Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/130/120

Height: 5 ft 4"

Default Gaining weight and losing inches

Over the past month my goals was to work on toning muscle, general fitness and overall losing about 5 pounds. It's been pretty intense (spending about 3-5 hours everyday doing various aerobic and pilates exercises) and I stepped onto the scales today for the first time in a good long while and discovered that I had gained a whole 5 pounds! So I quickly broke out the tape measure to discover that although I had gained weight my measurements went down from:

Bust- 38 inches
Waist- 26.5 inches
Hips- 37.5

to:

Bust- 37.5 inches
Waist- 25 inches
Hips- 36 inches

Now I'm assuming that some of the weight I gained MUST have been fat as there is no way I could have built that much muscle in just under a month. Has anyone else experienced similar results?
Chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 137/115/107

Height: 5'2"

That's awesome! You've obviously replaced some fat with muscle, right? Congrats!

How does it go? It's not that muscle weighs more than fat, it's that a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat
skinny fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 130/120/115

Height: 5'2"

You've got some awesome curves, I'm so jealous! Remember that weight training causes your muscles to retain water, and that if you're doing intense training it can take a full 48 hours for your body to recover. Try stepping on the scale after taking a 2-day break making sure you drink tons of water throughout the day to flush yourself out...if you're willing to wait that long. If not, then you're seeing the progress! You know you're getting there!
mimi86 is offline   Reply With Quote