3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Anyone trying to get out of the 120s? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/217711-anyone-trying-get-out-120s.html)

lackadaisy 02-04-2011 12:40 AM

Sorry girls, I'm the opposite of bottom-heavy... 35/28/36 (just measured). That makes me a size 4/6 who owns primarily size 2/4 clothes (VANITY SIZING FTW). All my weight lives on my abdomen and thighs; I had a little-but-nice butt until a week ago until I started losing... and immediately lost all the fat on it. :p

UPDATE: Even though I realize this only really matters to me, I wanted to inform you guys/myself that I did manage to go until 12 without any cupcake. And then I only ate half of it. All the tea actually managed to suppress my craving for sweets... the rest of this cupcake, kind of sad-looking, is going into the trash. :) Under 1100 for the day!

Nienna 02-04-2011 11:40 AM

Lackadaisy, congrats on resisting that cupcake! I don't think I could have thrown it away once I started eating it. So: :cp:

I really feel you guys on the fluffiness at low weights. I'm beginning to think that I must have the most ridiculously tiny frame imaginable. I seriously would not blame someone for thinking I was in the first trimester of a pregnancy, and I'm at 117! Da*n that stomach fat! I am really starting to dislike being so short, and I'm also getting worried that I'm just never going to be thin, no matter how much weight I lose. Urrrrrgh.

specialk85 02-04-2011 12:29 PM

lackadaisy...I have to agree with you...I hate exercising too...and I have a feeling thats why I have been at this weight (127lbs) for a while :( I guess its the only way thought at this point.

lackadaisy 02-04-2011 12:51 PM

Nienna, I felt the same way at your weight, which is part of the reason why I got so frustrated when I was about 115... last January? (Ugh, I've yo-yoed so much in the past four years... 115 to 135 to 115 to 127, wow...) Anyway, it's just our fat distribution, though; can't be helped -- except by lipo. :p

specialk, I finally worked out today! But yeah, agree, it sucks. A relaxed 9-minute mile (my first in months, ha) and 40 minutes of weight lifting. Hardly broke a sweat, so I'll obviously have to step it up tomorrow.

Weighed in at 125.8 today. Really frustrated -- that's only half a pound in almost a week -- granted, I didn't work out at all, but I stayed around 1200 calories a day. Well, serves me right for not exercising... I also ate salsa and chips late last night (my vice); hopefully my weigh-in includes water retention from the sodium, and I'll see a whoosh soon.

EDIT: Maddd munchies. Only an hour after lunch, my stomach is already rumbling. This is highly unpleasant... I think I only ate a small lunch but my calorie counter says it was 500 kcal. Sigh.

EDIT 2, "So I don't become a spammer" EDITION: Just reweighed myself -- I'm 125.0!!! WHAT. My profile is no longer a lie! Life is good. :)

pinkrunner115 02-04-2011 09:09 PM

I've been reading everyone's posts (that sounds creepy for some reason) and I seem to be the opposite. I love to work out and run about 35 miles a week, but I have absolutely the WORST eating habits. That cupcake would have been gone in about 2 minutes if it was in front of me. I eat so much junk food, I know that's why I don't lose. People constantly ask me how I run so much yet stay the same weight... I eat. A LOT. I'm really trying to get that under control. Is anyone else the same?

lackadaisy 02-04-2011 09:33 PM

pinkrunner... yeah, totally cannot sympathize with you there. :( Sorry.

EDIT: I mentioned earlier that I had a birthday party to attend tonight. The theme? "A milk and cookies party" -- and true to the claim, it had an amazing cookie spread, chocolate cupcakes, hot chocolate, tea, (Irish) coffee, chocolate beer tastings, dark chocolate tastings... my friend went all-out planning this, and of course I had to go and I had to try everything.

Well, here's me being accountable: even tipsy now, I have to acknowledge eating: pretzels to fill up beforehand (60 kcal); one orange (90 kcal); two caramel cookies (80 kcal); four ginger snap cookies (100 kcal); one irish coffee (80 kcal); two minibiscotti (about 100 kcal); other cookies (100 kcal); tiny bits of other things like beer and chocolate (50 kcal). I might be overestimating, but I'm afraid I'm not... I don't know the brands and facts for all these but they're basically junk so I''m planning to add them in my LoseIt tracker as one lump: 660 kcal blowout at a party, giving me a 'maintenance' number of 1800 kcal for the day. :(

I guess I'll be running for three miles tomorrow morning and trying to get right back on plan again.

pinkrunner115 02-05-2011 11:48 AM

Given that you were at a party, you shouldn't be too disappointed- I would have done far worse in terms of food.
The frustrating thing is that we just got a ton of snow here; if it were a few inches, I could run in it, but given that it's almost up to my knees, I have to go to the gym. I feel so much better when I get to go outside and run.

lackadaisy 02-05-2011 04:54 PM

Thanks pinkrunner -- yeah, it's hard to keep from beating myself up but I have to remember that that kind of behavior will only lead to guilt and unhealthy relationships with food in the future. :) I sort-of rationalize it as "cycling"; the plan is to log under 1000 today so it more or less evens out.

I finally uploaded an avatar -- I'm so happy that my 3lbs loss has helped me fit into this S/M belt that I'm letting my chin/neck fat neuroses go for now. The outfit is cute but shows off the "softness" I'm trying to tone up... My hope is that within a few weeks, this shirt will fit more loosely and the skirt/belt will show off the new WAIST I've earned. :)

lackadaisy 02-12-2011 04:29 PM

Have been gaining weight for the past four days, though staying on plan and working out every day. It's so hard to keep control without the feedback of the scale during my period; I'm getting incredibly impatient. Today I weighed in at 125.2 (but during the day it would jump as high as 128). This is crazy.

I expect a whoosh for the ages when this week is up. :p

krampus 02-13-2011 07:18 PM

After 3 days in Seoul I am now well out of the 120s. See you guys later, I hope...

Ciao 02-13-2011 09:27 PM

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/...3f6c4a0d5a.jpg
Bleh. Binged my way up from 124.4 to 129.8.
Not sure how much I weigh now, I'm
working it off!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5161/...e986e6e58e.jpg

Ashley89 02-14-2011 03:14 PM

wow im barely here.. lol 129.4 haha.. hope to not stay too long!

lackadaisy 02-14-2011 05:22 PM

Welcome, Ashley!

Yeah, I'm still stuck here b/c of TOM. There better be a whoosh in the next few days, let me tell you... !!! Haha. It appears the 120s are a 'decade' fraught with close-to-goal collapses and binging and bodies simply refusing to budge, so we'll be here for a while. But maintaining in the 120s isn't so bad.

Lisa1971 02-15-2011 08:33 AM

Hi Ladies...I feel like the fatty here since I am so short and stuck in the 120's! I started out on January 24 at 126.5 pounds. Last time I was that weight I was 4 months pregnant. I weighed myself yesterday in the morning and was 121.5 and then later on was 120. Go figure. I seem to hover around 121, 122. ugh. I would be ok with 115. Have a medium/large frame and carry it well at that weight. I have thryroid and hormone issues so I don't think I will ever see below 110 again...sigh. Being 40 stinks, lol! Thanks for letting me vent...glad I found you all.

Crystalx5 02-15-2011 09:23 AM

I would like to join this group too. My original goal weight was set at 124, but I want to re-adjust that goal to about 117, and then re-assess where I'm at again when I hit that goal. Weight loss has be S-L-O-W for me. I'm the type that literally does not lose weight or inches for weeks on end sometimes even three of four months, then within a matter of days, rapidly lose 5-10 pounds and a few inches. Anyone else like this? Anyone know why this happens?