Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Default I am so strong!

I feel so great. Ok, so my eating has been crummy, which is why my weight isn't going down the way I'd like...but I've been keeping up with the running and working out and the past couple days I've even bumped it up a bit. I can't believe the things my body has done for me the past few days!

I started really pushing it Sunday night when I went for my usual run. Nothing special. But then, Monday morning I went again and proceeded to come home and do my Push DVD, PLUS did the extra ab workout and butt workouts that's on it. I did a total of 2 hours!! THEN, went out and worked in the yard for almost 2 hours and THEN walked 2 miles with my DH Monday night. Then yesterday, after everything I did on Monday I didn't think I'd be able to move but I was fine!! So, I did my run, came home and did my DVD again and then went to help my neighbor/friend stack firewood for almost 2 hours. THEN, walked another 2 miles with DH last night. So, surely for CERTAIN I wouldn't be able to move this am...right? NOT SO! I was fine! Even ran 2.5 miles this am again and another 1.5 miles of walking with my daughter tonight...only to spend a half mile carrying her on my back! I'm so proud of myself and my new abilities. I never could have done any of this stuff in a million years 6 months ago. Yay me!
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

That is great! Feels good to be fit, yup.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

goinforthegold Can I show your post to my DH? He keeps asking me what the "point" of being fit is?

No porblem if you don't want it to go outside 3FC.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #4  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Dagmar: What's the point? The point? Gah. Men. (Or, it seems, yours! )

Goinforthegold: That's a lot of activity, even if you are in shape. Congratulations! Feels great not to be so tired all the time, doesn't it. And for me, being able to dodge most of the colds and flus that my kid drags home from school is a huge bonus.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Ugh, don't even talk to me about the kids and the germ factory they spend their days in. I woke up this am with a sore throat and my head is slowly filling up as the day progresses. Slammed 1000mgs of vit-c into me first thing this am and plan to take more later. Hopefully that will help.

I did another 2.5 miles this am and came home to do my videos again. Then went out to clean the barn and rode for awhile. I feel so confident and strong today!

Dagmar....absolutely feel free to show it to whoever you want! I don't mind at all! Heck, I feel like shouting from the rooftops afterall! I don't quite get the "what's the point" comment either...men are weird. Mine has been walking every night this week, he keeps talking about losing weight, and I wish he would. Though, when I got up this morning there was a box of choco chip cookies on the counter that weren't there when I went to bed. You'd think he'd at least hide the evidence.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking The invisibility factor

Quote:
Mine has been walking every night this week, he keeps talking about losing weight, and I wish he would. Though, when I got up this morning there was a box of choco chip cookies on the counter that weren't there when I went to bed. You'd think he'd at least hide the evidence.
If something is left on the counter it, apparently, becomes invisible. Men tend to have a scary similarity to them. I find all sorts of stuff on the counter the next morning that wasn't there when I went to bed. When queried my DH denies all knowledge of it.

According to him the cat drives to the grocery store and brings back ice cream, cookies, etc. or she makes popcorn and leaves the empty bag on the counter.

Now the cat is smart enough to clean up after herself so I'm not buying it

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote