Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question Weekend whoohoo!!???

So, I can't celebrate that it's the weekend with booze, chocolate, ice cream etc.

So how should I mark the end of the week? Any ideas?

Dagmar (in serious need of )
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Ugh, I got no suggestions. I was just sitting here feeling sorry myself and desperately wanting something.....anything bad to eat.

How in the world does one celebrate, sulk, or otherwise LIVE in a world without booze (well, I'm not a big drinker so that one doesn't apply) chocolate, ice cream, etc?
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #3  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

I had a rough week at work, and then indulged in a few drinks and a bunch of chips and salsa, and did not work out when I got home. So I am probably not the best one to ask...

What if you treat yourself to some new gear or gadget that helps with your fitness though? A new workout DVD, or a new shirt/pair of shorts/sports bra, etc? That way it serves double-duty by being a treat but also by giving you something that you'll be excited to use and therefore will motivate you to work out.
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #4  
gracey

S/C/G: 242/172/168

Height: 5ft 11

well im treating myself this weekend to feeling fabulous for a wedding tonight... lol no fatty food for me, need to stay unbloated in this dress so i can feel amazing....
good luck fighting the cravings. why not go out for a walk if its nice weather, i love to do that, appreciate ye olde world, we have a pretty fall going on in the uk at the moment :-)
freethetoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

My DH is out tonight, so I've rented a movie, and plan to have a cup of frozen grapes (almost like sherbet!), then a pot of green tea. Pretty low-key, but I don't get the TV to myself very often, so that qualifies as woohoo to me!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:44 PM   #6  
Registered Diva

S/C/G: 172/142/119

Height: 5'5

no idea... having a pretty blah weekend myself. No idea what I'll eat, too... There's NO food in my house. and I'm really hungry!!!
lointhecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 06:12 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Things I do to celebrate the weekend that don't involve alcohol, chocolate, or ice cream:
  • Make a special meal for myself that includes stuff my SO doesn't like and that fits in my calorie plan. Eat it for lunch and save the leftovers for lunch the rest of the week.
  • Read my favorite magazines.
  • Rent a movie.
  • Do a crossword puzzle or read a book or anything activity that is fun for me.
  • Make a dessert for myself that fits into my calorie plan. Have a cup of tea with sugar-free syrup and fat free half and half with it. (OK, it's true, I do this every night, not just on weekends--it's more of an I-made-it-through-another-day-celebration).
  • Eat my special weekend breakfast with my SO (3 slices bacon, 1 TJ's crumpet or Penny's muffin with NF cream cheese and/or jelly, fruit, and a bite of my SO's breakfast pastry).
  • Have two (count 'em, that's TWO) cups of coffee with breakfast.
  • Go shopping.
  • Get a massage or a pedicure.
  • Stop thinking about work until Monday.

A number of my celebratory activities do involve food, I just fit it into my calorie plan. Indulgent food doesn't have to be over your calorie limit.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 11-05-2007 at 06:13 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking My woo hoo is going to be

Getting dressed up in an outfit and looking in the mirror before I decide to break my diet.

And shopping for some new outfits for the above. I dress like a slob at work (for obvious reasons) so this little exercise will be a treat every Friday night. A little preview of what I will look like on Saturday night when I go out (DH or no DH).

Off to do that now, then back to the slob wear for an 8 p.m. walk with 3 golden retrievers. It always seems to rain for these. The dogs take longer to dry off than to walk.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #9  

If you have a significant other, may I suggest planning for and having a freaky romp-a-thon? (always works for me and it burns crazy calories hee hee)

If not, I liked Free's suggestion of some fun workout gear?

Maybe check out your local fitness apparel store and try on a bunch of cute outfits and get yourself the most flattering one?
manchuntd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #10  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Not to turn the discussion all dirty, but... I was surprised when I saw on DailyPlate how few calories you burn in bed. It definitely feels more tiring than a workout, but calories burned? Not so much.

Moderate is 47 cals/hour; vigorous is 93 cals/hour (at least for my weight), which just doesn't seem right. An hour of that vs a one mile walk??
Scenestealer is offline   Reply With Quote