Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Default Can I join the Feathers for five (or ten) more pounds?

I'm having trouble believing that I should be anywhere near the Featherweights forum. I've lurked here a bit, and maybe posted on occasion, but in my head it feels like this is where the thin people are, and my inner fat girl keeps telling me I don't belong here.

I think I probably do, though. I've been losing for about a year, and have gone from around 200 pounds to 129 at today's weigh-in. That puts my BMI at 23.6, which is normal (for the first time in adulthood for me). I'm wearing size 6 and 8 pants and M and L tops, and most days I feel like I look pretty good.

However, I'm still not where I want to be. Some of that is toning - my stomach, in particular - and some of that is loose skin. But I know there's still excess fat on my body that could come off. I'm an apple shape, and would love to have a waist-to-hip ratio of under .8. I would love to have a BMI of around 21-22, which would be around 115-120 pounds. I don't want to get all wrapped up in arbitrary numbers, but I think the middle of the healthy BMI range seems like a good place to aim for.

To me, these are not vanity pounds, but I can see why some people would look at them that way. In that respect, I think this forum might be a good place to hang out and get some support. And hopefully give it!
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #2  
Yogini

S/C/G: 152/ticker/115

Height: 5' 3''

Welcome JenMusic, and congrats on your 71 pound weight loss!!! That's fantastic, what type of plan are you following? 129 definitely makes you a feather!!! And if it helps solidify this in your mind, you weigh 10 lbs less than me and I post here all the time!

You'll see we have a thread for "getting out of the 120's" (and 130's and 140's and 150's) - you fit right in!
Wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

WOW you've lost a TON of weight, especially for just one year!

Don't think of it as "vanity weight;" think of it as you getting and keeping control of your body!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

You definitely belong in featherweights.....that is the while idea to lose those last stubborn pounds ,that just seem like they don't want to leave.
Congratulations on your great loss , so far.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #5  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

welcome! Congrats on your weight loss
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement!

It's nice to to know there are others in the same boat, and we're working on this together.

ETA: Wildflower - I'm counting calories. I didn't know what the heck I was doing when I started, really, so I kind of chose 1400 a day as my limit. I stayed there for a long time (looking back at my tracker, I was probably averaging a little bit over for the first few months, maybe 1400-1450 range). I got more strict about 1400 in the fall, and now I'm closer to a 1350 average.
I don't love exercise, but I do DVDs 4-5 times a week. Mostly 30 minute circuit (cardio/strength) workouts, a la Jillian.

Last edited by JenMusic; 01-17-2011 at 12:53 PM.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Welcome! That's an amazing loss so far.

I have similar problems with my stomach. It's still there and still flops around, but for me doing a lot of pushups, ab work (simple stuff - crunches, planks, "bird dogs," Billy Blanks Tae Bo DVDs) has helped a lot. Sometimes after a particularly good workout I swear I can see where my abs would be if they "popped."
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote