Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #46  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

I definitely would not be for the testicograms... yikes!

If it's any consolation, men are advised to get digital prostate exams, which means doctors fingers up the behind! I hope a better method comes up before I hit that age (same for colonscopies)... I prefer my GI tract to be a one-way street.

I'm a little bit surprised that for my height weight and activity level, health calculators said I can eat up to 2,400 calories to maintain! But that means at my 1,600 calories I should be dropping 1.5 pounds a week -- which is certainly not happening. Oh well, I'm pretty close to goal (and content maintaining now) so not particularly stressed about it -- still a bit pleased knowing that I can have a considerable splurge w/o too much a weight gain.

Also made a nice little discovery on the Web - MSN's Fit List blog ( http://fitlist.msnbc.msn.com/ ) where various high-profile trainers make weekly posts on fitness tips. Most are pretty obvious but there are lots of interesting tidbits and little gems of knowledge in there.

Anyhow, hope you all have a Happy & on-track St. Patty's weekend!
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #47  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Testicograms!!!

You know, I'm probably in the minority here but my mammograms (didn't hurt at all) Not even minor discomfort, perhaps because I got digital ones? What did hurt was the needle localization before my biopsy, despite local they did give me.

Back to working out. It feels so awesome.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #48  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaWarlock View Post
If it's any consolation, men are advised to get digital prostate exams, which means doctors fingers up the behind!
Oh please, that's no consolation at all. This is a part of the standard gynecological exam for women which most of us have every year. And I won't even mention all the other stuff they stick inside women during the exam.

I also had my first mammogram when I was 18, but I don't remember it being that bad. I guess that's one advantage to being flat-chested. I also don't remember having to stand on my head (or even bend over) for it. Luckily I haven't needed one since then.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 03-14-2008 at 09:02 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hmm... just turned forty and haven't had one yet. I know I need to... I've had the prescription for 2 years!

Susan - thanks for sharing your experiences and thoughts... I do think there must be a better way than what we are doing here (not that it's bad, but the costs... and so many people are uninsured - I see sick kids all the time teaching who cannot go to the dr. or get glasses, etc. because their parents cannot afford it).

I weighed in at 145.25 today... finally a little bit of loss. Maybe it was the stressful week that did it.

TGIF!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 06:23 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Welcome Iris

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
i just came on to the featherweights forum - i suppose if i have only 15 more lbs to lose this is a good place for me!

We're a healthy bunch (despite all of the recent posts about health care). And chatty too, although I'm off sulking about winter this weekend.

And that is an absolutely gorgeous sheperd you've got!

Dagmar (retail therapy is the best medicine)
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:16 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!

Oooo I smell sooo good this morning! In fact I feel light and bright and happy today!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 152/149/135

Height: 5'2"

Margaritas are frightful in the calorie load but oh so delicious

I too log my exercise and diet. It keeps me steady - but steady so far has not meant any weight loss or size loss - more to go but

Excellent effort all around, featherweights!
trailgroomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

I'm happy for you Susan B.

It is wonderful to get out of the shower and smell so clean and actually be able to smell your shampoo in your hair. Every thing smells so much better.

I swear you are just about to make me give "quiting" another chance. It's just so hard, but I know it is so worth it.

I'm very proud of you Keep up the good work!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Oh, I forgot to mention that I lost 1 lb. in the last few days. I guess I work harder at home than I did at the office . At least I'm not 1 lb. over my ticker now. I guess I'm starting from scratch and hope I can continue down the scale .
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #55  

Abbyin? Did you ever read Allen Carr's book about quitting smoking? It's fabulous! I can get you a link to it on-line. It's only about 110 pages and 10 of them are preface.
Anybody? just pm me and I'll ship it along to you. Serious!
Old 03-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

hi all! thanks for the welcome, dagmar. that shepherd was my dog when i was a little girl (actually the girl in the picture is me, from years ago).

abbyin, for what it's worth, i quit smoking for the last time a couple of months ago, and for the most part i really feel fantastic now! i was convinced that smoking was helping me to keep my weight at bay (if i'm smoking, i'm not eating, right?) but actually i lost a few pounds when i quit.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #57  

Thumbs up You're doing it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Good Morning!

Oooo I smell sooo good this morning! In fact I feel light and bright and happy today!

That's terrific SusanB! And it just keeps getting better.

Congratulations again on quitting!

Dagmar
Old 03-16-2008, 10:34 AM   #58  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Good Morning!

Another thing that will happen Susan is that your skin will get pinker and you will look healthier... I think it's because more circulation is getting around your body plus you're not always in a yellow haze of smoke... YAY for getting your smell back I am sooooo proud of YOU ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #59  

Sniff ... what's that lovley smell? It's Susan!

Well praise the Lord for the skin thing! I'm getting so grey-ish sallow lookin'. Even a tan does not help.

Well, I'm back to the Six Week thing tomorrow morning ... when I will confess how blasted fat I've rebecome. It's horrifying.

I wish I was erudite enough to put into words what's been going on in my head for the last few months. Perhaps another day, perhaps the depression forum ....

Hmmm ... gotta get to church. Be good everyone!
Old 03-16-2008, 05:44 PM   #60  

Red face We're always good . . .

. . . and sometimes we're careful too .

I don't know what comes over me on the weekend but it was party time at our house last night. Wine (which I never normally drink), popcorn, cheese, pretzels (did I mention I don't drink 'cause it makes me eat ), and whoohoo carb'n'fats frenzy!

The I went clothes shopping today. Can you say
"I look fat in this" 15 times? Did buy a t-shirt and fit into a bunch of size 6 stuff at Banana Republic but it all looked weird on me.

I'm really not looking forward to getting on the scale tomorrow morning. Can you say large dose of Metamucil? Definitely on the menu for tonite.

Dagmar (aka Lardmar )