3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   August Feathers Chat! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/239691-august-feathers-chat.html)

krampus 08-03-2011 08:10 AM

NOOO I typed a long post and lost it.

SparkNotes version:
-Weighed 136 Monday when I woke up. Weighed 132 yesterday and 131 today.
-Haven't slept still. Ran 3 miles, walked 4, and went to Zumba class yesterday to try and make myself tired.
-May be a new born Zumba addict, it was much more fun than I expected it would be!

fivestone 08-03-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 3970732)
NOOO I typed a long post and lost it.

SparkNotes version:
-Weighed 136 Monday when I woke up. Weighed 132 yesterday and 131 today.
-Haven't slept still. Ran 3 miles, walked 4, and went to Zumba class yesterday to try and make myself tired.
-May be a new born Zumba addict, it was much more fun than I expected it would be!

Glad you made it back over there in one piece! Hope things go well for you getting settled, and you've got me curious about Zumba; will have to check it out at some point! :)

skinnyelle39 08-03-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philana (Post 3969780)
I didn't think I had actual food issues except pure laziness. But now I start to notice, if there's bad food in the house - I can NOT control myself. I just have to have it. It's super easy for me to just not buy the bad stuff. But when it's here I am so screwed.

Hahaha! This is sooo me lol!

nikkinouille 08-03-2011 09:32 AM

Hey everyone! Happy August. Where has the time gone?! I joined 3FC on 6-21-11, weighing in at 145. Side note: My highest-ever weight was 156. I had shot up from 127 in almost NO time as a side effect of Paxil. And we all know it is harder to come off than it is to go on ;)

But anywho, as of this morning I am down to 136 from my 145 on 6/21. I have to say, I am pretty proud of myself. I notice I am slimmer. I am fitting into things I haven't fit into in forever. I actually got a huuuuge bag of clothes that are now too big for me together last night & I plan on taking them to Good Will or something of the like. My goal weight is 125 so I am almost half way there!

My boyfriend has been gone almost three weeks now for some training for the military. He gets back tomorrow & I cannot wait to see him!!! His 24th bday is this Friday, in two days. We are both trying to pinch pennies so he told me I wasn't allowed to get him anything. Obviously, he is getting presents so I got creative. I made him a humongous posterboard bday card, a scrapbook full of pics of us & movie stubs, tickets from games we have been to, his speeding ticket from our beach trip, etc. Lol. Oh and he is a huge FL Gators fan so tomorrow I am making him a Gator made of cupcakes, complete with the colored icing, eyeballs, teeth, and the whole nine yards. Wish me luck! ;)

Hope everyone has a great day!

fitmom 08-03-2011 10:00 AM

Well, I ran this morning after a week and a half of not, lol. Did 3.1 miles in 27 minutes. Not bad, I think for adding on 1/10 of a mile. Although I'm kind of sore so I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow. Tonight is Pilates so that may stave off any undue soreness.

Has anyone heard this? I was on the Discovery Health Network website last night and read that I should be taking my weight (117 lbs.) and multiplying that by 12 to get me my caloric daily intake which would equal roughly 1400 calories! Not enough to sustain me. Maybe they meant that for someone who was more sedentary than me. I could never eat that little especially on the days I run or do HIIT. I need like 1800 calories to power through those grueling workouts. I'm totally confused.

sumire: Thanks, glad to be back but not really, lol. I love living the vacation lifestyle. One week of no cooking or making beds or anything. This mom was happy, happy, happy.

nikkinouille: That's awesome about the weight loss!! When the scale moves in the right direction, it's cause for a celebration. I was on Paxil years ago and I didn't gain any weight, isn't that weird? I guess everyone's different. Oh, that's so nice about your bf coming home. My hubby travels once a year to Vegas for a conference and I miss him like crazy! I'm in awe at anyone who can bake. I love to cook but baking is so not my thing.

philana: Glad to see that your weight is holding steady. That's always a good thing.

krampus: That happens to me sometimes - I type out a long post and it vanishes, lol.

skinnyelle39: Isn't that so true? It's like the junk food is calling your name, seriously.

This afternoon it's more of me trying to teach my younger son how to ride a bike sans training wheels. He actually was getting it yesterday. My older son was showing him how to do it. I love that the kids are getting older, lol. Less work for me...sometimes. Haha

Dorian5 08-03-2011 11:36 AM

123.2 this morning after a hard run last night, so I think I'm even lower than that. Time will tell, I'm excited about my weigh in on Friday, I've been doing GREAT this week! I managed to have ONE serving of animals crackers last night with a mug of unsweetened almond milk, it hit the spot. ;)

But, I am so tired today. I have been for the past few days. I worry that I don't get enough iron, I don't generally eat red meat. Not that I avoid it on purpose, I just eat lean chicken breast and turkey instead. Plus, I'm not very good about taking my multivitamin, I'll have to make sure I get it in at lunch (if I don't take it after eating I get so, so sick.) Maybe I'll ask the boyfriend to make steak for dinner. :lol:

I am going to get a drink with a friend after work, he is leaving tomorrow to go back to Texas. I convinced him to do a drink instead of dinner to save myself from spending calories and cash while dining out. I am trying to decide what to get to drink. My FAVORITE is gin and tonic, but no where carries diet tonic yet, so it's a little calorie heavy to order at a bar. Diet coke and rum? Maybe just a light beer? Hmmm, decisions.

Hope everyone is doing well! :hug: And yeah, fitmom, that calorie allotment does sound low... That's supposed to be maintenance? 1400?

ETA: I really love avocados, but I haven't eaten them during my weight loss efforts due my fear of how high-calorie they are, even though I know they're full of good stuff. Well, I started working half of one into my lunch salad each day. I'm totally obsessed with them now and I like to save as many chunks as I can for the last bite of salad, like I used to do with the Lucky Charm marshmallows as a kid. :lol:

nikkinouille 08-03-2011 03:48 PM

@ Dorian - I looooove avocado too! Enjoy :)

jens10 08-03-2011 05:04 PM

Congrats to everyone!

nikkinouille- I'm totally amazed by your progress! And hope you enjoy your time with the BF, the cupcakes sound delish.

I do not have progress to report, but feel pretty good about maintaining over a 2 week vacation without access to a gym or a kitchen. Eating every meal at a country club or restaurant was a test of will power. Hope to lose 4 pounds by September 1. Doable?

jens10 08-03-2011 05:06 PM

Oh, and avacados with salt and lime are so good...

ann71 08-03-2011 07:38 PM

Sorry for no personals. I will try to post better in the next few days. After some mediocre eating, last week, my weigh in today was only .5 pounds up from my lowest, so that was a relief. I've been exercising a ton, because the weather is just perfect for it now, highs around 80 every day, with a nice breeze most days.

Amy3680 08-03-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitmom (Post 3970945)

Has anyone heard this? I was on the Discovery Health Network website last night and read that I should be taking my weight (117 lbs.) and multiplying that by 12 to get me my caloric daily intake which would equal roughly 1400 calories! Not enough to sustain me. Maybe they meant that for someone who was more sedentary than me. I could never eat that little especially on the days I run or do HIIT. I need like 1800 calories to power through those grueling workouts. I'm totally confused.

This afternoon it's more of me trying to teach my younger son how to ride a bike sans training wheels. He actually was getting it yesterday. My older son was showing him how to do it. I love that the kids are getting older, lol. Less work for me...sometimes. Haha

I just double checked stumptuous (sorry can't post link, it's the Diets 101 Part 2 article), it recommends 8-12x bodyweight depending on gender, age, and activity level if you are trying to lose weight. When I counted calories, I used 10x bodyweight. It also says 13-16x for maintenance. I would think if you are building muscle and losing fat at the same rate due to training/diet, you need maintenance calories even though you are getting leaner/smaller. Any thoughts?

I'm just trying to get DD to ride the tricycle we got for her birthday. She can't quite reach the pedals well enough when the wheel turns, she's short like her mama. :)

philana 08-04-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jens10 (Post 3971853)
Oh, and avacados with salt and lime are so good...

My personal favorite! Basically the only way I eat avacado! Though I prefer lemon instead of lime.

nikki - I love how creative you get with little money! I am trying to learn the same thing after having spent so much when I had it I now need to adjust to spending less because I don't.. haha. And this time around I intend to actually save up more money than one can spent being without a job for 2 months. LOL.

dorian - how exciting! the best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow :D and I envy your self control!!! hihi. That's my next thing to tackle.

ann - it's always nice when off plan days don't result in major off plan weight ;) goodluck with it!

