Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy When you LOVE food

You all know what it is to LOVE food. and live to eat not eat to live.
That’s the thing about 3fatchicks.com. you talk to people who understand you. People who also LOVE food. Who can’t wait to get up in the morning to have breakfast
Normal people don’t understand that. When they see a cookie they don’t HAVE to have it... It’s a cookie so what?
Not us...we see the cookie, we LOVE it and we HAVE to have it...
I am managing my weight... But it is a battle everyday...I wish I could change myself mentally and see food just like fuel not like a treasure....
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I agree with you!!! I love food. If I am eating something I really really want, I wont stop till I eat it all. I wish it was easier, but I don't think it will ever be.
scarahjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:59 PM   #3  
carinna

Quote:
Originally Posted by belezura View Post
I am managing my weight... But it is a battle everyday...I wish I could change myself mentally and see food just like fuel not like a treasure....
To me, it's no different than a recovering alcoholic. They may not touch a drink in 20 years, but make no mistake, they want one all the time. We'll get through this, but it may never be "easy".
carinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #4  

scarahjs, you got the point!!!
We are even worse than the alcoholics. Because they can quit turkey and they don’t need alcohol to live.
And I think it is a lot easier when you stop doing something for good than when you can’t stop it but just have to take it easy.
How hard it is to have just a piece of cake? It is an addiction... if we have a piece we want it all...
And unlike the alcoholics we can’t just stop eating. We need food to survive. But it would be so much easier if we just stoped for good, so we wouldn’t feel the taste of it and wouldn’t go crazy.
That’s why there are so many people who suffer with anorexia. Because it is a lot easier just stop for good then control, because we do not have control!!! It is an addiction...
I don’t know if I was clear... but that is my point of view...
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I agree about loving food. I've said many times that it would be impossible for me to be anorexic because I love food so much! I can't say that I'm addicted to food, but I can easily pass up junk to eat a good gourmet meal any time!

I know someone who actually does eat to live. She's not anorexic but terribly phobic about becoming heavy (her mother was heavy and had health problems from it). She may be considered an exercise bulimic, though.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #6  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

I LOVE food as well. That being said, there is a difference between eating to live and living to eat.
I was able to break my addiction to the latter by eating MORE, and BETTER foods.
By eating foods that actually nourish my body, rather than feed my addiction, I have virtually eliminated those uncontrollable cravings and binges. Thus, reversing the trend - I really do eat to live now.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:27 AM   #7  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I love to eat.

My idea of heaven would be to eat whatever I want - all the bad stuff I want, and never put on weight.

I guess that's why we're all here!
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 PM   #8  

Quote:
And I think it is a lot easier when you stop doing something for good than when you can’t stop it but just have to take it easy.
I agree whole heartedly with that...

For me, even when I eat healthy foods, if I don't control portion size, I gain weight, so it's not just the junk food that makes me gain weight, it's the healthy foods too... Oh, well, I just have to live with that and portion control for ever, and that's ok too...
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:24 AM   #9  
MasterHarper

Of course, it's too many calories that makes you gain weight - doesn't matter whether they come from junk or healthy food.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsia View Post
Of course, it's too many calories that makes you gain weight - doesn't matter whether they come from junk or healthy food.
BUT, when I eat, for example, 1300 calories of junk food I feel like sluggish and lazy, but when eat 1300 calories of healthy food I feel healthy and full of energy.
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #11  
MasterHarper

I never feel any different, you know. Well, I feel sick if I eat too muich chocolate - but I have to eat a lot for that to happen.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:51 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Oh wow! I feel SOOO different! WHen I eat unhealthy food I feel yucky, my digestion is icky, i get headaches and a sore belly, and I tend to binge and keep eating more crap.

I love food - I love healthy food more though! I just forget this sometimes...
Fairy Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

I also love food, but I think one nice thing with starting this diet is that I enjoy eating healthy stuff more than i did - e.g. really interesting, large salads. Also,I should remember that it is good to like food - it makes life more interesting and pleasurable. I just have to get used to eating the amount that's right for me, rather than the amount I've been used to in the past ...
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 148/143/115

Height: 5'3"

Default hard thread to read

This thread was hard to read...just talking about food made me want some! I think I enjoy the act of eating more than food itself, so I have found chewing gum helps me out. But yes, dealing with food and not overeating is a daily struggle. Fortunately at the moment I am resisting the urge to wander into the kitchen...
mandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

I'm with Ilene - my problem has never been the quality of what I eat, but the amount. I love, really truly love, fruits & veggies, yogurt, whole grains, all the things that so many people have to re-train themselves to eat. But boy, can I pack those yummy, healthy things away! That's why it is so hard for me to keep weight off - it's so easy to tell myself that I'm eating all these lovely nutritious things, so it has to be all right - but it's not!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote