Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #1  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Fewer than 10 pounds to go!

I will start this off by saying that I feel like a total fraud posting here...

So, I had a bit of a shock this morning when I stepped on my scale and realized that I now have only 9.6 lbs left to reach my goal weight. I don't think my brain knows what to do with that information. I have never really believed that I would get to goal - even throughout the success of my journey so far. So to have it so close is just mind-boggling!

Unfortunately, I feel like these last 10 lbs may just kill me. In the last month, I have lost 3.0 lbs (only). I realized that my rate of loss would slow down, but it actually didn't for a long time... so I guess I was kinda hoping I was different.

Anyway, I may be lurking here more now, to see how you all manage this.

Peace, Heather
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Hang in there, it DOES seem painfully slow at this point in the journey. But, the tortoise DOES finish the race

You CAN do this, it WILL happen. And, in the scheme of things, it doesn't really matter how slowly those last few lbs come off.

Speaking from experience here. We have similar stats - and I PROMISE that those pesky lbs. will go if you stick with your plan!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #3  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I'm in the same boat, I've lost 69lbs since the end of September, and I've slowed to almost a halt myself the last 3 weeks. It's hard, but it will pay off. Our bodies seem to want to hold on to those last pounds and not let them go!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #4  
Reached Goal Sept 11/09

S/C/G: 228/135

Thanks for the support. I realize that I am actually at a healthy weight now, so my body doesn't need to shed the weight to be healthy anymore. I remind myself of this when I get frustrated with this whole process.

And besides, since this is a lifelong journey, why does it matter if I reach goal in 3 months or 6 months? After all, that is only the beginning of the rest of my life. And what I am going to do? Gain all the weight back because the last 10ish pounds are taking a long time? That sounds like a great plan.

Anyway, I may be feeling better since I dropped another 0.6 lbs this morning.

Peace, Heather

Last edited by MrsWolf; 07-15-2009 at 01:17 PM.
MrsWolf is offline   Reply With Quote