Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Angry Phooey!

Proudly told my DH this morning that I'm within 2 lbs of my goal weight.

He just brought home 2 litres of ice cream and a bag of chocolate chip cookies. For his stress he says.

Gonna stay in my office

Dagmar
Mudpie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Wow, that's so awesome!! Congrats for being so close to goal!!!

And I hear ya on the hubby's eating habits. *sigh* Mine ordered a pizza for supper. MAN it SMELLED GOOOOODDDDD!!!!!!! And the ice cream and cookies yours brought home would be a great dessert for after the pizza! YUMMMMM!!! Ugh, I have to stop thinking about it now. lol
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 05:42 AM   #33  

Talking Thanks 3FC Featherweights

I felt really bad last night. My DH is really bringing me down although I know his behaviour is because he feels so threatened by what I'm doing, and because he's too lazy to develop any self-discipline.

I posted about the cookies and ice cream and then I felt better. I can't confront DH or ask for support for any of my personal goals because he is such a self-absorbed baby (men - arrrrggghhh!!).

I feel like I'm among friends when I'm online here. Any time I need advice or support here you are. THANKS!!

Dagmar (didn't eat any of the "bad" food last night)
Old 11-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Dagmar! Remember, we're here for you to vent to. That's what this place is for, because we all know what dummies our DH's can be!!!

So speaking of DH....I finally got mine to start the c25k program. He lasted 4 days. He got through week 1 and the first day of week 2 and then said his knee hurt. Off to the doctor after the pain lasted a week. The doctor said his quads aren't strong enough to support his knee while running and prescribed ice, rest and an anti inflammatory. He was told once he felt better to strengthen his quads and then he can run again. He asked if using our Nordic Track would help strengthen and he was told YES. So, he's healed. It's been 3 or 4 weeks. Does he use the Nordic Track? NO Do you think he ever will? NO It's very upsetting because he's a couch potato with a stressful job and he drinks too much. He's been gaining weight the past few years and it's all in his chest area which means he's a prime candidate for a heart attack. Any suggestions on how to get him to exercise? My only plan right now (other than outright nagging) is to ask him for a gym membership for Christmas and tell him it should be for both of us and then once there, I'll sign us up for a personal trainer to get us going.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
It's very upsetting because he's a couch potato with a stressful job and he drinks too much. He's been gaining weight the past few years and it's all in his chest area which means he's a prime candidate for a heart attack. Any suggestions on how to get him to exercise? My only plan right now (other than outright nagging) is to ask him for a gym membership for Christmas and tell him it should be for both of us and then once there, I'll sign us up for a personal trainer to get us going.
Are we married to the same man Allison?

I think your idea of signing both of you up and then hiring the trainer for motivation is brilliant!

Nagging definitely doesn't work. I find my DH just digs his little trotters deeper into the couch if I try that.

Dagmar
Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~yesterday at lunch we discussed getting a membership. He did tell me his knee feels a lot better, so I said that he needed to start working on building his thigh muscles. Let's see if it sunk in!

Have a great weekend everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote