Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #1  

Default seven pounds in one month

Hey, I have like a stone (14lbs) to lose and am trying to do it healthily, so I don't relapse, binge, crave stuff I'm forbidding myself, so I've set myself a goal loss of 7lbs before the beginning of August. I am currently 130 lbs so am trying to get down to 23...I know this might sound slow, but any support would be super helpful. Thanks guys.
Heleninedinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #2  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

Even at your height (which I see from a previous post is 5'0"), starting at your weight and losing 7 pounds in a month sounds pretty fast to me, unless you're carrying quite a bit of water weight. Do be careful about overly restricting, because as you probably know, this can lead to the dreaded binge/restrict cycle. (Have you checked out the Chicks in Control forum, btw?) Sorry if I sound like I'm mothering you, I just hate to see folks get discouraged (and often quit) when they're actually making progress, just not meeting their own high expectations.

At any rate, good luck on your journey to better health!
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree! That's fast! Once I hit 170 it's taken me about 2 weeks to lose each lb. Once you're close to ideal weight it comes off loads slower.

Good luck with your goals!

Last edited by ValRock; 07-03-2011 at 04:44 PM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 139/130/120

Height: 5 ft 4"

well that averages out to just under 2 pounds a week which although difficult is not necessarily impossible I've got a similar goal myself but I'm mainly focusing on my bust/waist/hip measurements going down rather than the scales as I really want to build up my lean muscle. I recommend running in the mornings as that generally gives me the energy I need for the day and motivates me to exercise throughout the day. Also I see your name is heleninENDINBURGH does that mean you're in scotland? if so then yaaay! :3 You are the first fellow scottish person I have met on this site. just thought you'd like to know :P
Chooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

It doesn't mean she's necessarily Scottish, though, about half the people in Edinburgh are English! I'm an Englishwoman living in Scotland myself.

Helen, the goal does sound a little daunting to me, and I wouldn't want you to end up giving up because you didn't meet your goal. Any particular reason why you picked it?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #6  

hey, thankyou for the replies....yeah maybe it is a ittle extreme, although that kind of loss would give my confidence a boost...maybe I'll just try for five lbs though? Also, hello fellow edinburghers.xx
Heleninedinburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

My goal is 8 lbs for the month (144 to 136) so pretty similar, although that's counting the water I'm retaining from the crazy holiday weekend I just had.

I say aim for the 7 lbs, but don't be too upset if you don't reach it because that is VERY ambitious at your weight. Good luck!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote