3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   Anyone trying to get out of the 120s? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/217711-anyone-trying-get-out-120s.html)

Crystalx5 02-23-2011 08:43 AM

[QUOTE=pinkrunner115;3725224
I'm 5'4" but I have a short torso with longer legs, so I've always felt that I look awkward and even when I'm more on the thin side, the lack of torso makes me look bigger than I actually am (I don't really know how to explain why this is, I probably notice it more because we're all more critical of ourselves).
I'm so thankful that there are people on here that are similar to me, and seeing everyone's weight loss makes me more motivated to stick to eating healthier.[/QUOTE]

Ditto! I have really long legs and my torso seems just squished on my 5'6" frame compared to my legs. I do look bigger because of this too! My torso does not seem to be on the petite side at all, it almost seems boxy in comparison to the rest of my body

lackadaisy 02-23-2011 10:29 AM

I also have a short torso!! Guh.

Inflated back up to 123.1 today. Not TOM, no justifiable symptoms, no muscle water retention... I am not happy.

Ashley89 02-23-2011 12:12 PM

I'm so stuck. My weight loss has stalled. I guess time for less calories. I desperately need to see 124. Something ... 4 # to go

Lisa1971 02-23-2011 09:43 PM

Today was hard. I was hungry and fought going over the calories/carbs. I am so jealous of you ladies who have long legs and a short torso. I have short legs AND a short torso, but most people guess my weight as less than what it really is, so I am thinking it's not so bad. But being less than 5 feet stinks because every extra pound shows. And for some reason, I weighed myself today and the scale said 118.5. I should be happy but as crazy as this sounds, I don't feel it. I don't have that "light" feeling you sometimes get when you know you have lost weight, or worked out hard and drank a ton of water, then woke up the next day lighter. Who knows! I have been real careful with the carbs and under a lot of stress, so maybe that was it.

inteventionn 02-23-2011 10:07 PM

LISA, and i thought i was the only one here. not only was i crazy hungry today, but i am also short, all over. but maybe shortER legs. because i have always been seemingly flexible but sometimes i just say it's because i have short legs. ANYWAY,

YOU'RE THERE. You'll feel it at some point. Us crazy girls, our minds think some crazy things sometimes.

it reminds me of this feature they had in some womens magazine. they took a picture of a woman everyday, same time of the day, wearing the same sports bra and shorts...she would describe how she thought she looked each day, you know, I abs. hate my legs today. next day, i think i look okay today :) and...from the pictures she obviously looked the same everydamnday.

so, idk exactly where everyone lives but i just got a ton of snow, AGAIN and i am blaming that on how down ive been feeling on my progress.

krampus 02-23-2011 10:09 PM

I felt SO thin this morning but I weigh the same as yesterday. Hate when that happens. It makes me hungry. I haven't had lunch yet but I can already tell I'm going to be jonesing for more as soon as I eat.

kat999 02-24-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 3727363)
I felt SO thin this morning but I weigh the same as yesterday. Hate when that happens. It makes me hungry. I haven't had lunch yet but I can already tell I'm going to be jonesing for more as soon as I eat.

Go with the way you feel! You might be ready to drop an extra pound if you feel light this morning, so tell that hunger to scram! Good luck!

pinkrunner115 02-24-2011 11:00 AM

Isn't it funny how that happens? You wake up one day feeling light and thin, and the next day, at the same weight, you feel heavy? I wonder why that is. Some days I'm feeling super light and really good about myself, and then I step on the scale, see that I don't weigh as little as I would like, and suddenly I feel big. But then the reverse happens: if I'm feeling big, and I step on the scale and my weight is lower, suddenly I feel better.

krampus 02-24-2011 07:53 PM

I don't feel light today, that's for sure, but that's what happens when you eat a whole jar of peanut butter for dinner. Still comfortably in the 120s though.

Maybe next week will end on a nicer note....

dilynnlew 02-24-2011 11:48 PM

I agree with being short that every pound shows. When I got down to 115, my stomach actually looked and felt pretty flat. Now hovering between 120-123, my stomach looks and feels quite a bit bigger to me. Every pound REALLY makes a difference!
Weighed in at 122.4 yesterday...was up two pounds...had felt lighter! Will weigh tomorrow AM...hoping for at least a small drop!

dilynnlew 02-25-2011 07:55 AM

Weighed in at 120.8 this AM...getting close yet again! Wish I could get under 120 and stay there for more than a day!

lackadaisy 02-25-2011 09:33 AM

123.2 again today. After that unexpected dip to 121.6 earlier, it seem I'm stuck here between 122 and 123...

Lisa1971 02-26-2011 10:56 AM

Went back up to 119. So it seems that I am going to lose 2 pounds, stay there for several weeks, then lose a pound or two, stay there for several weeks, etc, etc. It seems like this is my pattern. The Zumba dvds arrived and I started them so hopefully they will kick start this routine a little. We might be getting a Morkie puppy and I plan on putting him in a carrier (sort of like a Snugglie you carry babies in) so maybe carrying him around while I do my chores will help with the weight loss! I found that adding nuts (small handfuls) into my diet has really helped. Going to try the dark chocolate 100 cal packs next. I have them for my night time snack and find I no longer dream about food. Super low in carbs and the fat keeps me full.

How is everyone else doing? Do you think by summer we will all be in a two piece? I would be thrilled to wear my swimskirt bottom with a nice bikini top. A tan would help, too. Even a fake one. Anyone ever use those tan towels I see on the QVC?

Lisa1971 02-26-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilynnlew (Post 3729412)
Weighed in at 120.8 this AM...getting close yet again! Wish I could get under 120 and stay there for more than a day!

That's great! Congrats!!! You must feel so much better today. You also have three inches on me so I consider you tall, lol! We are inching our way toward staying under 120. Now, if someone could tell us how to get to 115 and stay there, well, that would be great!

I only weigh myself in the mornings now. I did an experiment where i drank 1ounces of water and weighed myself and was a pound heavier. Sounds logical, it's simple physics, but I HAD to do it myself to believe it. I had to see it with my own eyes because I can be up to 3 pounds heavier at night but I drink a lot of water all day. And whenever I go to the doctor, the nurses weigh me with all my clothes on, even shoes, and don't take one single pound off. They are wonderful ladies, but some of them are overweight, and you would think they would be sympathetic. Anyway...

I went back up to 119 from 118.5 so it seems we will fluctuate until our bodies realize it is okay to LET GO of the excess. We don't need it!!

pinkrunner115 02-26-2011 01:01 PM

Lackadaisy, I totally understand your frustration. But at least you are in the low 120s now, and you don't seem to slip up!
Krampus, your weight gain out of the 120s is what I like to call "fake" weight gain. As in, after a few days of overeating the scale jumps way up, but after a few days of getting back to normal, you shoot down. That happened to me too.
Lisa, I think when your weight starts getting low (out of the 120s especially!) the weight loss is a lot slower. Frustrating, but you're on your way down and it sounds like you've got a solid plan!
I actually made it yesterday and ate no sweets. No candy, cake, or anything. I know it's minor but it's a pretty big accomplishment for me, since all of my extra (aka overage) calories come from stuff like that. I stayed well within my calorie range because of it (I try to stick to around 14-1500, I find that works best for me in losing weight). I'm trying to stay away from sweets for a few days to break the cycle of overeating them. Hopefully I can stick it out!