Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-26-2008, 04:19 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Accidental Excersize

I am new to Featherweights and am hoping this will be a good fit for the 20+ lbs I want to lose.

What does everyone do for "Accidental Excersize"? These are the things that you do throughout the day that are not planned excersize. Things like mowing the lawn (in the summer), making more than one trip up or down the stairs, etc.
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

My "accidental" exercises are: shovelling snow, doing housework, washing windows, painting, gardening, stuff like that...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #3  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

I personally don't consider any housework or yardwork as exercise. All I count is my scheduled workout, I suppose anything else would be a bonus! LOL!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:31 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by back at it View Post
I personally don't consider any housework or yardwork as exercise. All I count is my scheduled workout, I suppose anything else would be a bonus! LOL!
OH, I don't actually "count" it as exercise either, on days that I run I will come in and have tons of energy to do the housework, it's like you say a "bonus" it burns more calories than just watching TV ... I do work up a sweat when I vacuum and it takes me an hour or so to do it....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #5  
going, going, gone!!!!

S/C/G: 157/146.5/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by back at it View Post

I totally agree. after I workout is when I get the greatest amount of housework done...it's all bonus, as is walking the kids to and from school, carrying 8 loads of laundry up the stairs, oh and I can't forget carrying the kids upstair...maybe I should count some of it!
thisrlipo is offline   Reply With Quote