Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:35 PM   #31  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good evening everyone. Again, I have not kept up with my resolve to post in here every day.

I have been doing fine on the eating and exercising front though.

It's been raining here for the past couple of days. Raining and cold! YUCK!

Barbara-I'm exactly the same as you; if I go off plan for one meal the whole day is shot as far as I'm concerned. I also need to work on that.

Dagmar-I hate dealing with insurance companies (although I must say when I had my car accident where I needed surgery and my car was totalled, etc. my insurance co. and the other lady's insurance co. were both great and paid out money, etc. with no fight but I guess it was obvious whose fault it was and there was no mistaking my injuries but I've had other dealings with insurance companies and grrrrrr so good luck to you).

Hope everyone has a good rest of the night. Talk to you tomorrow (hopefully if I keep up my resolve to get in here every day. I am going to do it!). Bye

Last edited by greatchoice; 01-24-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: stupid puncuation edit!
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I didn't knit last night but I didn't snack either.

Funny ... my knitting has been negected since I've been playing with quilting stuff.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #33  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I had a bad night last night with eating. I got some treats at the store when I was out with my friend and ate a bunch of them. I'm going out for dinner tonight and I have to stay on plan. It's always so tough when you go out but it is possible so I'm going to remember that and also eat super healthy all day to make sure I dont go over. I'm not really going out at all this weekend because I want to keep doing my workouts and not be tired and I also dont want to drink. I really want to see a change on the scale!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:34 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 137/132/122

Height: 5' 3"

I have been sticking with my eating plan and exercise for the past few days. This morning, the scale showed a 1 1/2 pound loss. Sunday is my "official" weigh-in day, so I won't change my stats until then in case this is temporary water loss.

I will be facing a challenge tomorrow. I will be going to a potluck lunch with six of my quilting friends. Usually three bring high sugar/high fat desserts. I am kind of a sugar addict and am planning to take fruit and nuts as a dessert contribution.

I can manage reasonable portions of the main meal, but usually cave when it comes time for the desserts a couple of hours later. It is hard for me to eat less than 1600 calories while trying to lose weight. I can lose 1/2 pound a week with my exercise level, but a major pig-out of high sugar/high fat desserts can easily undo a whole week's work.

I need to learn to "just say no" and do what is best for my body.
CatR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 PM   #35  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Good evening. Day #2 in a row of checking in

Today was kind of a lazy day although I did get some things done around here. I actually did quite a bit of laundry and made dinner! I also went to Curves and to 24 hr. Fitness and did the elliptical there.

I've now taken some Nyquil because I want to be to sleep by 6:30 pm because I have to get up at 10:30 to go to work (it's my Monday )

Allison-I have been meaning to ask you, how is your Mom doing? I know she had broken her leg in a couple of places right? That was around Christmas so not sure if you have been updating but I must have missed it?

Hope everyone is have a good eating and exercising day (and everything else ). Talk to you tomorrow. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation stress for weight loss

Finally got up the courage to step on the scale after many, many days of being very off plan. It says I've LOST 2 lbs.

I was expecting to be up at least 2 so I'm a happy camper this weekend. Will be OP until Monday's weigh-in. I'm taking a couple of "me" days and then jumping in to deal with all of the insurance company's b*[email protected]

Have a great weekend everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I was down a bit, and I'm so glad!

I'll post more later
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Dagmar, congrats on the 2 pound loss!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Jane~thanks for asking about my Mom. She went into the hospital on Wednesday for an angiogram and they ended up doing a graft from her groin all the way down to her upper calf. She has really poor circulation. The ortho doc that she saw the previous day ordered another 4 weeks non-weight bearing. But in the hospital, he ordered some sort of device that constantly bends her knee which is good because she won't lose joint mobility (my SIL who is an RN was worried about that). She's back in the nursing home today and I'll talk with her tonight. Apparently, she is doing well after the surgery and although they can't get a pedal pulse, her swelling is diminishing and she says she feels more comfortable (although just taking off the full leg split has to ease some pain).

Dagmar~congrats on the 2 pounds! I haven't lost an ounce this week, but that is usually the norm. I can diet strictly for 2-3 weeks and it isn't until TOM that I actually lose (and then it can be 5 or more pounds that week). I just have to keep my wits about me and not cave into the wine!

Cat~contrats on the 1.5 pounds! Were you able to resist the desserts?

Gotta run. (Literally, I need to get my 2 mile run in this morning!)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #40  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days - work has been keeping me really busy and I haven't had much free time. Yesterday we had our quarterly staff meeting, and I ate/drank a RIDICULOUS amount. 2000 calories over, even after an early morning workout! Unbelievable - I don't think I've ever been that bad before. Today I'm eating light. I found this minestra recipe on Food Network and I'm enjoying it for lunch at only 196 calories per big serving (you can see the nutritional info on Daily Plate along with the modifications I made to the recipe).

Tomorrow is my half-marathon! I am super excited about that. My mom is driving down to the city right now to stay over and cheer me on, which is great. Only disappointment is that I tried to get rush tickets to Legally Blonde for tonight for us, and missed them by 5 minutes because I stayed at the gym too long. Oops! We're going to go see the movie "27 Dresses" instead I think.

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 05:57 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Enjoy the half-marathon Laura. Or get through it. Or both!!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #42  
Ilene the Bean

S/C/G: 165/149/140

Good luck Laura ... Have fun if nothing else ... That soup looks really good... I made a nice bean soup today ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #43  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Another pound down, finally!! I'm sorta doing the SlimFast Optima thing. They're not so bad, and make a really good "out-the-door" meal on my way to work in the evenings.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #44  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Haha! Wow! Although I went back and forth a lot this month, I still ended up losing 5 pounds this first month of the year! How awesome is that???
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote