Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up Cardio + Healthy eating = weight loss?

Hello ladies! I've been here before but just got off track and gave up for a lil. but now I'm back and with a GYM membership

Last time I weighed myself I weighed 135 lb. and my goal is 115 lb. and then tone which will probably bring me up to 120 lb. my problem areas are my mid section and arms. I also want to tighten up my thighs and glutes.

Today I did 1 hour of spinning class for the first time. it was killer but it felt good to be sweating so much. in a little while, I'm going to do a 30 min. video for abs.

Here's what I ate today:

Pre-workout: 1 large green apple
Breakfast: 1 cup smart start cereal w/ RF milk and strawberries
Snack: grapes
Lunch: No lunch...
Dinner: White rice w/ Teriyaki chicken w/ celery & carrots
Drinks: WATER WATER WATER

How am I doing girls? any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:33 PM   #2  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

well, not a girl - but I'd advise against skipping lunch for extended periods of time. You will get a blood-sugar trough - which leads to fatigue and also makes you hungrier & you may be more tempted to overdo it & binge for dinner.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

If you really want tone you need to lift weights and for this you need more fuel. Eating calories that low can burn through muscle and you don't want to loose muscle. Its reccomended to go 500 calories under what you burn normally. Otherwise you could screw up your metabolism.

Otherwise you could sub whole grain for the white rice. Add some more protien in the morning and eat a healthy lunch.

Good luck and welcome!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 07:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/130/120

Height: 5'3"

I will also be lifiting weights since I do want to tone up. I forgot to mention that I do free weights 2-3x a week. thanks for the advice!
superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 AM   #5  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

More lean protein - chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, fish, turkey, soy

Don't skip meals, eat 5-6 small meals every 2-3 hours. Make sure you get protein, unrefined carbs and a little good fat at every meal.

Unrefined carbs are - oats, wild rice, brown rice, whole wheat bread, quinoa, and anything that looks "brown" still. You don't have to eat a starchy carb at every fuelling - some fruit and veg will do.

If you're really interested in getting cut, google John Berardi's Precision Nutrition. He basically suggests eating lean protein at every small meal and veggies at every small meal, but save the starchy carbs for after you've exercised.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #6  
Ilene the Bean

SKIP a MEAL ... Don't do that!! When you workout hard at cardio and weight training you need the clean foods to fuel your workouts .... Eat every 2-3 hours

I agree with 2F more lean proteins... Have chicken and a salad for lunch.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote