3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Featherweights (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/)
-   -   April Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights/168231-april-goals.html)

Su-Bee 04-01-2009 08:13 AM

April Goals

My April goal is 134. something. The scale is 138.8 this morning, but I've seen 137 and even 136 earlier this week. I'm at the point where the weight is coming off very slowly, & I have to be super on-track to lose, so I figured setting a monthly goal would help me out.

Anyone else want to share their monthly goals & objectives?

Thighs Be Gone 04-01-2009 11:12 AM

Su-Bee. My goal is the same as yours--I will be 134 at the end of April. :) I was 137 on the head this morning for my own future reference.

linniet 04-01-2009 01:27 PM

Hello, I am new here, just joined this morning. I believe I have to be on for 20 days before I get a signature and one of those cool little tracker things. :)
Sitting at my "OMG enough is enough" weight, which, at my height of 5.4ish is around 149. Usually the fear of hitting 150 is what gets me going.... and the fact that not even my fat jeans fit....so my goal for April is to get below 142. Final goal is 132 but I haven't seen that in 12 years so I will have to reevaluate lowest I have been since having kids is 135. So April means 7lb for me.... will be checking in with you ladies often!

JadeBlue14 04-01-2009 04:06 PM

I want to finaly be under 140. and a solid under, not just 139.9. I will make the scale move eventually

MonteCristo 04-02-2009 08:56 AM

My April goal is to get down to 148. I would love to get to 145, but I will be content with 148.

Dianeofnka 04-02-2009 12:40 PM

I would like to get to 143, a loss of 2 pounds. My weight loss has gotten super-slow, and I've reached the 6 month "I am so tired of concentrating on this every minute!" phase. I maintained for a month Feb-March, and now the scale started moving again.

mctinez 04-04-2009 12:55 PM

My goal is to keep up with my exercise (at least 4 times per week) and track my calories EVERY DAY for the rest of April. If I stick to this plan I will reach my goal of losing 3 lbs by the end of April.

sweet_talker 04-04-2009 05:01 PM

I'm in! I would LOVE to be at 132 by the end of the month...I think it's pretty reasonable, I haven't weighed myself in over a week and I hope to have dropped a couple pounds since the last weigh in. Also, I'll be done school soon and have way more time (and less room for excuses) for exercise!

Su-Bee 04-04-2009 05:20 PM

Ok, so Thighs Be Gone gets the award for meeting her April goal the soonest...like, within 2 days?!? Awesome job, lady!

I am having a kind of freaky binge day today...actually eating the peanut butter I've been craving for 2 weeks has kind of put me over the edge...but I will get back on track quickly & meet my goal by the end of the month!

embee918 04-06-2009 08:31 AM

My goal is just not to gain anything in April. We have a couple of holidays planned, Paris for Easter and then a warm holiday in Egypt.

Paris I am nervous because of all of the GREAT FOOD! But, we'll be walking tons for 5 days so hoping that will help balance.

My trip to Egypt is going to be much tougher, guess I can swim to stay really active.

I just want to enjoy my trips without the guilt and without ruining all of my hard work!

Any suggestions??

-Mel

Robsia 04-06-2009 11:22 AM

Well, my current weight loss goal is a nice steady 1/2 a pound a week, which will get me to my goal of 126 by August. So according to my excel spreadsheet, my end of April goal weight is 133.5!

I'm already at 134 so I have a bit in hand - but the problem with that is one meal out can undo 2 weeks' weight loss, and as I posted on the weekly chat thread, I have a tough 10 days ahead of me food-wise.

So I think my goal will be 133 so then even if I screw up a bit I have time to get down and stay ahead of the game.

Su-Bee 04-10-2009 08:14 AM

Well, according to the scale, I hit 133.8 this morning (jumped over the 134s completely!). So that's my April goal, just before Easter. (I know I'll pop back up a bit this weekend, though, just b/c of all the events planned. Still, I saw it today, so I will see it again!)

Now, what happened LAST month was that I hit my monthly goal right around St. Pat's day, then saw no progress at all for the rest of the month - so this month, with 20 days left, I'll try to get at least down to 132 by then!

Thighs Be Gone 04-10-2009 08:17 AM

Su-Bee and ladies: (yes, Su-Bee is a lady too) :)

Last Friday my scale read 133 three times consecutively. I posted I had reached goal. I have never, ever had problems with the scale before. The very next morning it went up to 137 and there it stayed until today. Today I am at 136. I am continuing this challenge. I hope you don't mind and I am sorry for posting a false goal reached! :(

Thighs Be Gone 04-10-2009 08:21 AM

I want to ask all of you something since we are all similar weights. Do your ribcages protrude when you look in the mirror? How about your hip bones?

I am currently in a size 4--easily and not squeezed into the size--LOL. I don't know if it's possible for me to go to a lower size because my frame alone won't "seem" to allow it. I have also read though that some fat is stored under--maybe I will continue to shrink? I would adore being a size 2 when I am finished.

What do you think?

Su-Bee 04-10-2009 08:31 AM

Hey Thighs Be Gone -

You know what, when my weight drops, it ALWAYS does that. Like, today I saw 133.8, which I've never seen before - but tomorrow, no matter how on-plan I am today, it'll probably be 135 or so, and then it will slowly, over a few days or a week, drop down again to the 133 or a bit lower. I always count the first time I see it for my ticker change, b/c I know that if I stay OP, it'll be back - HOWEVER, I try to wait until it's a consistent weight before I allow myself to have my mini-goal reward (which for below 135, is a new piercing - can't wait!).

Anyway, re. your sizing issue - I have, as an adult, had my weight as low as 122-123 (which was NOT healthy for me), and I have NEVER been below a size 4. That's my bone structure, it has nothing to do with fat.

When I stand normally, neither my ribcage nor my hipbones protrude. I honestly don't think I would want to see my ribs when standing normally - in my opinion, that would be TOO thin (and I don't remember being able to see ribs/hipbones even at 122). That said, in my yoga practice, there are a number of poses that do cause my ribcage to "pop" against my skin - and THAT I think is pretty cool, because I remember when it did not happen!

Robsia 04-10-2009 08:35 AM

Well, when I'm standing normally, I can see my ribs but I wouldn't say they protrude as such. When I pull my tummy in they protrude, but not normally.

Most of my flab I still have to shift is carried on my belly anyway so there is still a fair old bit to go.

When I lie down it's a different matter - all the fat spreads out and my stomach is about 4 inches high from front to back!!

Ija 04-10-2009 03:26 PM

Even at my weight my pelvic bones are starting to protrude. I guess I don't have much fat there anymore. My ribs definitely aren't poking out!

linniet 04-10-2009 05:57 PM

I am glad I am not the only one fluctuating here a bit... I am back up to 149 and somewhat de-motivated.... also coming down with a cold .... and I see the Easter Bunny coming down the lane.... ugh.... as for ribs protruding, haven't had that happen in a while!

Su-Bee 04-11-2009 10:16 AM

Back to 135.6 this morning - see, this is EXACTLY the phenomenon I was talking about! And I know tomorrow will be kind of a wash food-wise...oh well. I've seen 133, I'll see it again! Can't give up, I'm almost there now!

prepping 04-11-2009 10:49 AM

Hi All! I'm new to this part of 3FC but am having the hardest time ever getting rid of the last 15-20... so I'll pop in this challenge as well!

I am aiming to be 173 by the end of the month. So far so good! been completely perfect for the last week and exercising.

Happy easter weekend everyone and have a wonderful day!

jmhender 04-12-2009 05:38 PM

Hi everyone! You guys are really helping to motivate me to push and set goals. I'm current fluctuating between 136-138 and would love to reach 134 by the end of April!

Beckypa32 04-12-2009 07:15 PM

My goal for April is to get to 122,I stepped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh in and was very surprised that I was down to 127.Now is the big challenge I have 5 kids so I have five(two are step-children)Easter baskets full of candy to tempt me.I was very successful in avoiding all the sinful desserts at easter dinner today.I have also set a fitness goal of finishing 5 miles in 50 minutes,right now it takes me a whole hour to do this distance.

linniet 04-14-2009 01:19 PM

Hi all...
.... seems quiet here.. have you all gone someplace else??
:)

sweet_talker 04-15-2009 12:03 AM

Gahhh...I haven't gone anywhere! Just been plugging away at my papers. I am pretty dang frustrated with my weight, I have been counting my calories to a T. I have been so diligent. I KNOW I haven't gained weight, I might not be losing too quickly (I don't have much to lose) but the scale still goes up on a regular basis...how can I be 137 one day and 141 the next...Argh, I know I know: PMS, too much sodium...water retention but SERIOUSLY!!

Also, I think a size 2 is pretty darn small...I personally go by measurements rather than clothing sizes, Thighs_Be_Gone. I am a size 6 in a lot of clothes, and even a size 4 in some, but it's my measurements that really matter, I think when I really tone up I'll be sitting at a size 4 but be lean. Maybe more toning and you will just fill out the size 4 differently? Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent, my mind is still swimming with school :p

Thighs Be Gone 04-16-2009 09:32 AM

Hey there Ladies.

135 today. :) My goal for the end of April is 134 and I feel like it's very doable. Once I safely am in the 120's, I am going to stay put. I don't know that I will be able to wear a size 2 across the board--maybe just in some brands. But I have decided I am okay with that.

I actually bought a skirt two days ago that was a 2! Thank you vanity sizing! It was Bass brand--very cute--sort of that subtle aquamarine in color. And--yikes--it actually is just above my knee. This is huge for me. I haven't worn a skirt this length since college. I like it though--at the store and again at home when I tried it on. I don't wear anything tight to speak of--it is just a big deal since it actually is above my knee.

Have a great day ladies. I hope to hear from all of you soon.

bargoo 04-16-2009 11:48 AM

I wanted to get below 120 and made it this AM. All for vanity reasons, but I am still within a healthy weight for my height. For those of you still trying to lose those last few pounds, I can tell you the last few are the hardest, Do not give up, youi can do it !

Thighs Be Gone 04-25-2009 09:28 PM

134 today--YAHOO! I hit goal for April. To celebrate I went on an extra long run today that even incorporated some off-road running. I am doing it again tomorrow morning. Another celebration--I am on my 2nd glass of red wine and have smashed cauliflower and going and shrimp patties for dinner late dinner with hubby--with Wasabi dressing.

Su-Bee 04-26-2009 10:03 AM

Your dinner sounds so yummy, Thighs Be Gone! Can you share the recipe for your shrimp patties, or are they store-bought?

I'm at 133.4 this morning, so if I don't do anything foolish, should definitely reach my goal of 132.something by the end of the month!

Thighs Be Gone 04-26-2009 11:41 AM

Su-Bee,

Good Morning. Congraulations on your scale victory. You and I are neck and neck today--the scale went to 133.5 this morning. Again, I went for my extra long run and having my oatmeal and blueberries now.

I am happy to share the recipe. It is FABULOUS. So worth the effort!

2 pounds of raw shrimp, diced finely
celery, red bell pepper, white onion, equal amounts diced finely
1 piece whole wheat bread crumbled tiny
2 egg whites
Old Bay seasoning, generous dash or two

Mix the above and shape into patties. I put mine onto wax paper and a cookie sheet and stick them in the freezer for about 20 minutes. They sort of clump together better that way and makes cooking easier. I cook with non-fat cooking spray on stovetop.

For the topping I mix Fat-Free Miracle Whip with Wasabi. This is just EXTRA FABULOUS.

Thighs Be Gone 04-26-2009 11:47 AM

p.s. Sorry for the somewhat incoherent post Saturday evening--hehe...as it said I was on my 2nd glass of red wine! Yes, I know it doesn't go with shrimp but it is healthier! :)

Su-Bee 04-26-2009 01:23 PM

mmm...shrimp patties sound delish, and easy, too - I will definitely be trying them this week!

Thighs Be Gone 04-27-2009 09:10 AM

Is it time to set May goals yet or is it still too early. My scale fell again today! I am at 132.5 this morning and that is without a full night's sleep. For some reason, sleeping helps my weight go down. My DD woke me up this morning around 2 with an earache. When I get awakened like that I have a very difficult time going back to sleep. I don't want to sleep in as it is worse for my body in the long run. I really credit my scale drop today to my extra long runs Saturday and Sunday and extra clean eating several days. I am almost scared to move my ticker. Maybe I will wait one more day. This will make day three for it to drop in a row which is usually how it happens for me after several weeks of staying on plan.

I took my kids to a fair yesterday. I did NOT know cotton candy only had 120 calories for the gigantic bag! Wow.

Good luck with the shrimp patties. We love them. You can actuallly use that same recipe for any fresh seafood you have. I typically buy whatever healthy fish is on sale. (I don't buy farm-raised anything.)

Su-Bee 04-28-2009 08:21 AM

Good for you! I am still sitting at 133.4 - just .4 lb to make my 2nd April goal; hopefully I can do it!

My May goal is to HIT goal - and not just during May, either; my target is to get there by the end of the 30-day yoga challenge I am doing, which wraps up May 14th.

That's kind of freaky about the cotton candy - I mean, it makes sense, as it's just sugar blown up with air, but I would've guessed it to be a lot higher.

Thighs Be Gone 04-28-2009 11:19 PM

Thanks Su-Bee.

Like you, I would like to HIT goal by the end of May. If I could just SEE 129.5on the scale, I would be satisfied.

Su-Bee 04-29-2009 11:25 AM

Well, I have 132.8 at this very moment - but this is after workout, but before chugging my bottle of water, so I know it's an artificially low weight. Still, I guess at least I saw 132 this month! :) Definitely not worth a ticker move yet, though.

Thighs Be Gone 04-29-2009 05:47 PM

My weight was 134 on the head today before workout. Thanks processed foods and too much artificial sweetner the last two days.

Thighs Be Gone 05-01-2009 04:49 AM

Back down to 132.5 for Thursday weigh in. I wonder what it will be for Friday. I can't sleep--thank you red wine--if I go past two glasses I always pay for it in the middle of the night. Argh.

Dianeofnka 05-01-2009 10:29 AM

Well, I didn't make my goal for April -- still at 145. I did see 144 one day!

May is a new month...

linniet 05-01-2009 11:16 AM

same here . in fact, one up. But today is good so far! Yay for May!

Thighs Be Gone 05-07-2009 08:49 AM

SuBee, how are you doing? I am having a difficult time staying on plan the last couple of days. I want to eat--and the bad stuff to boot. I am hoping these urges will pass but so far not.