--
Well, I am super excited. I haven't been using an app to count my calories, So I know i've not been doing so great on it. I start counting again today because otherwise it's hard to stay around 1250cals. Anyhow - the reason I am excited is because I was able to drag myself out of bed and go for a c25k run (w1d2) before I went to work. This whole weightloss thing is really just a personal growth thing. I am learning so much, from self discipline to learning to push muy own boundaries. And also that things I thought I couldn't do for the past 25yrs, I actually AM DOING with a lot of enjoyment. I am just constantly psyched. I am more psyched about that than about the weight loss. After 6kg/13lbs in a lil less than a month I really don't see as big a physical change as I notice a mental change.

Hoping to start noticing the physical change as I keep creeping closer to goal weight though. Kinda silly how 6kg down the road people don't notice a thing. Though I know I've been hiding the upperbody weight neatly the past year and my legs are in no way smaller yet. LOL

Have a great day Feathers!

fitmom 08-04-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy3680 (Post 3972344)
I just double checked stumptuous (sorry can't post link, it's the Diets 101 Part 2 article), it recommends 8-12x bodyweight depending on gender, age, and activity level if you are trying to lose weight. When I counted calories, I used 10x bodyweight. It also says 13-16x for maintenance. I would think if you are building muscle and losing fat at the same rate due to training/diet, you need maintenance calories even though you are getting leaner/smaller. Any thoughts?

I'm just trying to get DD to ride the tricycle we got for her birthday. She can't quite reach the pedals well enough when the wheel turns, she's short like her mama. :)

That actually sounds more on the money. 1400 calories for someone who exercises as much as me is just too low IMO. Thanks. We are doing the same thing: I'm trying to teach my DS who's 6 to ride without training wheels, he's almost got it. Almost. LOL.

fitmom 08-04-2011 08:32 AM

philana: My sister is your height and weight and she looks amazing, very muscular. No one ever guesses her true weight because the muscle makes her look smaller. I'm sure you look great even if you didn't lose another pound IMO. The mental part of losing weight and feeling good is half the battle. I'm so excited for you!!

Dorian5: Avocados are my new favorite condiment. Try it in place of lowfat mayonnaise on a turkey sandwich with lettuce on whole wheat bread. It's awesome. Sometimes I put a slice or two on my steamed brown rice with a few grape tomatoes for a light lunch. Delicious!

krampus: Is it weird to say that I thought of you when I landed in JFK a few days ago?!? Glad the move went well. Good to see you arrived here safely.

I did my cheat meal yesterday for lunch. Wednesday at lunch works for me for some reason. Anyway, I had a bowl of full-fat macaroni and cheese, a glass of white cranberry juice, a pickle and 4 nutter butter cookies for dessert. My older son likened my cheat meal to putting gas in your car once a week so it can run properly. I love that analogy. It's nice to see he's starting to listen when I talk to him about being healthy. The boy can learn, lol. ;)

Well, I did my Pilates last night. I'm still sore but it did help soothe the muscles somewhat. I look forward to it because after the morning run, I needed something gentle to relax me. My hubby came home early to paint my younger son's room so I was doing my exercises at 10 p.m. which is usually when I go to bed. I'm just exhausted today. Tonight is my weight training and core work.

I always think of you ladies whenever I work out now. It's nice to know I have people I can talk to about this even if only in the 'virtual world'. Have a nice Thursday everyone!! :)

nikkinouille 08-04-2011 10:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
jens10 - thanks! :)

philana - thank you & congrats on getting started on your c25k!

Well ladies, I finished the Gator (cup)cake! I got off work at 6 last night. Got home around 6:30 & got started right away. Ran out of green icing 4 cupcakes in!! LOL i had to go back out and buy more. Oh, and I had to make the orange icing myself because I couldn't find what I needed pre-made. Let me tell you, mixing icing is a P.I.T.A!!! My hands were so sore after. Haha. Anyway, 3 hours later - here was the final product! I am really hoping he likes it. Only a couple more hours & I will have the verdict ;)