Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #106  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

jayoh : welcome back on track. doesn't it feel great to be in control?

philana : i COULD throw the cake away but I have so much trouble wasting food... However it's all gone now. We had the last 2 tiny pieces tonight, because today was his realy birthday and I had an okay day + workout... I maked it work

just wanted to say that I finally went for a run tonight, giving a shot to the last tempo run training of my program (a 8k) I was SUPER stressed because I had never run that fast, that far. I was alone (my collegue couldn't make it) so I was able to really concentrate on my breath... and I made it! that's a huge accomplishment to me, I feel I can do anything now! (and than I think about the hills training starting next week... oh good lord)
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #107  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

TurboMammoth NICE WORK ON THE RUN! That's a great feeling, isn't it? Also happy to hear the cake's gone...

philana Wow girl so much exercise! You must be tightening up a lot even if you're not dropping pounds.

jayohwhy I hate that "too hungry to sleep" feeling. I'm glad you feel good about being back on plan, I don't think anyone ever regrets it!

As for me, I was down to 130.5 this morning. I had a fairly reasonable eating day yesterday though no activity whatsoever...saw an avant garde solo saxophonist (John Zorn) at the cool new event center near my apartment, had one beer for a friend's birthday celebration, and split a peanut butter egg three ways with my bf and my roommate. Today I'm going to the gym with my neighbor after work and then hitting a frozen yogurt shop with my bf :P
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #108  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

turbo- great job on the run! i'm doing a 10k on saturday, but i'm not so excited, haha.

philana- nice burn! you have more dedication than i do...

krampus- mmm.. a peanut butter egg sounds really good! i've been thinking of partaking in a cadbury egg before easter is over...

___
so i'm back on plan, and because i had stalled right before i went on maintainance i wasn't expecting much. to my surprise, i weighed in at 133.2 this morning, a new low, after eating 1400 yesterday! i'm really surprised.

i'm running a 10k on saturday morning, so it's taking all my self control not to go out for a run until then, but i want to make sure that i'm not too tired to get the best time i can. i'm a teacher and my spring break starts tomorrow. i'm thinking of hitting a hot yoga class tomorrow morning to celebrate spring break!
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:04 PM   #109  
Staying the Same

jayohwhy Good luck on that 10k! You'll be great.

I am DETERMINED to actually lift some dumbbells at the gym today even if I do it wrong and can't lift .00001 lbs. I'm writing down this starter program from stumptuous.com and following it: http://www.stumptuous.com/the-less-t...tarter-program
Old 04-05-2012, 03:22 AM   #110  
say what?

Height: 5'6"

Turbo: OMG, I just did that with 3k and I about died. Haha. That is so amazing. You can do anything!!

jayohwhy, congrats! I upped my calories to 1400 because I exercise so much and worried about my metabolism. It feels like such a splurge every day now. Haha.

Krampus: how did it go? Don't be shocked if you are 2lbs heavier all at once. Waterweight sucks.

FINALLY! My scale moved below 141. I'm at 140.6 now. Hihihi.
The silliest thing in the world is that now I don't want to lift weights because then my weight will be up tomorrow again. Which is a totally unhealthy way of looking at things because the scale is not the Almighty. But my did I ike the sight of being under that 141 finally. Oh well. I will go lift. C'est ca.

I dragged myself to the gym for a 700 calorie burn yesterday. My deficit has been between 500 and 1000 for over a week now. I am so excited. Even though it might take a bit with waterweight from all the stories I read on here, it's gonna go down. And it's gonna be a nice surprise once it does. I WILL lose 5lbs before the end of the month. Must.

Last edited by philana; 04-05-2012 at 03:23 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #111  
Staying the Same

Report: Lifting was fine. No one gave a crap that I was there and no one stared, judged, etc. at all. I chickened out on the dumbbell bench but did rows (15 lb), split squats, planks, and some (10 lb) bicep curl type stuff. Also 15 minutes running and 15 minutes high resistance elliptical.

Today I'm sore and I'm STARVING. I had chicken soup with vegetables and matzoh for dinner, not very much food, and I am GODDANG RAVENOUS right now. Weight was the same as yesterday morning.

My body feels tighter but my face feels bloated. Is this normal?
Old 04-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #112  
one pound at a time

philana-i totally know what you mean! when i was eating lower and exercising, i was dropping lbs but i felt weak all the time and started bumping into things. now i'm eating an avg of 1450 a day, which suits me because i never ate by my exercise calories. every day feels like a holiday now haha

krampus- good job with the weights! sorry about your hunger! after go running i always break down and have a cracker or two afterwards because i'm just hungry! have you tried the new rules of lifting for women? i used that when i started lifting, it was a great help to me.

___

weighed in at 133.2 again this morning, which means that the low seems to be sticking! after hot yoga i weighed again at 132.8 but of course i couldnt log it because it probably was because of all the sweating etc.

i'm going to melting pot tonight with a girlfriend for dinner during their happy hour. i pretracked everything and technically i'm done eating until dinner. lots of liquids until dinner. at least i feel like i'm in control, no?

it seems like a distinct possibility that i could be in the 120s by my birthday (may 1)

Last edited by jayohwhy; 04-05-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #113  

krampus : oh good lord, you started lifting! which means I really need to start lifting too! lol

philana : no more 141! good for you!!! all your hard work will definitely pay off!

jayoh : you're getting so close to the 120's!! you can do this!

hey all!

TOM finally kicked in this morning, I'm all bloated and I feel yuk. I was also up to 140 lbs this morning after getting back down to 138.8 yesterday. I haaaaate TOM

On a good note, I bought a bike yesterday! I was so looking for something to finally to the tons of crosstraining my running program was telling me to do... Now, no more excuses.

The long weekend is coming but I have things planned that I don,t really want to do... like driving 4 hours back-forth to the inlaws for a lunch. way to go on loosing completly Sunday. I need to run twice this weekend... I feel there is always something in the way between me and my training and that annoys me do bad.

Anyway. Happy thursday everyone!
Old 04-06-2012, 04:22 AM   #114  
say what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboMammoth View Post
:

On a good note, I bought a bike yesterday! I was so looking for something to finally to the tons of crosstraining my running program was telling me to do... Now, no more excuses.
I so badly want a bike too! I mean I have my normal bike, but I want to be a real cyclist. Go miles and miles a day. There's so many cyclist in my area because it's so great for it. I have to wait till may/june to buy one. I am saving up for it. But gosh I can't wait.

The scale moved down again, 140.2 now. I am slowly starting to get excited. Nice that my weight caught up with my ticker again after WEEEKS. Crazy nontehless that it isn't more.

Last edited by philana; 04-06-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #115  
Staying the Same

Up a pound. Yesterday was not a particularly healthy day...beer, ice cream and midnight grilled cheese sandwich. Calories were probably at or around 2000 but still I don't feel too great (could be the SLIGHT hangover, just maybe). This weekend is gonna be a wash, I'm going to my bf's family's for Passover and will be eating and drinking my face off. He and his sister are both REALLY into hiking though so there will be some activity to offset all the brisket and matzoh ball soup.

philana Way to go! Lifting weights is badass, don't let the scale keep you from it!

TurboMammoth Hahahaha - if even KRAMPUS is lifting it must be time for you to start. Enjoy your new bike!

jayohwhy I know EXACTLY what you mean about bumping into things out of hunger. I often have crazy blood sugar drops around 5 pm and feel like I'm gonna die if I don't have a piece of bread or something before I exercise.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:38 AM   #116  
吃多一点,吃少一点

S/C/G: >29" / 25.5" / <=25"

Height: 5' 3.5"

Does anyone have any experience with fasted-state workouts?

I ask because while I've kept up my solid running schedule, the times of my runs have progressively gotten later in the day, and I've gained back 5-10 pounds over the past six months -- a connection? As in, I think I'm just burning the stuff I ate earlier in the day, rather than bodyfat.

I just did my second 1h15m pre-breakfast (5:45 am) run this morning, and am really hoping I don't wind up feeling like death tomorrow...because the next day is when the exhaustion hit me last time.
xiaobaicai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:47 AM   #117  
say what?

krampus: sounds like you'll compensate with the activity. I am just wondering, hope you don't mind me asking - from what I read you eat a lot of junk here and there. I am just wondering - is it because you can easily not eat it and be in control or have you just let it be and try and work it off everytime? If you lost your weight but are still super attracted to eating the crap, aren't you worried it's gonna pack the lbs back on you when you don't pay attention for a few weeks?

---
I went to the St Matthew Passion yesterday, it was soooo beautiful. But anybody that has gone knows it's a 3hr sitting thing. And after 2.5 hours I felt like I had been in a plane for 8hrs and just wanted to die or something. I am bummed by that because the last part is so beautiful but I just did not pay much attention to anything other than trying to sit comfortably again.

We went out for dinner before that and I had already checked the menu at home and I had saved about 800 calories for dinner. I went with two started as my main ( a wild mushroom soup and pumpkin salad ) bot very light and then I had a chocolate cream pie. Hahah. Is my first real big cheat in almost 2 weeks and it fitting into my calorie budget just was awesome.

My scale isn't up today even though I did weights yesterday, I am at 140.2 again today. I am super excited, it's finally move downward some I think!
Old 04-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #118  

philana : don't get me wrong, my new bike isn't the best one ever. A plain simple hybrid LOL but it's better than no bike

krampus : I didn't mean it that way! LOL When I was lurking at the weight lifter thingy, I wasn,t feeling alone in the group of the people ''I know I should do it but I don't''... but now I do LOL

xia : I don't have much knowledge about that unfortunately

hey all!

I'm super bloated this morning, we had chinese fondue last night and even i did not overate THIS much, it was salty and I felt like I was pregnant after dinner.. so this morning no surprise I'm up 141.6 lbs

I think my bf and I are both getting a cold, I'm feeling like craaap. And I'm supposed to do my long run today... 11k of pain ahead LOL

hope you're having a great weekend!
Old 04-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #119  
one pound at a time

hooray! i finished my 10k and set a new personal best. it was a really fun race where they closed down hollywood blvd and we got to just run all the way down a street that is usually busy and very famous.

i weighed in at 133 before the race and after the race (and subsequent bm, tmi), i weighed in at 131.8. Oh how i wish that number would stay!

however, i'm packing to fly up to SF to visit some girlfriends, so i'm not going to push my luck...
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #120  
say what?

Ooh girls, I ate so much salty stuff and was only slightly below my maintenance calories. I dread the scale tomorrow. Maybe I will just avoid the scale for a day.

Edit: I worried over nothing. Still at 140.2. Any other day I'd be annoyed, now I'm just relieved. Hihi.

Edit 2: OMG, we just had easter breakfast and I thought I did well having only 2 mini kaiser rolls and some different stuff on half of each roll. But mortadella is very calorie dense. Dang. 2 slices, 110 calories. A lil bit of mayo on my egg, 80 calories. So my 'super small' breakfast ends up in 470 calories! This is gonna be a hard day. So much more food to come. I don't wanna. lol.

Last edited by philana; 04-08-2012 at 03:57 AM.