Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:05 AM   #1  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Default 10 lbs in 1 month

In the last month or two my weight has jumped up about 10 lbs. I notice it most in my tummy - I look like I'm about 4 mos preggers! My current weight is about 160 and I would love to be at 150 by July. Is this feasible? Has anyone who was at a similar weight met a similar goal?
My plan for this is to keep cals to 15-1600, use Fitday, exercise 5-6 days a week and "spot train" (crunches, situps, etc) my tummy. Do you think this will work?
Ideas and tweakings welcome.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

10 pounds in 1 month sounds pretty ambitious, unless you do something radical. Problem is these radical changes are often not very healthy, and not sustainable for most of us. The biggest lesson I've had to learn in this process is patience - sometimes you can be doing everything right, and still hit a plateau. And that can drive you crazy if you've attached time frames to your goals.

I would suggest deciding on a program, concentrate on following it and exercising, then letting things unfold at whatever pace they unfold. Seems slow sometimes, but much less frustrating if you're not eyeballing an arbitrary date on the calendar.
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:50 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie Canuck View Post
I would suggest deciding on a program, concentrate on following it and exercising, then letting things unfold at whatever pace they unfold. Seems slow sometimes, but much less frustrating if you're not eyeballing an arbitrary date on the calendar.
very well said. I never stress myself out anymore, by giving myself a specific goals, especially an abitious one like 10# in a short time frame like a month. I'm always disappointed and then I start getting down on myself for not meeting the goal.

Radical changes don't stick in the long run and you'll put the weight back on when you go back to your old eating habits. It's better if you make a lifestyle change, then you won't go back to old habits because the change is in your lifestyle.

The 3 "P"s of weightloss ...... Perspiration, exercise... Perseverance with food eat healthy 90% of the time ... and Patience the weight will come off for good, eventually...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #4  
one more time...

S/C/G: 183/157.8/133

Height: 5'4" no, 5'5"! I grew!

Thanks to you both for the reality check. It's so hard to be patient, especially since I've been struggling with the same 10 - 15 lbs over and over. I guess I;ll just focus on being healthy.
booskibabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

Definitely health should be priority #1. But that doesn't mean you can't try to lose weight. I think we just mean not to attach too much importance to a time frame. If your goal is 10 pounds in a month, you'll end up feeling that you failed if you only lose 5. Which is silly, really, because losing 5 pounds in a month is actually really great!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote