3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   What clothes can/can't you wear, no matter your weight? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/242103-what-clothes-can-cant-you-wear-no-matter-your-weight.html)

Lula Belle 09-08-2011 05:16 PM

Skinny jeans. Or jeggings. I just have a really wide rear end... Haha! It makes my butt and hips look gigantic, and not in the sexy J. Lo way... More like in the flat'n'wide sort of way. I have a narrow torso, too, so that just intensifies the reality with a really distorted illusion that I'm normal on top and twice as big on bottom.

I also can't wear ANYTHING without a bra. My ladies are fine (more than fine, in a nice bra!), but they they'll never be described as "perky".

yoyoma 09-09-2011 11:16 AM

I have never looked good with my shirt tucked in -- even at my thinnest and certainly not at my heaviest.

Anything that displays my upper thighs is not good for me. There are "chipmunk cheeks" (now with wrinkles!) at the top of my inner thighs. I am going to try a noninvasive procedure in a month to see if they can be improved.

ennay 09-09-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khat (Post 4022547)
I can't wear strapless dresses. I have this weird armpit fat thing going and it just doesn't look right when I put it on.. .

This

Astrild 09-09-2011 03:36 PM

Skinnies... my legs and hips are just fine and everything but my rump just isn't cut out for it. I'm fine with how I am, but look better in other things!

dangerouscurves76 09-09-2011 04:10 PM

I'm pear shaped which means I'm a size 6 on top. And a 8 or 10 on the bottom. :dizzy:

Not an option: short shorts, jumpers, mini skirts, prints on the bottom, or jeans w/o tons of spandex!

But the trade off is I usually look good in wrap dresses, belted clothing, anything tailored and cinched at the waist. :D

kwrong 09-10-2011 09:38 AM

Skinny jeans-my legs will always be too thick.

And high boots because my calves are too large! I know that some brands make them in "wide" though, but only certain styles.

OhThePlaces 09-10-2011 02:03 PM

Strapless is not a good look for me. I have big boobs (34DD) and after having two babies in two years, it sadly takes some work to keep them up where they should be! When we're sure we're done having babies, I want a reduction & lift.

Same goes for ruffles on the bust and empire waist anything.

fromthebox 09-10-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhThePlaces (Post 4027534)
Strapless is not a good look for me. I have big boobs (34DD) and after having two babies in two years, it sadly takes some work to keep them up where they should be! When we're sure we're done having babies, I want a reduction & lift.

Same goes for ruffles on the bust and empire waist anything.

+1
Jeans. Why is it so hard to fit jeans?
I try to avoid jeans that rise too high. I'm not a 3" so-low you have to shave kind of girl but all the mid-rise and above <6" rise all assume that I have a size 6 waist to go with my size 6 hips and make me look pudgy. I'm damn proud of my 28" waist but being 38"-28"-36" means higher-waist pants that flatter my *** are too small at waist and pants that fit my waist are saggy and deflated over my non-existent booty. I miss my booty :(
I also generally find that the proportions are off between thighs and booty. I have some great, thigh-clingy jeans that make my legs look slim, but they have NO butt room. So I guess my response is "jeans suck!"

Jubilee 09-15-2011 09:11 AM

I seriously thought I was the only person with an armpit fat problem. It's mainly the right armpit. I have more fat on my armpit than my stomach. I've accepted it now however and don't mind too much if it shows as long as what I am wearing doesn't highlight it.

runningfromfat 09-15-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 4033545)
I seriously thought I was the only person with an armpit fat problem. It's mainly the right armpit. I have more fat on my armpit than my stomach. I've accepted it now however and don't mind too much if it shows as long as what I am wearing doesn't highlight it.

You might find this blog interesting: http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

Basically, underarm fat is normally from a poorly fitting bra.

Panacea86 09-15-2011 11:21 AM

Despite how fat I've been, I can always wear a cardigan.
No matter how thin I get, I don't think I will ever be able to wear a white tshirt.

Thighs Be Gone 09-15-2011 11:38 AM

I look like a crack ho in skinny jeans..they never, ever look right on me. Empire waisted anything makes me look like I have a bun in the oven. I also cannot wear those boxy looking pancho things so many women are wearing this season. I look like I should be playing for the Patriots or something.

PearlElizabeth 09-16-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khat (Post 4022547)
I can't wear strapless dresses. I have this weird armpit fat thing going and it just doesn't look right when I put it on.. I also can't wear skirts that end above the knees. But dresses that end above the knee are fine. Weird ..

LOL "armpit fat"
This made me laugh! Oh the dreaded armpit fat... I have this as well!

I never have been able to wear shorts even at my thinnest of 130ish.... and I certainly cannot wear them now!

Ryler832 09-16-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jubilee (Post 4033545)

I have this problem too and I don't know if it'll go away. Mine is more prominate on the left side. I hate it. Tube tops won't look good on me with these armpit fats rolling over the top. :D

runningfromfat 09-16-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryler832 (Post 4035398)
I have this problem too and I don't know if it'll go away. Mine is more prominate on the left side. I hate it. Tube tops won't look good on me with these armpit fats rolling over the top. :D

Ladies please get a bra fitting done!

I just can't repeat this enough!!!!

Quote:

You might find this blog interesting: http://www.thinandcurvy.com/2011/02/...a-fitting.html

Basically, underarm fat is normally from a poorly fitting bra.