Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 PM   #16  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I'm like Allison: a cross between an hourglass and a pear.

I think I've got a nice upper body, if I may say so myself. My triceps and shoulders are really strong, my back is gaining definition, and I can see a "4-pack" of abs (the remaining 2 are still covered by pooch fat). My least favorite body part is my butt, from which fat refuses to budge.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:51 AM   #17  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm a pearple, which is a cross between a pear and an apple. I have always been heavier on my bottom half, but I also have a (now little, used to be big) pot belly that I just cannot get rid of and some upper ab fat as well. At one point I was wearing bottoms that were two or three sizes larger than my tops. Now at least my bottom is only one size (maybe even only half a size) larger than my top. Interestingly, I have lost more inches in my hips than my waist.

What do I like about my body shape? I like the fact that my hips help make my waist look smaller and I love the way the curve between my waist and my hips feels. I touch it all the time. I frequently stand with arms akimbo just so I can feel that curve. I also love my feet (especially when they are pedicured), ankles, and wrists.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I really don't know. I could drop a plumb bob from the tip of my shoulder and it would touch my hip and there is a waist dip in the middle. But I lost weight from the top down and still have a pouchy belly and strong thighs. No skinny jeans for me.
My best explanation is that I'm an hour glass but I'm also over 40

I'm short but well proportioned and don't usually have to buy different sizes for up or down. I guess I like my torso best. I have a narrow rib cage and enough room between my boobs and hips to look slim.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:47 PM   #19  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i am an hourglass.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:57 PM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
I'm somewhere between an hourglass and a pear. I'm not as bottom heavy as a pear, but I do gain in the stomach area (as well as everywhere else!). I tend to look "thick" rather than fat when I've gained weight.
Me too! I used to be more pear but now at 50 I'm a cross between the two
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #21  

Well based on latest measurements (taken 2 weeks ago, COULD have changed I guess but am too traumatised to check lol, HATE tape measure) I'm 34E-27-33.5 so that actually makes me very hourglass? But my um derriere is what even I'd call SMALL..I am not bootylicious at all but technically im an hourglass I guess.

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 02:37 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I'm probably an hourglass even though I need to lose weight in my lower stomach and work on my inner thighs

What do I like most, probably the fact that since I lost about 35lbs (my biggest was 170) my stomach is flatter and has more muscle tone. And I still have my curves.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:09 AM   #23  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm a cross between an hourglass and an apple, I guess? I always have big hips and big breasts, but when I'm big my legs tend to stay pretty nice, even as my hips expand proportionally to my belly/boobs. At goal I'm a definite hourglass, 36/27/37. Still, while my actual waist is nice, the one place I'd still like to slim is my lower belly, still have a bit of a pouch. Of course, I'm up about 8 pounds from my technical goal, but its where my body likes to be and I'm comfortable there.
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 01:43 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 160/133.5/117

Height: a lil under 5'4"

Talking

Hmm I'm an hourglass, because I don't gain weight in my stomach, and my thighs pretty much stay the same size ...and when I gain weight I just look thick, like someone blew air into me like a balloon. haha.... it's time to deflate the balloon!

and about one thing I like and one thing I hate.... I like my waist, because i dont have to pay attention to it, but i hate my thighs. I have small hips and muscular thighs (covered in fat) and so i dont fit into pants!!!
krawhitham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 130/128/120

Height: 5'4"

Definitely an hourglass... although more weight seems to end up on my butt than anywhere else.
I like my upper body a lot... but I wish that I could just suck all the fat from my butt and inner thighs!
tyger1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:57 PM   #26  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I'm another one of the hourglass pears because I have a small waist but I'm not exactly small on top like a pear but my hips/butt/thighs are bigger in comparison (measurements: 34D 27 41). I guees I'm a bottom heavy hourglass. I actually like having a big butt though because it's strong big not fat big and suprisingly I get a lot of compliments at the gym from women who like my butt, a little odd but flattering. Not the biggest fan of my thighs though, still a little too flabby for me.
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #27  

Height: 5'6

I used to be 34-26-36...now I'm about 38-36-40. Total apple! I have major pear-envy.
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #28  
rswlchic

S/C/G: 246/206.8/160

Height: 6'

I would say I am a cross between a pear and an apple. I gain weight in the middle but my arms are not very large. Conversely I tend to gain weight in my inner thighs. I am 6' tall so I can get away with extras. I would love it if I could be thin but keep my boobs. Think Tyra Banks. Sadly, the girls seem to be slip slidding away with the weight.

The one or should I say four, great things about my body are my extemities. My arms are thin so they have great definition and my legs are very long and quite toned from running regulary.
rswlchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 170/157/120

I think am a hourglass of maybe a pear i have big thighs.
stephuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

Definitely a pear shape here

At the moment I'm about 33.5" on top, 25" waist and 37" hips

I've always been happy with having a defined waist but accepting my erm...generous...hips and muscular thighs definitely took a lot lot longer!
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote