Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152.2/151.6/125

Height: 5'5.5"

Default How badly do you want it (this time)?

I don't always feel motivated to maintain a certain weight. It seems that I've fluctuated between 135 and 150 for the last 5 or 6 years, mostly staying toward 140. However, my ideal weight would be 125 as that was where I looked and felt my best. I often think that I don't attain my ideal weight because I just don't want it badly enough.

If you've also been one to fluctuate in your weight, how badly do you want it this time? Was there a catalyst that you feel makes this time different from any other times you've lost weight?

Just looking for a little inspiration!
BabyGotBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

I can totally relate to this line of thinking. My lowest adult weight was 129 (for about 5 minutes) but it felt ah-MAZING. I tend to settle between 150-160, depending on my motivation over that period of time.

My 30th bday is coming up in October and I would lurve to be solidly (and maintainably) in the 130s (or lower) by then. That's just about 3 lbs a month (for a total of 30 lbs).

It's definitely the long-term, steady motivation that is the hardest.
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #3  
Crazygurl61

S/C/G: 165/154.7/115

Height: 5'2

Me too. My lowest as an adult was 123 for like 5 seconds. I think sometimes when you have less to loose it also takes more work, so you are less likely to be motivated. I don't know!
crazygurl61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 137/133/115

Height: 5'4"

I am so ready to get back down to 115. That is my ideal weight. It seems low, but it just works really well on my frame and my belly pooch goes away. I want it pretty badly, and it feels within reach because before I had my son I had reached 118. I know how to do it, and I know I CAN do it this time!
kwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #5  
i will not quit!!

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5ft 6

i find it hard to keep the motivation but this time i know is different because i went to my dads side of the family for xmas and i was the only larger one there and it was really dis heartening so im determined for next xmas im gonna be a different person and im gonna shed the pounds. also helps when my own parents dont belive i can do it, almost as if they have no faith in me. i will do it. just stay focused and believe in yourself, anything is possible if you just believe
makemeskinnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152.2/151.6/125

Height: 5'5.5"

I have no doubt that everyone here can achieve what they want to.

Makemeskinny: Your reply made me think of a Dateline special I saw about the power of negative motivation. The participants were photographed in swimsuits and told that, if they didn't lose weight over a certain period of time, the photos would be publicized. Wouldn't you know, everyone lost weight! Won't it be great to prove your parents wrong!
BabyGotBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/215/152

Height: 5'6"

I just want to be healthy -- I'm tired of feeling sick and tired.
Healthhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hmm..I want it, but I'm not sure if I want it badly enough. I have to work out 6 days a week and eat a low-cal, clean diet to get below 130. I'm already in the middle of my healthy weight range and I've got a boyfriend and my life is pretty great...so I'm having a hard time finding the motivation. I also realized that no one even noticed the 15lbs I just this fall, maybe they would if I got to my goal though.

You guys can do it!!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #9  

Height: 5'0"

I want it. Badly.

I felt great at 104, decent at 108, and lousy once I hit the 112 mark. Just a few pounds difference, I know, but it means a lot on my short body (5'0").

This time, I want it so bad that I can taste it.
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

At 38 I have never been overweight. I think that is why it's been so difficult for me to commit. I wanted to look a certain way, and I was happier when I managed to, but at 129 I was still thin and healthy from 20 years of weight training. So, I struggled for years to work toward my goal, and when I actually did get on track and got down to 112/113, I always gained it back right away.

This time I've been at 108 for more than a year. I'm committed because 1) I like the way I look best at this size and 2) I don't want to drop the weight again. But #2 is THE reason, of course, because, as I say, #1 never worked for me. This was the third time for me that I got close (though I dropped and gained five pounds over and over for years) and the first time that I actually made it to goal. This is it.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-11-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #11  

I want it really bad this time. So very very very bad.

Always had issues with my looks, even when I was a 'skinny girl' @ 120. My friends always had boyfriends, and I was always the 3rd wheel...had plenty of guy friends. Just never got asked out on a date. So I just assumed I was 'the ugly friend'.

At work, I was always the 'odd woman out', the girls didn't like me, they'd backstab, call me names, throw me under the bus, and again I figured that I was 'the ugly girl'.

For the last year, I have managed to keep 15 pounds off. I'm guessing that was 'stress weight' from my last job. This time is different, this time I don't want people to see me and think 'that's the the ugly girl'. I want them to think 'hey, she looks like a really nice person' I want to get to know her.

I am so sick of people judging others based on their looks.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote