And the amount of information at their fingertips (that can often times be misconstrued) is just staggering. I think Moms sometimes forget that you can have a personal life, be a bit silly, etc outside of the classroom setting but have a different persona inside the class. Really, who doesn't do that? Things I do/say with my friends I'd never say/do around some of my co-workers. (((hugs)))

krampus - What did you wind up doing with your ex? Calling or not? It's always a weird thing for me, I have friends who have remained friends with exes and those who have not. Personally I haven't, except with ones I dated like, ages ago in high school for like a month, and we are 'friends on facebook' lol.

---------

So my weight has bounced up. I had a big downward trend, but haven't exercised all weekend, plus TOM. I'm back down to 130.7 but really want to be back to 129/128. I'm going to stay on plan and exercise as much as I can this week, but we're heading to the beach next week. Our friends love to eat out. I'm going to make good choices when I can but I also don't want to be overly restrictive. I think I'm settling on a 'try not to get above 130' which would have me just maintaining. I'm hoping some long walks (and possibly runs) on the beach will help. I looked up and there is a yoga studio there, but I know myself and when I see the beach I think the last place I'm going to want to go is inside to do yoga. lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

krampus 07-30-2012 12:14 PM

Just a quick update from me today...being a busy bee preparing for the board meeting tomorrow. Our organization is kinda broke and I feel bad feeding soggy Subway sandwiches to people who came from as far away as Buffalo...

My weekend was busy. Friday we had obscenely humongous milkshakes with ice cream sundaes on top. Yesterday I went to my bf's best friend's going away party in New Haven. I felt really out of my element around all these go-getter second-generation Pakistani-Americans who either (A) are rich already or (B) DESPERATELY want to get in with big corporations for life. The party boy is moving to Istanbul in 2 weeks and his girlfriend is not for the time being...sad times ahead for them. The party was at an expensive Italian restaurant and his sister (well, probably his loaded banker brother) paid for the whole thing! I enjoyed my meal and watched his truly awful ex-girlfriend who has no concept of money push food around on her plate, eat nothing, and then order an espresso. Ugh!

This morning I dragged myself out of bed to go to the gym. Quick treadmill run, some stair stepping at the highest level on "hills" setting, and my usual back/biceps/chest routine. The scale told me that despite my indulgences over the weekend I'm sitting pretty at 125.4. I can deal with that.

Cape Cod (Truro) from midday Friday! I can't wait. We're planning on getting permits for a campfire so we can cook our own seafood on the beach near our campsite! mmmmmmmmmmmm!

DottieMae I called him and left a message on Friday, and he returned my call yesterday. We talked for 15 minutes or so and it was fine. Initially he said he'd like to be friends, which would be fine with me, but it's really his call. We're in touch but not regularly and I think that's probably best for all. Screw indoor yoga, just run around the beach until you get hot and need to cool off!

philana Thanks for pounding common sense into my head. How was your birthday? 13.1 miles is amazing. I get so bored/ADD after 3 or 4. Do you want to compete in half marathons someday?

Alexistrophic Hope the new job gets less tiring and stressful as you get acclimated!

JossFit Not bad at all for a vacation and honeymoon! You're absolutely on top of this whole "sane maintenance" thing. Scrapbooking is one of those "twee" hobbies I secretly enjoy but don't broadcast - I made one for my best friend in Japan as a "thank you for taking care of me when I was here" gift.

crazygurl61 Hope you are taking some "me" time right now. People are so petty about Facebook and whatnot, and church politics are even more stressful than other politics because God is watching. There's nothing selfish about laying low and focusing on your own physical/mental/emotional health and well being during such trying times.

crazygurl61 07-30-2012 12:34 PM

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I've been trying to be good to myself the past few days and I havent been good about my health habits. Mentally I feel better.

Krampus: sounds like and interesting party! My husband used to work for some people like that and it was just fun to people watch. You are doing so well at 125! All of your words about my situation rang so true.

Dottie you are doing so well also!!! Good plan for the beach. It's hard when people want to eat out all the time. Luckily when I went on vacation at the end of June we were with people who wanted to do half and half.

Philana hope you had an amazing birthday!!! Your run sounds great.

Joss those pounds will be off in no time! Awesome work!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so basically I have done badly this month and it is my fault. I know I will end with a gain. Im deciding to take control and stick with it!!!

Right now I am looking at doing a strick diet for a week or two. The reason why is because it well help me get back on track. Maybe something with meal replacement shakes? Any suggestions? I know those things don't work in the long run but in the short term it works out for me just to get a jump start.

I also have the next two weeks before teaching resumes and I've been running around so much that I've made literally 0 plans. So there will be nothing to get in the way.

I'm a little bummed because my hubby is down 20 lbs (so proud!) and everyone else on here is doing so great (again proud!) but I cannot seem to get it together. I know it is my own fault. Time to research those diets now...