Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/156/120

Height: 5'7

Question need motivation

hi everyone!
new here and not too sure yet on how this works.
ive been trying to lose weight for a long time and last summer i lost 20 pounds! ive never been so proud of myself. but then unfortunately i gain it back. ive been very stressed and overwhelmed lately and that causes me to eat. i dont know how to lose that weight again and keep it off. has anyone else felt this way?
shawnals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:03 AM   #2  
Grandma on the Go!

S/C/G: 143/127/125

Height: 5'4"

shawnals - welcome. You have found this website and that is a good start to your journey. We have all gained and lost and gained - so you are in a good place where we all understand. I would encourage you to read as much as you can from this website and also from your library and you can find tons of information online about nutrition.

Everyone has to find the plan that works best for them. I try to follow a simple diet of eating lots of fruits and veggies with some chicken and fish. I spend alot of time in the store reading labels.

Everyone has highs and lows. I'm going through a rough patch now - so I'm just working on staying under 130 until I can get back on track.

Posting everyday and helping others will help you.
We have to eat less and move more. Try to set a small goal one day at a time. Do the best you can and don't beat yourself up.
Do you keep a food journal? That really helps me.
Good Luck in your journey.
danni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Height: 5'3"

shawnals ...... Finding my niche here and posting often, reading lots online and books keeps me motivated... As Danni said, you just need to eat healthy and less and move more ... You can do this

Last edited by Ilene; 05-19-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote