Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM   #61  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post

Not much new to report. I served cut up fruit and cheese cubes at my Aloette party and it went over very well. I was hoping to have enough left over for my lunch today but ....
... it was so good everyone ate it? That's an excellent snack for a party... and EVERYONE loves it..

Yesterday was good... biked and made it to the gym in the evening... Food was good but not perfect...

Today, a run this morning with a friend, a bike ride I'm taking advantage of the nice weather, and the gym tonight... My version of a triathlon ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:26 AM   #62  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Mornin',

I've been gone a while, but actually lost a few pounds since then. Back now with 15 to lose. I'm trying simply counting calories with a little calorie cycling thrown in. Today is an "1120 cal" day according to the calculator I found. Tomorrow I get an extra 200 cal!!!

We have an enclosed skywalk system that goes through the city I work in and I can get about 25 min walking in after lunch.

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:53 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Walking at lunch is a wonderful idea. We'd need a day without rain for me to do that again

Somebody has gone back to having a shake for breakfast since he's met Ilene So, I will too. Strawberry today.

I did light arms last night. Felt good. I really, really must try to do cardio even if I'm tired from work. I'm such a slug.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:19 AM   #64  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:

Somebody has gone back to having a shake for breakfast since he's met Ilene So, I will too. Strawberry today.
That's GREAT to hear!! Poor guy, I hope he didn't think we were too much ...

Today 15k bike ride done before 9:30am :cycle: ... Now working, well not at this present second , working on my practical exam for PT ... Tonight a LBWO...

Yesterday was good food and exercise wise ...

Spanky : back... an enclosed skywalk, how cool is that, great to have on rainy days... which we've been getting plenty of this summer....
Old 07-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #65  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

Yep, this skywalk is a major benefit! I'm especially looking forward to it during the winter...

Yesterday spent all my energy protecting myself from the over-the-top lunch our secretary [my nickname for her? "The Feeder"] ordered in for us:

5 double crust with everything pizzas, 2 dozen garlic breads, and a dozen cheesey breads to help us get through a "gruelling" 1 1/2 hour teleconference which went through lunchtime. There are a total of 5 of us here. Once again, she "Oops, forgot your salad order!"

I was so mad, I actually stuck to the lunch I brought!

It's been a sort of cold war over food since the day we both started here. She orders in food for every slightest occasion. I bring carrots.

Sheesh!

spanky
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #66  
Ilene the Bean

Spanky, good for you for sticking to your guns
Old 07-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #67  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post

It's been a sort of cold war over food since the day we both started here. She orders in food for every slightest occasion. I bring carrots.

Sheesh!

spanky

What's the deal there then? Is she thin not wanting you to compete or large and wanting everyone to eat like her? Just out of interest really as we have more than one of those where I work.

Hi Ilene I've missed you too I did lurk a few times to see how you were all doing but you know how it is, when your head's not in the right place you don't want to join in and all that.

Exercise still rubbish, as in I haven't done any but I have managed 3 clean food days in a row which is a bit of a miracle. Bye for now
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:08 AM   #68  

Some people are just feeders ... it's as if they can feed you their love. And food is a traditional gift ... sigh ...

I admire Doughnut's three days in a row. I can seldom do that.

30 mins on the elliptical last night and pretty good clean food (with a handful of potato chips)
Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

This week has been a little off for me. A bunch of things going on making it harder to stick to my routine. Will try to be more OP with food until I can get back to my excercise over the weekend. I am such a creature of habit that even a few days off have me feeling like crap already. Weight hanging steady but I don't want to push my luck. These last ten pounds are tough!
timetostart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:55 AM   #70  
Ilene the Bean

Bike ride, swim, protein pancake, nails done, all before 9am , it's all good... I feel really good today it's and bright.... Oh, and I'm also done the written part of my pratical I just have to go to work and print it off...
Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #71  

40 minutes on the elliptical tonight!!!

Then DH reminded me that I said I'd walk with him to visit his parents. So I wobbled over He bought me a diet coke for a treat on the way home
Old 07-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #72  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:

I admire Doughnut's three days in a row. I can seldom do that.
Well it appears I can't do four! Truly dreadful day yesterday and now I'm away until Monday in the bosom of my cake loving family (although I'm the fattest so they're not that bad). My dad is the most amazing cook so damage limitation is the key. I will succeed though - that ticker's nearly 160 which is just not acceptable.

ILENE - the written part of you practical? What is it that you're doing?
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:14 AM   #73  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I hope it's okay if I join in the chat...

I've been struggling a lot with these last pounds. It appears that now I've gained a couple pounds back even! I'm really hoping it's this new birth control that I switched to (which I'm getting off of because so not worth saving the money for it) that caused the gain. I'm on the last two days of the "med filled" ones tonight and tomorrow, so thankfully, if that's the case, I should be okay post-TOM. *fingers crossed* Anyway, I am of course disappointed as heck because I was at 131 and now I'm going back and forth during the week between 132-133. Official weigh-in is tomorrow AM, and I'd LOVE to see my old 131 back, but I don't know...
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:35 AM   #74  

Of course you can join in. We're a very friendly group! And we're glad you're here.

I've got a list of things to do today that is waaay longer than I have time for. I think I'll drive to a big grocery store and think about that in the car. Food for thought?
Old 08-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #75  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post

ILENE - the written part of you practical? What is it that you're doing?
You've been away Doughnut, so you don't know that I've taken a personal training course... Well, I did the in classe part, the 3 hour exam, and now tomorrow it's the practical where you pretend to train a client. My SIL is my "51 year old construction worker" ... So what I have written is every thing I want to say and remember, I have 8 pages of stuff.... It's tomorrow morning at 10 am... So I really should be off to bed since it's 12 midnight!!