Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/145

Height: 5' 6.5"

I'm a pear except I have boobs and fairly broad shoulders.

So I'm an hourglass except I have thick thighs.

(38-29-42)

Overall, I love my body shape, though finding pants that are big enough in the ***, don't gape in the waist, AND don't make my legs look stumpy is a bit of a pain. Also, I love all the empire waists and swing coats and stuff that is in style right now but they obscure my waist (my one actually slender part) and make me look a lot heavier. I'm hoping that in another 5-10 lbs that will be less of an issue.
coldbrightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #62  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

interesting thread. I am not only short but very short waisted. I def don't have any curves or boobs, not even really a big butt. I think if I keep getting smaller, I'll probably look very boyish but I'll take that over chunky.
batmomm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:34 PM   #63  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I am a perfect MacIntosh apple... round...
short torso, short legs, big belly, absolutely no butt
Yikes... I hate my body right now.........
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:18 PM   #64  
Changing for the better

I guess I am an "apple" shape (hopefully a soon-to-be hourglass if I can stay on track!) I don't have a big butt/hips, but I am a C cup so my chest is a tiny bit big on my small frame. My main trouble area is my stomach, but my thighs come in at a close 2nd.
Kitegirl24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 02:57 PM   #65  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

I am most definitely a pear. My belly "menopot" stays no matter how much weight I lose. My doctor says a tummy tuck is the only solution after three kids. My thighs are still jiggly. I like the fact that I can feel my hip bones now. I have a bigger butt in comparison to my waist. I can't get jeans that fit well in the waist (too big) and fit me in the butt also. My boobs keep getting smaller and smaller (love Victoria Secret push-up bras). I think they measure 33" now. If I could just take it off my butt and thighs and put it in my chest!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #66  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

I don't know what to call my shape. Maybe a pretzel stick with a plum attached mid-way. LOL! I have long skinny legs and arms, a wittle belly pooch... due to my back to back kiddos and c/s's. It is so hard trying to find clothes that don't just hang... but fit and don't suction to the belly or ride up. My hip spread and my thighs got bigger since having children, so I am still trying to absorb my new body shape that I am not all to keen on.

I do however like my long arms and legs... makes running after the kiddos easier. Ah, and to wrap my arms around both of them and snuggle them up.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:54 PM   #67  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I am ABSOLUTELY in the same boat. I love the empire waist as well, but they hide the only slim part on me, and balloon out at my big 'baby bearing hips'. So that on top of my 34 D/DDs is a huge downer. (So really, I have no idea whether I'm an hourglass or a pear. I'm guessing I'm a bit of both - and I'm okay with that.)

It's also very, very, very hard finding any jeans that fit over my thighs without making me look like I've lost six inches off my legs.

I do love my curves though. When I'm finally able to find clothing that fits proportionately, and when I lose enough weight to make it easier to find - I just know I'll love how feminine my curves are, and I'll stop hiding them under awkwardly fitting clothing and guilt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbrightday View Post
I'm a pear except I have boobs and fairly broad shoulders.

So I'm an hourglass except I have thick thighs.

(38-29-42)

Overall, I love my body shape, though finding pants that are big enough in the ***, don't gape in the waist, AND don't make my legs look stumpy is a bit of a pain. Also, I love all the empire waists and swing coats and stuff that is in style right now but they obscure my waist (my one actually slender part) and make me look a lot heavier. I'm hoping that in another 5-10 lbs that will be less of an issue.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #68  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i have a perfect hourglass going on right now and it's awesome. (39-31-39)

i hope to lose more all over, though. this will be difficult to do without messing up my proportionality.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #69  
Yarp.

S/C/G: 172/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm an hourglass who no longer has a discernable waist... But that's why I'm here!

-Jaclyn
UrsusMaritimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:48 AM   #70  
Losing weight - Toning up

S/C/G: 159/128/120

Height: 5'7"

I think i'm a somewhat between pear shape and hourglass(what a nice name lol).
(my ratio waist/hip is 0.79 =.=')
I have big hip, and upper thighs. But the rest is ok.
When i gain weight, first i'll gain in my stomach (ugh) - specially at lower stomach. And then around my hip. But when i lose weight, i'll lose @ the stomach 1st and then the hip. So .... idk .... it's weird. =.=' They gain and lose exactly as the order when they gain, though idk if i should happy

Last edited by Annita; 06-17-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Annita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #71  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

i just measured myself last night and apparently i've lost an inch from all over! so now my measurements are 38-30-38.
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:17 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 171/150/145

Height: 5'8

I think I'm an apple - slim arms and long slimmish legs, but a big belly, no doubt from all the beer I drink :0/ however I do have a big bottom, but can;t say I mind it.

If I imagine what I would like to look like when I have lost the weight I need to, I am very similar to now but with no belly. (I know this will be hard to do.)
southofriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:18 AM   #73  

I'm a pearpple. Bottom-heavy for the most part, with a belly that has always been there. Someone was once kind enough to point out that I have "big legs," which is absolutely true.

I like... my arms. They keep their definition very well.
I don't like... my ginormous calves and ankles.
NrsgStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:31 PM   #74  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

back 130 I was hands down an hourglass... 24 pounds later my lovely hour glass has slowly started to become a pair shape, hopefully things will even back out with weight loss.

-I love that I have curves, I feel like they make me look both maternal and alluring
- I strongly dislike that I always feel my hips and thighs are larger than they should be, even at 130 I was overly self conscious of my thighs
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 150/Ticker/127

Height: 5'3"

I think I am a pear ... since I've gained weight I always tell my husband I feel like a duck ... but I do also gain and loose it in my face too ... and even my arms this second time around .. but I'm still overall a pear !
onesullengurl is offline   Reply With Quote