3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   How Many Pounds Does it Take to Make a Visible Difference on Your Frame? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/247050-how-many-pounds-does-take-make-visible-difference-your-frame.html)

Soon2BSlender 11-15-2011 05:14 PM

At least you girls can wear baby dolls or flowy dresses and none will be the wiser. Much harder to cover up fat arms while showing off a flat tummy. If I just lipo-d my arms I would probably appear 20 lbs thinner.

Ryler832 11-15-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soon2BSlender (Post 4109253)
At least you girls can wear baby dolls or flowy dresses and none will be the wiser. Much harder to cover up fat arms while showing off a flat tummy. If I just lipo-d my arms I would probably appear 20 lbs thinner.

I think I can rock any type of dress or shirt as long as it has sleeves. I'm too self conscious about my arms. They are big in comparison to my body shape. I went to see a surgeon about Lipo for my arms. He refused to do it. :?:

Quote:

Originally Posted by runningfromfat (Post 4108840)
Funny, I'm also hourglass-ish and also carry a lot of weight in my upper arms (although almost none in my face). I never made a connection there, I wonder if it's pretty common?

My mom has the same issue with large arms. I don't know if it has to do with body shape or not but I'm seeing a small trend here. :D

runningfromfat 11-16-2011 05:17 AM

Soon2BSlender- 3/4 lengths sleeves are my friend. ;) That or just going sleeveless. Anything in between seems to just draw more attention to them. I agree it stinks because most shirts are short sleeved or cap sleeved. :( I still own a ton of them simply because it's hard to find anything else! I do have a dress, though, that I plan to remove the sleeve all together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryler832 (Post 4109447)
My mom has the same issue with large arms. I don't know if it has to do with body shape or not but I'm seeing a small trend here. :D

Yeah, I'm really surprised by this! I never once made the connection between my body shape and the size of my arms.

indiblue 11-17-2011 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaTcan (Post 4109196)
Catgirl - I'm the same as you thin face, legs and arms but round in the middle.
When I was a kid people used to say I looked like a bumble bee :(

I'm the opposite! I have thick upper arms and THICK thighs, but a very small torso/middle.

Soon2BSlender 11-17-2011 09:43 AM

I really am noticing a trend here...

fromthebox 11-17-2011 10:15 AM

1) Current weight 136.6
2) How tall are you? 5'6" on the dot
3) Are you generally a small/medium/large build? Medium/Large
4) How many pounds do you have to lose before YOU can see it? two or more. Likewise, being up two will make me feel/look terrible.
5) How many before people start to comment?
This is a tough one. I didn't get comments until I'd dropped 30 lbs, and even then I didn't get much until it was about 45lbs, at which point people got concerned, told me to not lose any more and that I looked good at my then-weight, around 155. I've been stable at 135 for 6 months, and last month I dropped two pounds and wouldn't you know, the "have you lost more weight? Q's started (of course I've put 3lbs back on and no one notices that thank goodness)

I say Med/large frame because I have fine boned extremities but my torso is built like a good nordic person. My rib cage is 28" at it's base, I don't think I could slip my hips into size 2's or 25's even if they were literally just the bones my frame is just that wide. (I wear 6's now and can see my hip bones [I'm 38"-28"-36"])

Oh, and Catgirl, if you are 5'6" 140ish and your friend's hubby called you "husky?" I'd have some words with him over that. Just me, but yeah, I might deck him too. :D

banananutmuffin 11-24-2011 07:16 PM

- 114 lbs
- 5'0"
- Small frame
- I notice a difference around 5 lbs
- Other people notice a difference around 10 lbs, depending on how long it's been since they've seen me and what I'm wearing

I'm an inverted triangle. My shoulders are wider than my hips, plus I have apple tendencies (hello stomach pooch). My butt is flat, my chest is big, and I have a bit of extra flab around my armpits that look like extra boobs. I haven't worn tank tops in ages.

PaintedButterfly 01-03-2012 02:32 PM

1) Current weight 148lbs
2) How tall are you? 5ft 10
3) Are you generally a small/medium/large build? Small
4) How many pounds do you have to lose before YOU can see it? 15-20lbs
5) How many before people start to comment? 10lbs

Am I the only one that finds other people see it far before I do?

krampus 01-03-2012 05:06 PM

1) Current weight
~135 lbs, haven't weighed in a couple days

2) How tall are you?
ALMOST 5'5 but really probably 5'4 and a half

3) Are you generally a small/medium/large build?
Tiny, I accumulate most in my legs.

4) How many pounds do you have to lose before YOU can see it?

Honestly at this size I'd notice 2-3.

My mom noticed when I gained about 5 lbs - other people never comment.

My face and my thighs/midsection are where any new pounds go to/come off from.

kwinkle 01-03-2012 05:52 PM

1) Current weight

2) How tall are you?
5' 4"

Medium frame

Probaby 10 pounds, but I guess I never can see it. It is all in how my clothes fit!

I start yo get skinny comments at 120 pounds. Anything more than that and no one says a word.

ames 01-04-2012 11:38 AM

1) Current weight

2) How tall are you?
4'11

Not sure - medium maybe

Honestly - because I am so short I notice even a 2 pound weightloss. I may not SEE it but I can FEEL it.

Sometimes as little as 5 pounds (remember - I am insanely short), but it can depend on how long it has been since I have seen them.

habakuktwo 06-17-2012 07:39 PM

1) 128
2)5'4
3) I'm a medium built pear shape
4) Well when I first started my journey Feb of 2011 people began commenting after 10lbs, they said my face had thinned out.
5) 10-15lbs

Astrild 06-18-2012 12:38 AM

1) Current weight 130
2) How tall are you? 5'8
3) Are you generally a small/medium/large build? Small-medium I think.
4) How many pounds do you have to lose before YOU can see it? I can vaguely see a difference after 15lbs.
5) How many before people start to comment? My weight has done up and down between 130-150 a few times. The only time anyone seemed to notice was when I went from 150 to 125 one time. That's 25lbs!

claristotle 06-18-2012 01:10 AM

1) Current weight
2) How tall are you?
5'10"
I'd say medium
About 3-5. I carry all my weight in my lower body, and when I'm dieting the weight loss shows more in my stomach area (even though I don't really have any thing to lose in that area!). I see those muscles coming through, and I known I've lost weight.
I've never had anyone comment on my weight loss really. So I'm thinking 15-20 pounds. My roommate will notice if I've lost some weight only because I usually tell her lol.

Kayriel 06-18-2012 09:21 AM

1) Current weight
105 lbs.

2) How tall are you?
5'1"

Small. 5 inch wrists. Although my mum used to tell me I was big boned when I was at my highest weight (probably to make me feel better!).

Roughly 5lbs. I can usually tell by my waist and stomach which is where all my weight gathers.

My mum will notice at 5lbs but for everyone else it's 7-10lbs.