Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie!

Hey all! I'm brand new to this thread, but having looked through some of the posts and read your stories, I'm SO happy to be here! You are all so inspirational and positive and I feel like that's exactly what I need!

I've basically spent my whole adult life battling with the scale, reaching a max weight of 170. I've always been a pretty active person (running, weight-lifting, etc.) but I started grad school this year and completely gave up on exercise and eating well. About a month ago, my frustration with my body finally gave me the motivation to eat really well (calorie counting, journaling) and working out often and I already feel so much better and have lost about 6 pounds. I don't mean to complain because I know that's great, but I guess I'm just wondering how you all deal with the days when you don't lose weight, even though you know you ate well and worked out, and how you keep going even though you're not progressing as quickly as you'd like. I feel like this time is really different and I'm making a big change in my life to be healthy instead of just trying to lose a few pounds, but I can't lie and say that I'm happy staying at this weight!

Anyway, sorry for the long intro! I'm so happy to have found this site and I look forward to getting to know you all!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote