Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Planning & Chat - April 13-19

Figured I'd start up the weekly thread, since it doesn't seem to have been done yet.

I bounced up a few pounds Easter weekend, but no permanent damage seems to have been done - I'm sitting at 135.8 this morning, which except for my one-day blip down to 133.8 last week, is the lowest I've been.

The studio where I practice started a 30-day yoga challenge yesterday. I already practice nearly every day, but the challenge will be a good excuse to push just that little bit harder (esp. since I know there are a couple of days during the month when I won't be able to make a class, which means I'll have to double up on classes some other days). So MY goal is to see my goal weight by the end of the challenge!

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start. How were your Easter holidays?
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/141/132

Height: 5.4

Hi all, sounds like I am not the only one who got waylaid by Easter....I was up a few but now I am back to 148. I am feeling pretty motivated but what helps is signing up to fitday.com. Gosh, once you keep track the calories add up so quickly!! It seems the only way for me to do it in the beginning is to watch it like a hawk....

The motivation actually came from being asked this morning if I was pregnant. Um, no. Only fat. Argg.... this has never happened to me before...usually I AM pregnant when people ask...now it is just adipose belly fat...
linniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey ladies! Hope you all had a good Easter weekend.

I've reached a few milestones that I'm really happy about. I finally got into the 160s (for the first time since gaining weight), and then I got below 12 stone (168lbs). It might sound silly but being 11-stone-something seems way less big, and for us Brits, I think breaking into a new lower stone is really great! The next one for me is a normal BMI... only 7.5lbs away!

I've also had a few interesting realisations. Over the Easter weekend I ate some pretty unhealthy meals - including a large curry with rice and naan bread, an XL bacon double cheeseburger meal from Burger King, a huge plate of sausages and buttery mashed potato... and I didn't gain a pound! Sure, my weight remained the same for 5 or 6 days, but then it started to go down again this week. I realised this had probably happened because despite eating some really high-calorie foods, I was still calorie counting - and I only went over 2000cals on one day. I made allowances for the large meals by not eating as much during the rest of the day, and by getting lots of exercise so I really worked up an appetite. It felt really great! Obviously, I wouldn't eat like that all of the time (because it's still high fat, even if it's under 2000 calories), but it's so nice to be able to do that every now and then and not worry at all about how it will affect my body.

It's my measurement day today... I'm going to grab the tapemeasure now and see what that tells me!

linniet - I can't believe you were asked that question! How incredibly rude. I'm amazed people even bother to ask that now that it's pretty much the standard cliche embarrassing-if-the-answer-isn't-what-you-think-it'll-be question! Anyway, I'd sooner have a bit of fat around my stomach than be tactless!

Hope you're all having a fantastic week.
tinycities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I gained a couple of pounds over Easter, but I ate everything I wanted and now I am back on track. I did leave my ipod at my parents' house though and so I am missing my motivation for running. I guess I am going to have to try running with just the sound of the wind in my ear.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I was at 119 pounds this AM. Yahoo ! I have wanted to get below 120 , just for vanity reasons. I really don't look or feel any different than I do at 120, it's all ego. A healthy weight for my height is between 105 and 132. I have no hopes of ever getting to 105, I think it would be to thin and to hard to maintain, anyway,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #6  

I don't think most people belong at the bottom of the healthy weight range for their height! My "healthy" weight (according to BMI) is 116-149. I was too thin a few years ago at 123, so I KNOW 116 would be sickly looking!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 152/141/132

Height: 5.4

I agree with the weight ranges. I would have to be about 110 to be at the bottom and the last time I weighed that I was 19 and living on gum, coffee and cigarettes. LOL. Not exactly healthy and I felt awful. Mid thirties is about as low as I can go. Bargoo it's amazing how much you lost!!
linniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #8  
MasterHarper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-Bee View Post
I don't think most people belong at the bottom of the healthy weight range for their height! My "healthy" weight (according to BMI) is 116-149. I was too thin a few years ago at 123, so I KNOW 116 would be sickly looking!
That's curious. We are the same height, but according to Nutridiary, my healthy weight range is 114-144, based on a BMI of 19-24.

I am a bit scared to get on the scale ATM. I have been having Easter chocolate and my boyfriend will insist on feeding me bad stuff. He bought a cherry pie ages ago because I mentioned that I liked it but I have been refusing it whenever he offers it to me - we stay at his house at weekends.

But now as I'm eating chocolate I have temporarily stopped logging my calories (yes, I know!) so last night I decided, what the heck, I'd have a piece. But then my daughter decided she didn't like hers so I had hers too.

So yesterday, he went out and bought some fig rolls and some marshmallows and almond Magnums, specifically because these are things he knows I like, and brings them in with a big grin on his face expecting me to be pleased. I feel awful telling him, it's like disappointing a child. But I can't eat this stuff and expect to stay slim. I try to tell him but he just says "But I want to treat you!"

He doesn't get it - he can eat anything and stay slim. If I eat what I want I blow up. He was so chuffed that I actually ate the cherry pie finally.

I am so scared to get on the scale. I have tried to be good with what else I eat though to make up for eating the bad stuff. I left my chocolate at home though so I have about half an egg to get through before it's all gone and I can start logging again.

I can eat that in a day easily so I can start again on Monday.

My jeans feel OK though so I don't think I've put on more than 3 or 4 lb and I should be able to lose it fairly easily. My 10K race is coming up so I need to ramp up my training a bit.

The ultimate punishment for him would be for me to actually eat all the stuff he buys me, get fat again and then say "I told you so!", but obviously I don't want to do that. I'll just have to keep on trying to explain it to him.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 AM   #9  

Hmm, it must just be a variation in the sites we are using to calculate. I am not sure what online BMI calculator I used to get my #s.

As far as the overfeeding boyfriend goes...I know you're trying to lose a bit more, but honestly, I find that as long as I eat at weight loss ranges during the week, I can eat more, have some junk, & not log food on the weekends, & it evens out to maintenance. So you'll be fine as soon as you get home & go back to your normal eating.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Different site smay give different ranges, but they are very close. 114 or 116 that is not enough to be concerned about, The same is true for the higher range 144 or 149 , that is 5 pounds.Not enough to make much difference, except, as I say in my case, my ego likes the smaller figure.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote