Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Non-Related Fitness Surprise Goals

Did anyone have any surprise goals that were not fitness-related to come out of your weight loss journey?

I've always loved to write. But life got in the way and with two kids, it was put on the back burner. Fast forward and I found myself scouring the internet devouring fitness articles and thinking to myself, "Self, I could totally do this - parlay my love of writing with my newfound interest in fitness." LOL.

So, I contacted a personal trainer on a website that I frequent quite often and it turns out that his business is based in NYC - not too far from where I live. I expressed an interest in wanting to write some fitness articles from a feminine perspective and he said to send him a resume with some samples of my work.

Anyway, whether it comes of anything or not, I doubt that I would have had the self-confidence to even initially reach out to anyone in the world of fitness before I began my journey. I also would have been too afraid to share my writing with the world at large for fear of rejection.

I have to say that gaining control of my physical self has gotten the ball rolling for me in so many different ways - too many to count. I've learned that not trying is worse than trying and failing.

How about you?
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #2  
J.b007

S/C/G: 224/156/135

Height: 5ft 9inches

Default Awesome to discover a new hidden passion

Hi there something like that happened to me. I have been a teacher for over 20yrs, I teach music to grades 7 and 8. I love my job, but since losing my weight, I have found that I enjoy not being afraid to show not just my physical self ( Wore a bathing suit in Mexico for the first time in years) It was scary but felt good after lol. I decided to take a year of this summer and move to mexico to write, work in a small store that I met the owner during my visit. Just going to get away and put myself on paper. So I get what you mean, so do you have a blog or site?
Julesbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote