No scales... - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/147/128

Height: 5"9

Default No scales...

Hi Featherweights!

I posted here a while back, then fell off the weight loss wagon for a bit. Now I'm back, ironically weighing less than before, but for bad reasons - I went through a bad breakup recently and was not eating from the emotional stress, so I dropped about ten pounds in as many days (I now know that's possible! But it was only because I lost all appetite - I could never, and I'm sure should never, repeat that out of choice...) Anyway, somewhat surprisingly, the 10 pounds have stayed off four months later despite the speed with which I lost them. Now I want to a) avoid putting them back on and b) lose a bit more (about another 10 pounds).

My problem at the moment is I have to travel a lot for work (as in, I won't be at home for the next six months, and in different cities and actually countries all the time). I have no regular access to scales, so I was wondering if people have tips for dealing with a 'no scales' situation. Sometimes my hotel might have scales, sometimes not. I can't really buy some and carry them in my suitcase I'm trying to go with the clothes test - i.e. I have a small skirt in my luggage that just fits, so I'm trying it on when I can to check I havn't gotten too big for it. But I'm not sure I trust this system, because to be honest I obsess about it so much sometimes I am convinced the skirt is too tight, and other times I don't even remember what it felt like last time etc etc. Ergh. Any other tips would be very helpful. I'm thinking of buying a tape measure at least, but I'm not sure that that is the best way to tell if I am losing pounds...

Also, as I am travelling all the time, sticking to a diet is hard. Not to mention I am in different countries and eating different foods, many of which I have no idea what the calorie content is. Again, if anyone has been in this or similar situations, let me know your tips!

10 pounds to go...I can do it...
heatherph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:20 AM   #2  

Yeah I think tape measure may be the way to go!

My scale has been broken for months and I always forget about it at the store. It's driving me crazy!!! And I'm only a weekly weigher but I hate not having a working scale.
Pepino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

I would think a lot of hotels would have scales in the gym or changeroom? You could probably find one at least once a month, which is probably enough.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

Do you have a laptop with a webcam? I go less by the scale and more by pictures for comparison-- it can be really motivating. However, if it is your work laptop, you probably don't want pictures of flexing in your undies on there.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote