Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/141.5/135

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Tough Week

I had a tough week this week! I am not sure what happened really. I did lose .5 pounds, but felt horrible about my lack of self control and motivation.

As far as my exercise this week, I missed both Thursday and Friday. My diet wasn't so hot either. On Tuesday I had an overwhelming urge to eat. I had a splurge for me which was a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich and a candy bar.

We had a couple of parties to attend this week and had a couple of glasses of wine, had a dinner party at our home last night and ate a whole slice of cheesecake. I usually will have a bit or two from my husband's plate. I didn't record my calories at all this week (I know I am slipping when I do this!)

This morning, we had French Toast, and I would usually have a bit and a bowl of cereal, but I ate two pieces of french toast, I used REAL butter and syrup. I am making chocolate chip cookies for my son's playgroup tomorrow and have already eaten two.

I have great will power, usually...I just lost it this week.

And, I noticed that with all of the weight lifting I am doing I am beginning to see a bit of bulk instead of lean muscle. My legs are really packing on the muscle and why they look great, I have noticed that my jeans in the thigh area are getting tight...I know it isn't fat, but still

Just feeling discouraged. Know I need to step it up this week, get back on track. Thinking about taking a break from weights and doing cardio and pilates everyday, pilates with the resistance band.

Enough whining! Just needed to vent and to confess!

-Mel
embee918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #2  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

I feel you - I just had one of those weeks too. Eating out, a few too many apple ciders that I didn't calculate in, and I stopped writing everything down. It's weird for me to have weeks like that, when I'm normally so very calculating about everything I eat. So let's get back on track together! This week, starting today, we'll do better. And I'm going to write it all down, even if I go off plan, just so I have to see the math for those extra calories. Good luck!
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 01:18 PM   #3  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Congratulations, lady! You had a 'bad' week and STILL LOST WEIGHT, even if it wasn't much. Think of it as a narrow escape (from worse consequences, i.e. weight gain) and tell yourself, "If I can indulge like that and still lose a little, think how great my progress will be this week, when I buckle down and apply some self-control!"

You're all right.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #4  

I think that's pretty good too losing even though it was a bad week. Just imagine what you'll lose this week now you're back on track.
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 196/196/185

Height: 5'3"

I understand having a bad week. I have been having one myself between not recording food, and having a friend down for a couple of days which translated into unbridled food consumption, including ice cream on both days - absolutely evil for me as it is my weakness. To counteract, I have eaten healthy yesterday and today, and finally wrote my food out tonight.

Have you done anything the last couple of days to get back on track in regards to your eating or food journaling? And yes, you can show some bulk when weight lifting. However, it is good fit muscle which looks far better than skinnier flobbly bits. My thighs are pretty solid thus skinny leg jeans look silly on me. I just buy a boot cut, a straight leg, or a boyfriend cut jean style instead to accommodate my thighs. And just think...if your thighs are firming up, that means your butt is perking up too! All the better to fill out the backside of your jeans!
theloula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:33 PM   #6  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

"skinnier flobbly bits"

This cracks me up.
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote