Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #1  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default I'm back....

Well, here I am again. I was on this site a while ago, and then for some reason I fell away. I am back on now and hopefully back on track.
I am a WW member... I have been lifetime for a couple of years, but I gained some back. I am at 138 right now. My "goal" is 135 but I'd really like to see myself around 125/127.
These last 5/10 pounds are so hard to lose, and I have zero willpower. And now with all this candy around....

Well, I'm hoping to meet some people to help keep me motivated!!!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Halloween is hard

Welcome back Treighsie!

I hid the Halloween candy (more from DH than myself I thought) and just forgot about it for awhile. Then, freshly back from vacation in NYC and suffering from the "returning to reality blues" I remembered those darn little chocolate bars. Ate about 20 of 'em. BLEAGGHH!!

This year all the leftover stuff goes to the food bank donation box the minute I bring the pumpkin inside. DH is away at class that night so he can't argue about it.

I can't keep stuff in the house. It must be really tough for you with three kids. They don't understand that you're on a diet and so they can't have candy, ice cream, etc. I'm sure you don't constantly feed them sugar but kids are used to having treats and they should. I don't know what I would do in your situation. Having one large child (DH is 45) is bad enough.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey Dagmar - you have one of those 'big' kids too?
Thought I was the only one blessed with such a creature.
I am not buying those little chocolates until Wed. I am NOT to be trusted around temptations like that.
I just succumbed to some gyoza and chicken karaage from a Japanese take out place. Going to rake leaves to burn some off now.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #4  
One Busy Mom!

I went and bought stuff I don't like, which was good. But I realized I DO like Twix I keep them in the downstairs fridge so I have to make a big effort to get them... they are gone now and I'm not buying more
Yes, It's tough with the kids... but I'm hoping I'm teaching them to eat healthy!!
Old 10-28-2007, 12:51 PM   #5  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

Welcome back!

One advantage to being a student living in a basement suite: no kids will be coming by so we don't need candy. Of course that doesn't mean I don't have problems passing by those bags every time I'm in the super market...

And the last 5-10 lbs are the hardest. It's like the body finally realized you took away all the rest of the fat and it is just not going to let the last bit go.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #6  
One Busy Mom!

Seriously though, these 10 pounds seem like much more!
Old 10-29-2007, 01:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Take it from me--the last 10 pounds is very hard! This is been going on for a year! I get discouraged. I get encouraged. I try. I fail. But I'm still here and one day I will see that magic number! Glad you're back!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #8  
One Busy Mom!

Thank you!!
Yes, I think I also need a good dose of self-esteem because I think I look AWFUL...and I see people who I *know* weigh more and I wish I looked as good as they do. Ugh. I'll never be perfect, I just wish I was satisfied.