Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 AM   #1  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

Default Smaller Bust

Over the years with the weight going up and down, my chest size did also. i went from a 34 C to what i thought was a D, but the cups still runnethed over. Went into VS a few months ago for a bra fitting and was unhappy to find i was now in a DD, and although i still spilled over somewhat, i refused to acknowledge i might even be a 36DDD. Although DH has no complaints ( that's a guy for ya ), i keep hoping this diet will result in losing a cup or two. Not because i have back problems or anything, but because 1. i want to be able to wear shirts and have them actually button, and 2. if i end up at 125, i don't want them to enter a room before i do. Looking out of proportion isn't my goal here.

i guess my question is, how many of you have had a loss of bra cup size while dieting? Am i hoping for a loss that won't really happen, or is it possible they will return to some semblance of average at some point?
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey there!

I went from a 38d to a small 34c....I expect I will likely have to go down to a 34b by the time my weight loss odyssey is over.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #3  

Urm...might have no such luck!

Maybe itll be different for you, but I'm a 34E, and clearly, given that I'm slim now, my breasts don't get smaller with weightloss! IN fact they look bigger, I'm like 34E-26-34? On a small to medium frame, its...urm...well I still fit into US size 6-8 shirts, but it tells you something about how urm large I look. At least they don't sag, I guess.

QUOTE OF THE YEAR-

(from a friend who hadnt seen me since my proportions changed)
"You look...surgically enhanced!"

sigh

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:33 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, I began this at 185 pounds and a size 38 DDD. I am now 155 pounds and a size 36 DD. I'm hoping that by the time I reach 135, I'll drop another cup size! It would be SO nice to be just a D. So, here's hoping that your girls shrink, too

The only downside to losing boobage is that they seem a little loose and saggy to me now...like I've got extra skin. I'm hoping it'll tighten up a little bit over time, but I definitely see surgical breast enhancement in my future.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 155/150/125-130

Height: 5' 5"

Man, we need to figure out a way to work a trade! I'm normally a B/C cup but it definitely shrinks with even a little weight loss ... and I don't want it to! Isn't that always the way, though - people who want it can't keep it and people who don't want it can't get rid of it.
Kilketay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

I'm new to this forum and usually hang out in the maintainers and exercise sections but your question caught my attention. I'm raising my hand as one who has actually had an increase in cup size. I think it's due to the fact that my band size went down quite a bit from my weight loss and that I was probably wearing a cup size that was much to small to begin with. Has anyone seen Oprah's bra show where the women were professionally fitted and most of them were wearing band sizes that were too large and cup sizes that were too small? That's me! Anyway, I had two prof fittings, one at Dillards and one at Nordstroms and they both have me in 34DDD (F) or 32DDDD (G), depending on the style and manufacturer (in Lunier i'm a 34DDD, in Chantelle a 32DDDD). When I was 50 pounds heavier I was 38DD, but my cup runeth over but there was no way I was goign to go bigger. I always thought I'd end up a 36D but when I tried on that size in different styles at Kohl's and Macy's, the cup still didn't contain me and the band seemed loose and rode up in the back. After buying a few ill-fitting bras, I ended up at Dillards and then at Nordstroms. I think when you go down in band size you have to go up in cup size if your boobs don't shrink that much. Mine did get a lot smaller, but I'll always be a big girl, I guess. My new bras feel so good I can't begin to describe it, or contain how wonderful I feel. My sister in law can't believe I'm an F or G and told me I look like a 34B. She didn't believe me until I actually showed her the bras and the labels on the back, so that made me feel good. Anyway, this is a long way of saying, don't worry about the number and letter size you end up, you will look good for having lost weight no matter what! Just get a good bra that fits you properly.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #7  

I've been everywhere from a 36D to barely filling a 34A. I tend to stay around 36B though. That's what I am now. It's only at extreme highs or lows that I really change much.
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

I was a 36C when I was at my heaviest. When I was younger and thin I was a 34C...now I'm more like a really full 34B or half empty 34C...LOL. I'm kinda in the middle. With the whole theory of going down a band size and up a cup size I'm wondering if a 32C would do it for me but they are quite hard to find.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 05:10 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Goinforgold, you really could be a 32C. I would definitely look into it. Try different online stores like figleaves.com. And go to the better department stores where they have more variety in sizes and try a 32C in different styles and manufacturers. It might be snug, but it should be at first. It will stretch out after a wearing or two.
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #10  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

But even the fitters at VS and Hanes have directed me to try a cup smaller with a bigger band or the opposite...so in the case of goinforthegold....a 32c is really the same as wearing a 34b....one may fit better than the other....in the end...the fit is what matters...not what size you're "supposed" to be.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'6"

My boobs are never the same size.
After all these kids and weight ups and downs, it's a wonder that I even have boobs left.
Right now I'm about a 34b but I'm sure it will get smaller. I just wish if they were going to be small they were perky. LOL Instead of looking like pancakes.
sunpike5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:23 AM   #12  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Now here's a Topic!

I can't keep up with my bra sizes. My own reaction is one of disgust and my husband just sits stunned in amazement at his great good luck! Arrrgh!

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote